Coronavirus

The Driver

I drive.
It can, at times, have nothing to do with vaccines. But the presence of vaccines encourages and solidifies mutations.

The vaccine is only a therapeutic for the recipient. I acknowledge it probably lowers the chance of serious illness in the short term for the recipient. That's cool. I support fatties and AARP-people getting it.

I don't need the vaccine, and me getting it would only be part of the variant problem.
So a 43 year old refuses the vaccine believing they'll be fine. Then they catch the virus and suddenly demand the best medical care. Shouldn't doctors be empowered to triage? Shouldn't they be empowered to choose whom they treat when staff and resources are limited?

wilberforce15

So a 43 year old refuses the vaccine believing they'll be fine. Then they catch the virus and suddenly demand the best medical care. Shouldn't doctors be empowered to triage? Shouldn't they be empowered to choose whom they treat when staff and resources are limited?
Triage is based on the health and viability of the patient, not however much blame the doctor puts on the person's lifestyle.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes unvaccinated people should get priority care because they are more at risk.

That's common sense.

The Driver

I drive.
Triage is based on the health and viability of the patient, not however much blame the doctor puts on the person's lifestyle.
Health and viability. We know that your vaccine status has a direct impact on your level of illness and likelihood of death.

When hospitals get overrun and there are only so many doctors and nurses they should be empowered to choose whose life and health is likely to be saved.

The unvaccinated adults are picking their poison. This is all in the context of a stressed medical system.

Just like when a 74 year old has a massive heart attack and can't get immediate care at the local hospital when a school bus full of kids has a traumatic crash. The kids get priority. Oops. Guess that 74 year old should have been more careful throughout his life and attended to his health. Seconds count.

wilberforce15

Health and viability. We know that your vaccine status has a direct impact on your level of illness and likelihood of death.

When hospitals get overrun and there are only so many doctors and nurses they should be empowered to choose whose life and health is likely to be saved.

The unvaccinated adults are picking their poison. This is all in the context of a stressed medical system.

Just like when a 74 year old has a massive heart attack and can't get immediate care at the local hospital when a school bus full of kids has a traumatic crash. The kids get priority. Oops. Guess that 74 year old should have been more careful throughout his life and attended to his health. Seconds count.
You just made a great case for treating the unvaccinated first.

Triage means those who need the most help get it.

vantexan

An out of control spread of the virus encourages mutations.

Fact
No, mutations occur when a virus is too virulent, harming its hosts. Milder variants occur. Which is why we keep getting the new cases numbers, but the actual death toll isn't mentioned. Would hurt the narrative.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Alabama is out of ICU bed and staff to take care of patients.
The second half of your sentence is what many are finding out is the issue. Staffing.

Largest hospital here has 16 beds empty. (only about 50 beds total) they’ll continue to be empty because they don’t have the people to staff them. They underpay and treat their employees like garbage. They’re now mandating the vaccine for employees. By some estimates this means they could have up to 30% of their workforce walk if pushed to do so.

No one is disputing this is real and at this point a shortage is a shortage but many hospitals have create an environment that this was ripe to happen in. They understaff and underpay to maximize profits.

vantexan

The second half of your sentence is what many are finding out is the issue. Staffing.

Largest hospital here has 16 beds empty. (only about 50 beds total) they’ll continue to be empty because they don’t have the people to staff them. They underpay and treat their employees like garbage. They’re now mandating the vaccine for employees. By some estimates this means they could have up to 30% of their workforce walk if pushed to do so.

No one is disputing this is real and at this point a shortage is a shortage but many hospitals have create an environment that this was ripe to happen in. They understaff and underpay to maximize profits.
Which is then spun to support an out of control virus rampage narrative.