Coronavirus

oldngray

nowhere special

Newsom ordered to pay $1.35 million for COVID-19 church discrimination

California's embattled Gov. Gavin Newsom has been dealt a fresh blow after a federal judge ordered him to pay $1.35 million over the state's draconian lockdown of 3,000 churches during the coronavirus pandemic.

In his capacity as governor, Newsom was ordered to pay the costs and attorney fees for a lawsuit brought by a Pasadena church that made it all the way to the United States Supreme Court. The May 14 order told Newsom and all state officials to stop regulating church attendance unless a specific set of infection statistics occur, which is unlikely.

“He is the worst governor in America” for religious freedom, said Mat Staver, founder of Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit law firm that represented plaintiff Harvest Rock Church. “The church stayed open [during the lockdown], and the pastor and parishioners were threatened with daily criminal charges that were up to a year in prison.”

Don't let the door hit you on your way out!
The sad part is that money won't be coming out of his own pocket. People like you will end up paying for it.

rickyb

eating in at restaraunts was closed you could only eat outside, now they ended that but we didnt completely flatten the curve unlike australia and nz

rickyb

I'm glad you own it. Give it 6 months to 5 years. I'm going to really enjoy the highly depopulated planet once all you nimrods die off. It'll be really tragic, but knowing I tried to warn people, I'll adapt and be grateful for the light traffic.
that didnt actually happen.

however we briefed at the end and she reminded us of professionalism like not talking out loud about living your best life at a yacht party during a pandemic

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
that didnt actually happen.

however we briefed at the end and she reminded us of professionalism like not talking out loud about living your best life at a yacht party during a pandemic

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means.

Did you decide to give out lethal injections because the virus and the government response weren't deadly enough?

rickyb

Oops! The great mecca of lockdowness, Australia once again facing outbreak! Lockdown failure once again.

this is not a failure. you need better news sources.

1622124630134.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
this is not a failure. you need better news sources.

View attachment 339022
Lockdowns don't work. They can delay what will happen, but in the end the same number will be infected.

rickyb

Lockdowns don't work. They can delay what will happen, but in the end the same number will be infected.

wheres the outbreak though? its not registering on endcoronavirus.org