Coronavirus

fishtm2001

Alabama is out of ICU bed and staff to take care of patients. By this time next month they could be looking at a near-doubling of their Covid patients to 5,000. Bad news for anyone needing healthcare there. I guess heart attacks, strokes and car accidents will just have to be put on hold.

Be careful if you reside in AL...
Red states....nuff said

wilberforce15

Alabama is out of ICU bed and staff to take care of patients. By this time next month they could be looking at a near-doubling of their Covid patients to 5,000. Bad news for anyone needing healthcare there. I guess heart attacks, strokes and car accidents will just have to be put on hold.

Be careful if you reside in AL...
Hospitals are regularly overrun from a single car wreck and patients must be sent to other hospitals. They stay 90-95% full at all times so that they can stay in business.

In this supposed pandemic, their staffing hasn't really changed much. They're already overfull all the time for no reason at all in 2019. And I have enough hospital connections at "overrun" hospitals to see that it's all full of nonsense.

They talk about being 20% over capacity in some ICU or whatever, and it's when they have 10 ICU beds and 12 patients, 9 of whom aren't COVID. lol

wilberforce15

Can anyone look at this map of black population and tell me who is filling Alabama's hospitals?

It ain't Trump people.

Attachments

• 6a4a0fb81f080cb78e6ddac02acd734f.png
    6a4a0fb81f080cb78e6ddac02acd734f.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 63

The Driver

I drive.
No, it really doesn't.

Viruses mutate, and then mutations survive, when they are pressured to do so.

If something puts selective pressure on one version of the virus, the mutation will survive and thrive relative to the vaccinated one.
Take an honest look at the hospital data.

Hardly anyone is dying from this thing if they're protected with vaccine.

Very, very few are going to the hospital seriously ill with this virus if they're protected with vaccine.

Vaccines are working but only when people get them. There's no guarantee that they'll be a mutant that evades the protective qualities of the vaccine. People should just do the smart thing TODAY. Whether they will is looking pretty grim.

wilberforce15

You are uninformed. Watch Tucker much?
COVID is hitting minority communities disproportionately hard, yes?

And Alabama is 26% black. That's double the average population ratio for blacks.

So, a state that is 26% black is getting hit. It's unvaccinated black people filling the hospitals.

Welcome to data.

wilberforce15

Take an honest look at the hospital data.

Hardly anyone is dying from this thing if they're protected with vaccine.

Very, very few are going to the hospital seriously ill with this virus if they're protected with vaccine.

Vaccines are working but only when people get them. There's no guarantee that they'll be a mutant that evades the protective qualities of the vaccine. People should just do the smart thing TODAY. Whether they will is looking pretty grim.
That doesn't address the point that the vaccines created the mutations.

The Driver

I drive.
Red states, but it's Biden voters filling the hospitals.
No Trump voters are in the hospital? lol

Of course there plenty of black people in the hospital. They are a larger percentage of people in the South. And they're misinformed and scared of the vaccine unnecessarily as well. And they're more likely to be unhealthy.

This is humanitarian problem. Not a totally political problem.

wilberforce15

Of course there plenty of black people in the hospital. They are a larger percentage of people in the South. And they're misinformed and scared of the vaccine unnecessarily as well. And they're more likely to be unhealthy.

I didn't say no Trump voters were in the hospital.

COVID victims are wildly disproportionate in leaning Democratic. Righties aren't filling the hospitals.

wilberforce15

Thanks for admitting that we wouldn't have a hospital problem if the minorities and Democrats had taken care of themselves.

wilberforce15

Poverty causes people to lean toward poorer lifestyle decisions in an environment such as ours that's basically poisonous at every turn. That's another topic entirely.
Thanks for admitting they are the cause of the problem.

Now we just need to talk about why they are the cause of the problem. That is a different topic.

But it perfectly makes the point that nobody should be mad at red states or Trump people for this.

fishtm2001

Hospitals in North Texas have "quietly developed" a plan to allow doctors to take vaccination status into account when deciding how to triage intensive-care beds if the coronavirus pandemic overwhelms ICUs, The Dallas Morning News reports.

wilberforce15

And that can many times have nothing to do with vaccines. So, people should get vaccinated. It's our best weapon right now.
It can, at times, have nothing to do with vaccines. But the presence of vaccines encourages and solidifies mutations.

The vaccine is only a therapeutic for the recipient. I acknowledge it probably lowers the chance of serious illness in the short term for the recipient. That's cool. I support fatties and AARP-people getting it.

I don't need the vaccine, and me getting it would only be part of the variant problem.

fishtm2001

It can, at times, have nothing to do with vaccines. But the presence of vaccines encourages and solidifies mutations.

The vaccine is only a therapeutic for the recipient. I acknowledge it probably lowers the chance of serious illness in the short term for the recipient. That's cool. I support fatties and AARP-people getting it.

I don't need the vaccine, and me getting it would only be part of the variant problem.
And yet all your MACA heroes have gotten the vaccine.