Coronavirus

wilberforce15

Why would you expose them to the risk of blood clots and heart attacks? Don't some of them have 40-something years of life left? That's a lot of time to expose them to the poison mRNA shots!
There is an unknown risk of blood clots and heart attacks. But the danger of covid to them is very large. It's a dice-roll, but it's rational to go with the vaccine because the virus would be very deadly to them.

The virus is not dangerous to me, so it makes no sense to take the unknown vaccine risk.

Different people are different.

I don't care if my retired parents lose their fertility or something. lol

oldngray

nowhere special
There is an unknown risk of blood clots and heart attacks. But the danger of covid to them is very large. It's a dice-roll, but it's rational to go with the vaccine because the virus would be very deadly to them.

The virus is not dangerous to me, so it makes no sense to take the unknown vaccine risk.

If you are in a high risk group get the shots. If you aren't then the possible side effects can outweigh the benefits.

wilberforce15

If you are in a high risk group get the shots. If you aren't then the possible side effects can outweigh the benefits.
It's amazing how they think this is an inconsistent stance.

The risk of the shot is worth it for people who would have a problem with covid. It's not worth it for others. Amazing logic.

The Driver

I drive.

There is unknown risk of their heads exploding or their stomachs imploding or their lungs collapsing but none of these things happened during trials and none of them have happened up until today to the trial participants.

You worry too much.

wilberforce15

There is unknown risk of their heads exploding or their stomachs imploding or their lungs collapsing but none of these things happened during trials and none of them have happened up until today to the trial participants.

You worry too much.
We don't know what has happened up until today in vaccinated people relative to unvaccinated people, as I've already explained to you like a 2 year old.

We also don't know what the risk is in a year, or five years, or ten years. That's why normal vaccine development takes a decade.

For me, since the virus is of no risk, I don't get the unknown risk vaccine.

For vulnerables, since covid is a huge risk, the unknown risk of the vaccine is acceptable.

This is not hard.

The Driver

I drive.
It's amazing how they think this is an inconsistent stance.

The risk of the shot is worth it for people who would have a problem with covid. It's not worth it for others. Amazing logic.
The problem is that many people in their 40s and 50s walk around acting like they're low risk when they are anything but. People should get inoculation because we observe that it's safe and effective.

Then we need to have a serious effort to work on the nation's chronic health burden. I know that Michelle Obama tried in her own way and got shot down for it but we need to try again. And again. And again. Until something sticks. We're destroying our health. But that's another thread.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

You worry too much.
How many healthy Americans under 40 have died with a covid diagnosis?

The Driver

I drive.
We don't know what has happened up until today in vaccinated people relative to unvaccinated people, as I've already explained to you like a 2 year old.

We also don't know what the risk is in a year, or five years, or ten years. That's why normal vaccine development takes a decade.

For me, since the virus is of no risk, I don't get the unknown risk vaccine.

For vulnerables, since covid is a huge risk, the unknown risk of the vaccine is acceptable.

This is not hard.
Normal vaccine development takes 5 years or longer because of non-science related red tape. That was fast tracked by Operation Warp Speed.

wilberforce15

The problem is that many people in their 40s and 50s walk around acting like they're low risk when they are anything but. People should get inoculation because we observe that it's safe and effective.

Then we need to have a serious effort to work on the nation's chronic health burden. I know that Michelle Obama tried in her own way and got shot down for it but we need to try again. And again. And again. Until something sticks. We're destroying our health. But that's another thread.
That is a problem. I know a ton of fat diabetics in their 30s who act like it's not a problem.

They could die and I've told them so. There are a lot of stupid people who are way more vulnerable than they think.

I'm just not one of them.

The Driver

I drive.
That is a problem. I know a ton of fat diabetics in their 30s who act like it's not a problem.

They could die and I've told them so. There are a lot of stupid people who are way more vulnerable than they think.

I'm just not one of them.
I'll also add that there a lot of semi-overweight 30-somethings that don't have a diagnosis of a chronic disease and are walking around like time bombs. Even if they don't die in the hospital it's still a horrible thing to go through and expensive for the taxpayer and for the lost hours of productivity. It's no good.

wilberforce15

I'll also add that there a lot of semi-overweight 30-somethings that don't have a diagnosis of a chronic disease and are walking around like time bombs. Even if they don't die in the hospital it's still a horrible thing to go through and expensive for the taxpayer and for the lost hours of productivity. It's no good.
It's a very small number, but it exists.

It's also still completely stupid to expect a not-even-semi-overweight 30-something who already had covid and did fine to get the vaccine.

oldngray

nowhere special

It's also still completely stupid to expect a not-even-semi-overweight 30-something who already had covid and did fine to get the vaccine.
The vaccine does little to nothing to help you if you already had the disease. The CDC admitted it.

The Driver

I drive.
The C-19 vaccines weren't developed from scratch like many people imagine. That's part of the reason they were developed so quickly. Add in a global effort, tons of money and developing mRNA tech and you've got a recipe for a fast-tracked vaccine that's saved lives and will continue to.

Thank the scientists and thank Donald Trump for the vaccine. After all, the man and his whole healthy, young family has opted for the mRNA shots.

wilberforce15

The C-19 vaccines weren't developed from scratch like many people imagine. That's part of the reason they were developed so quickly. Add in a global effort, tons of money and developing mRNA tech and you've got a recipe for a fast-tracked vaccine that's saved lives and will continue to.

Thank the scientists and thank Donald Trump for the vaccine. After all, the man and his whole healthy, young family has opted for the mRNA shots.
And yet, you cannot get 2, 5, or 10 year data in a year, no matter what technology you have.

So people who aren't at risk from the virus have no reason to take it.

The Driver

I drive.

If you eat even an egg yolk a day you're probably more at risk for a cardiac event than this vaccine. That's not how vaccines work. You have an adverse reaction right away or you don't have an adverse reaction. By and large. Especially after a year.