Coronavirus

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Anyone hear anything about Famotidine as a treatment? Apparently it is OTC in pepcid. Because some people may require clarification, I am not suggesting people take it, I'm just asking if anyone has heard about it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If you get the shot, you won’t get COVID. It's not 100%. Around 90%- 95% Pfizer/Moderna
You can spread it, but you won’t get it.
If you don’t get the shot, you might get Covid. Right now 95% of the hospitalizations are the unvaccinated.
You might do really well with it. You might not.
The truth is the only thing that will stop covid is the vaccine. Nothing else will. So, if you are not going to get vaccinated, you will be under threat for the rest of your life. If you're not going to take the shot, that's your position.
You are under threat. And by extension, your friends and family. Because if they're unvaxxed and you get it, you can give it to them.

You might think there’s a Nazi plan behind it.
You might be readying yourself for the civil war in 2 years.
You might believe China and the US have conspired to kill us all.
You might think Trump or Biden devised a money monster with big Pharma.
I might of missed something….Except, I think the lack of clarity coming out of Washington is the reason all the idiotic conspiracy theories are out there.
The unanswered question remains, what are the side effects 3/5/10 years down the road.

Antibody-Dependent Enhancement is a real thing that some doctors are warning about. Research it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Except it won't.

I'm waiting for someone to name the last time a vaccine ended a pandemic. There is no evidence of these outlandish, unprecedented claims people keep making about vaccination. When in reality it was known before the pandemic that vaccination during outbreaks will result in what is happening now. It's clear that the only hope we have is the unvaccinated people who've recovered to put an end to the mutations with their wide-spectrum immunity. Those of us who have bravely resisted every attempt to be forced to get vaccinated will take care of the mess you selfish vaccine takers have created, and we won't even suggest that you need to be treated as second class citizens. 'Cause that's how freedom loving, true Americans roll. U-S-A! U-S-A!

The Driver

I drive.
The unanswered question remains, what are the side effects 3/5/10 years down the road.

Antibody-Dependent Enhancement is a real thing that some doctors are warning about. Research it.
ADE was considered before and during animal/human trials of the vaccines.

No evidence that it is a problem with these vaccines. Look it up.

Box Ox

You're not going to get your booster shots?
Maybe, maybe not. Depends if this thing attenuates or remains pretty severe. If it attenuates to the level of a chest cold then I might pass on boosters.

Aren't the vast majority of breakthrough infections already chest colds at worst? I'm just looking to keep it that way over time.

Hope they'll give me all three at once for the lambda variant in a couple months.

wilberforce15

I look forward to receiving this Delta variant, as I will then be able to contribute to my community with immunity to both the original virus and the delta. Yay for helping out the community.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I'm waiting for someone to name the last time a vaccine ended a pandemic.
In the United States, the 1952 polio epidemic became the worst outbreak in the nation's history. Of the nearly 58,000 cases reported that year, 3,145 died and 21,269 were left with mild to disabling paralysis. Intensive care medicine has its origin in the fight against polio.
Thanks to a successful vaccination program, the United States has been polio-free since 1979.

El Correcto

god is dead
In the United States, the 1952 polio epidemic became the worst outbreak in the nation's history. Of the nearly 58,000 cases reported that year, 3,145 died and 21,269 were left with mild to disabling paralysis. Intensive care medicine has its origin in the fight against polio.
Thanks to a successful vaccination program, the United States has been polio-free since 1979.

Yes and now look at the covid numbers.
Vaccinated people might not be symptomatic but they can still be infected and transmit it.

There are already multiple strains of COVID 19 within a short span of time that continue to spread and mutate more. I doubt this thing is going the way of polio old timer, more like influenza.