Coronavirus

wilberforce15

Just as I'm responsible for my health and not in danger of Covid, I also have a work ethic and skills, and have no need to fear unemployment.

A living can be made in lots of ways.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!

Moderna Calls for 3rd Shot of Vaccine to Protect Against New Strains — On Same Day Company Posts $4 Billion 2nd Quarter Profit on Vaccine​

Vaccine developers at Moderna “are looking forward towards our vision of a single dose “annual” booster that provides protection against COVID-19, flu and [respiratory syncytial virus] for adults. … We believe this is just the beginning,” CEO Stephane Bancel said.

So we are now going to be getting ”annual“ shots like the ones they give every year for the flu? Glad they rid us of the flu with those shots.

wilberforce15

I know a young, fit guy with an autoimmune condition, who has a note from his doctor recommending against the vaccine.

His employer is firing him anyway.

That's the kind of scientific nonsense you have wrought.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Again, it's not just about death. It's about the burden of disease. Who wants to be on their back for weeks or risk a trip to the hospital when you can just get a safe shot?
Your 'fact' is anecdotal at this point. Until long-term results are confirmed, it is premature to call the vaccine safe. I do, however, pray you are correct.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
We had pretty much eradicated polio without a vaccine.
What year was that?

"Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10."

"Four African countries have reported new cases of polio linked to the oral vaccine, as global health numbers show there are now more children being paralyzed by viruses originating in vaccines than in the wild."

"The Independent Monitoring Board, a group set up by WHO to assess polio eradication, warned in a report this month that vaccine-derived polio virus is 'spreading uncontrolled in West Africa, bursting geographical boundaries and raising fundamental questions and challenges for the whole eradication process.'"

Vaccines are miracles.
The Polio vaccine did not eradicate polio in the US. True or false?

wilberforce15

What year was that?

The Polio vaccine did not eradicate polio in the US. True or false?
Indoor plumbing and general sanitation solved more epidemics than any doctors.

The polio vaccine did eradicate polio in the United States. I didn't dispute that.

I said we had pretty much eradicated it without the vaccine. That's true. It was only an occasional, small scale problem by the time the vaccine came out. Historically, we had already gotten rid of the vast majority of it.