Coronavirus

wilberforce15

I will not immediately bow to the received scientific wisdom from people who can't identify boys and girls.

It tells me they are willing to go with any absurdity, no matter how unscientific, if public image demands it of them. They are not scientists. They may be right or wrong in their field, but I know they're willing to do anything for politics.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The AMA and American Heart Association would like a word with you.
1622568513626.jpg

The Driver

I drive.
I will not immediately bow to the received scientific wisdom from people who can't identify boys and girls.

It tells me they are willing to go with any absurdity, no matter how unscientific, if public image demands it of them. They are not scientists. They may be right or wrong in their field, but I know they're willing to do anything for politics.
And the American Heart Association? What's their stance on dietary cholesterol and egg yolks?

wilberforce15

And the American Heart Association? What's their stance on dietary cholesterol and egg yolks?
You are clearly unaware that, although the AHA takes a firm stance, that there are highly-qualified people within this specialty that object. Scientists often disagree with one another about all kinds of things. And it is positively anti-scientific to say that whoever has the majority or the institution is automatically right.

Most in the AHA think dietary cholesterol and egg yolks should be limited or are a significant contributor to heart disease. A smaller number think it's not a big deal, or think the AHA has it completely backwards.

Scientists disagree with one another. Welcome to life.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You are clearly unaware that, although the AHA takes a firm stance, that there are highly-qualified people within this specialty that object. Scientists often disagree with one another about all kinds of things. And it is positively anti-scientific to say that whoever has the majority or the institution is automatically right.

Most in the AHA think dietary cholesterol and egg yolks should be limited or are a significant contributor to heart disease. A smaller number think it's not a big deal, or think the AHA has it completely backwards.

Scientists disagree with one another. Welcome to life.
But, but…….science is God. Are you telling me that God disagrees with Himself?

No wonder scienceGod created such a screwed up world!

fishtm2001

"Republican anti-vaxxism offers a fascinating study of relationship between right-wing elites vs. rank-and-file. Elites first fomented anti-vax feeling for partisan purposes. They succeeded so well that they cannot/dare not now reverse."

David Frum