Coronavirus

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
In the United States, the 1952 polio epidemic became the worst outbreak in the nation's history. Of the nearly 58,000 cases reported that year, 3,145 died and 21,269 were left with mild to disabling paralysis. Intensive care medicine has its origin in the fight against polio.
Thanks to a successful vaccination program, the United States has been polio-free since 1979.

"Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10."

"Four African countries have reported new cases of polio linked to the oral vaccine, as global health numbers show there are now more children being paralyzed by viruses originating in vaccines than in the wild."

"The Independent Monitoring Board, a group set up by WHO to assess polio eradication, warned in a report this month that vaccine-derived polio virus is 'spreading uncontrolled in West Africa, bursting geographical boundaries and raising fundamental questions and challenges for the whole eradication process.'"

Vaccines are miracles.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

In the United States, the 1952 polio epidemic became the worst outbreak in the nation's history. Of the nearly 58,000 cases reported that year, 3,145 died and 21,269 were left with mild to disabling paralysis. Intensive care medicine has its origin in the fight against polio.
Thanks to a successful vaccination program, the United States has been polio-free since 1979.

We had pretty much eradicated polio without a vaccine.

wilberforce15

How many countless people around the country have destroyed their health over the decades and face a reality like this guy's?

People should get the shot today and then immediately change their lifestyle habits.
Fatties should get the shot today, and then change their lifestyle habits.

Healthy people under 60 should ignore all of the pill and shot pushers.

The Driver

I drive.
Fatties should get the shot today, and then change their lifestyle habits.

Healthy people under 60 should ignore all of the pill and shot pushers.
Great, except how many people are truly healthy under 60 in the United States? We know that an astonishingly low number of people get the recommended daily intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, even those that aren't overweight or obese. It's not just about the fatalities with this virus, it's the complications people may endure. Getting really ill and experiencing chronic problems isn't a walk in the park.

So we have to walk and chew gum at the same time, here. We know the vaccines are safe and effective. We know that a plant-based diet is the best diet for health and longevity and well-being, etc. We have to do both.

There aren't that very many truly healthy folks, period. I think this is one of the lessons of the pandemic but I fear we won't learn from it.

wilberforce15

Great, except how many people are truly healthy under 60 in the United States? We know that an astonishingly low number of people get the recommended daily intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, even those that aren't overweight or obese. It's not just about the fatalities with this virus, it's the complications people may endure. Getting really ill and experiencing chronic problems isn't a walk in the park.

So we have to walk and chew gum at the same time, here. We know the vaccines are safe and effective. We know that a plant-based diet is the best diet for health and longevity and well-being, etc. We have to do both.

There aren't that very many truly healthy folks, period. I think this is one of the lessons of the pandemic but I fear we won't learn from it.
Standards are pretty low for being safe from covid.

A non-diabetic who is a correct weight has almost no chance of dying or having a serious long term problem.

The Driver

I drive.
Standards are pretty low for being safe from covid.

A non-diabetic who is a correct weight has almost no chance of dying or having a serious long term problem.
Again, it's not just about death. It's about the burden of disease. Who wants to be on their back for weeks or risk a trip to the hospital when you can just get a safe shot?

wilberforce15

Again, it's not just about death. It's about the burden of disease. Who wants to be on their back for weeks or risk a trip to the hospital when you can just get a safe shot?
That doesn't happen to height weight proportionate people under 60, who don't use drugs or have cancer of diabetes or whatever.

The Driver

I drive.
That doesn't happen to height weight proportionate people under 60, who don't use drugs or have cancer of diabetes or whatever.
Again... how many people in the United States of America fit your description?

We have to do two things at once. Just because someone is height-weight proportionate doesn't mean that they won't have a rough ride with C-19. Sometimes people are suffering from an undiagnosed chronic disease and will get seriously ill with the virus.

wilberforce15

Again... how many people in the United States of America fit your description?

We have to do two things at once. Just because someone is height-weight proportionate doesn't mean that they won't have a rough ride with C-19. Sometimes people are suffering from an undiagnosed chronic disease and will get seriously ill with the virus.
Tens of millions fit my description. Including myself.

So as long as you keep your mandate to your busybody self, we're good.