Coronavirus

The Driver

I drive.
The second half of your sentence is what many are finding out is the issue. Staffing.

Largest hospital here has 16 beds empty. (only about 50 beds total) they’ll continue to be empty because they don’t have the people to staff them. They underpay and treat their employees like garbage. They’re now mandating the vaccine for employees. By some estimates this means they could have up to 30% of their workforce walk if pushed to do so.

No one is disputing this is real and at this point a shortage is a shortage but many hospitals have create an environment that this was ripe to happen in. They understaff and underpay to maximize profits.
When 5,000 people need an ICU bed by September 20 in Alabama all this won't matter to those Covid patients suffocating to death.

wilberforce15

The second half of your sentence is what many are finding out is the issue. Staffing.

Largest hospital here has 16 beds empty. (only about 50 beds total) they’ll continue to be empty because they don’t have the people to staff them. They underpay and treat their employees like garbage. They’re now mandating the vaccine for employees. By some estimates this means they could have up to 30% of their workforce walk if pushed to do so.

No one is disputing this is real and at this point a shortage is a shortage but many hospitals have create an environment that this was ripe to happen in. They understaff and underpay to maximize profits.
In a real pandemic, they haul people out of nursing school and medical school to help.

In a fake pandemic, they fire qualified help and don't increase pay.

That's how you know it ain't all that real.

vantexan

When 5,000 people need an ICU bed by September 20 in Alabama all this won't matter to those Covid patients suffocating to death.
Most covid deaths occurred with the original strain. The Delta variant has been the dominant strain for what, about two months? Where are all the deaths? Of course people can die from it, but appears not nearly at the rate of the original strain. Should they start listing other causes as covid deaths too to get us worried?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Take an honest look at the hospital data.

Hardly anyone is dying from this thing if they're protected with vaccine.

Very, very few are going to the hospital seriously ill with this virus if they're protected with vaccine.

Vaccines are working but only when people get them. There's no guarantee that they'll be a mutant that evades the protective qualities of the vaccine. People should just do the smart thing TODAY. Whether they will is looking pretty grim.
Take an honest look at the hospital data.

Hardly anyone is dying from this thing if they're protected with vaccine.

Very, very few are going to the hospital seriously ill with this virus if they're protected with vaccine.

Vaccines are working but only when people get them. There's no guarantee that they'll be a mutant that evades the protective qualities of the vaccine. People should just do the smart thing TODAY. Whether they will is looking pretty grim.

“ Additionally, new Illinois data on breakthrough hospitalizations and deaths shows 34 of the 134 COVID-19 deaths over the past week were fully vaccinated individuals, or more than 25% of those who died from the virus.”

I wouldn’t call 25% of deaths hardly anyone.

wilberforce15

“ Additionally, new Illinois data on breakthrough hospitalizations and deaths shows 34 of the 134 COVID-19 deaths over the past week were fully vaccinated individuals, or more than 25% of those who died from the virus.”

I wouldn’t call 25% of deaths hardly anyone.
And it's not just that it's 25%. It's that it used to be single digits. Now 25. It's the slope that matters.

The vaccines are only going to prove decent as therapeutics for a very short window of time.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Most covid deaths occurred with the original strain. The Delta variant has been the dominant strain for what, about two months? Where are all the deaths? Of course people can die from it, but appears not nearly at the rate of the original strain. Should they start listing other causes as covid deaths too to get us worried?
More people die from common respiratory infections!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Which is then spun to support an out of control virus rampage narrative.
It’s certainly an odd situation right now.

I know this is not everyone’s situation but me personally I have known a lot of people with covid over the last year or so. A few even passed away. But currently in the middle of this crazy outbreak I do not know a single person with covid. No one I even know has been asking for prayers for someone they know.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

I know this is not everyone’s situation but me personally I have known a lot of people with covid over the last year or so. A few even passed away. But currently in the middle of this crazy outbreak I do not know a single person with covid. No one I even know has been asking for prayers for someone they know.
I personally know one that had it 2 weeks ago. No big deal, couple days it was gone

MAKAVELI

Yeah I'm going out in a limb and say you probably don't know too many people overall in Hickville USA.😂