Coronavirus

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I figured that's what you were getting at. I merely pointed out that, according to official stats given, the rate of death over the last four months has seriously slowed down in comparison to the 12 months before that. Since you like to ask questions, and aren't taking things on faith, are you in a position to determine whether each and every death listed was actually covid related? Have you used your medical expertise to look at every death listed? So you have to have a certain amount of faith in the stats. What we do know is there were 650,000 people who died during the pandemic who were listed as covid related deaths. Whether that's accurate or not who knows 100% for sure? You don't. I was just pointing out the obvious to someone who believes people are dropping like flies. Nothing more.

I have zero faith in the stats, because there is zero reliable basis for the stats. When you look at All Cause Deaths from 2020, the numbers just aren't that much higher than what was projected based on the trend in the growth of the death rate. Approximately 25,000 more people died of all causes than were expected to die based on pre-pandemic projections. Based on that, it's not hard to defend a position that covid did not kill anyone who wasn't likely to die to begin with. And the uptick in deaths can almost entirely be accounted for by lockdown related conditions, suicide, drug overdose, etc.

By comparison, Sweden's all cause deaths dropped from 2019.

Talking about stats that have no reliable basis is giving unjustifiable credence to them.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I have zero faith in the stats, because there is zero reliable basis for the stats. When you look at All Cause Deaths from 2020, the numbers just aren't that much higher than what was projected based on the trend in the growth of the death rate. Approximately 25,000 more people died of all causes than was expected to die based on pre-pandemic projections. Based on that, it's not hard to defend a position that covid did not kill anyone who wasn't likely to die to begin with. And the uptick in deaths can almost entirely be accounted for by lockdown related conditions, suicide, drug overdoae
There are 10x more deaths this month in England compared to last year in August. Very high vaccine rate. The deaths are from different causes due to virus suggesting the vaccine is a factor

vantexan

I have zero faith in the stats, because there is zero reliable basis for the stats. When you look at All Cause Deaths from 2020, the numbers just aren't that much higher than what was projected based on the trend in the growth of the death rate. Approximately 25,000 more people died of all causes than were expected to die based on pre-pandemic projections. Based on that, it's not hard to defend a position that covid did not kill anyone who wasn't likely to die to begin with. And the uptick in deaths can almost entirely be accounted for by lockdown related conditions, suicide, drug overdose, etc.

By comparison, Sweden's all cause deaths dropped from 2019.

Talking about stats that have no reliable basis is giving unjustifiable credence to them.
Someone pointed out we just passed 650,000 covid related deaths. I pointed out that by the very stats he used the rate of death has gone down considerably. That's a legitimate argument no matter what you believe about the legitimacy of such stats. As for whether there were any legitimate covid related deaths, the entire world has suffered under this pandemic, not just the U.S. To say it was all lies as the bodies piled up is an extraordinary misunderstanding of events and leads credence to those who think most of us are conspiracy nuts. They take things to extremes, and so do we. Seek balance. It'll make you happier.

UnionStrong

Might be. Even left wing rags like the Daily Beast are starting to recognize the data coming out of Israel, how ineffective the vaccine is against the variant and that after 6 months your really not protected anymore. The left wing shills on here will be hysterical but the truth has a way of coming out. Too many people involved to keep it under wraps

UnionStrong

Someone pointed out we just passed 650,000 covid related deaths. I pointed out that by the very stats he used the rate of death has gone down considerably. That's a legitimate argument no matter what you believe about the legitimacy of such stats. As for whether there were any legitimate covid related deaths, the entire world has suffered under this pandemic, not just the U.S. To say it was all lies as the bodies piled up is an extraordinary misunderstanding of events and leads credence to those who think most of us are conspiracy nuts. They take things to extremes, and so do we. Seek balance. It'll make you happier.
They culled the herd

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
10x or 10%? 10x covid deaths? Or 10x all cause deaths? That seems like a lot, either way.
10x daily deaths from the same time last year in UK. They spiked then dropped then spiked then now dropped again. The drop this time isn't rock bottom like last time though. And it's slowly ticking up.

Both numbers are pretty small, 15/150ish at the drops.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

This Ends The Debate' - Israeli Study Shows Natural Immunity 13x More Effective Than Vaccines At Stopping Delta​

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

You are accepting claims as true that have no reliable basis. I'm not saying covid isn't real, I'm saying with the manner in which the global response has been utterly botched, there is no reliable data upon which to make any credible claims about covid. Every covid case could literally have been RSV, the Flu, or some other common cold, sinus infections, food poisoning, etc, and we would have zero way to know one way or the other.

The Driver

I drive.
You are accepting claims as true that have no reliable basis. I'm not saying covid isn't real, I'm saying with the manner in which the global response has been utterly botched, there is no reliable data upon which to make any credible claims about covid. Every covid case could literally have been RSV, the Flu, or some other common cold, sinus infections, food poisoning, etc, and we would have zero way to know one way or the other.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

vantexan

Yah, all those people in hospitals worldwide who tested positive for covid all died from something else. It's a worldwide conspiracy I tell ya! And again, all I did was point out that based on the numbers given the pandemic has slowed way down. I didn't try to justify stats or anything. But we must goose step to the right dogma or be discredited as some kind of leftist wing nut. Gotcha.

UnionStrong

Yah, all those people in hospitals worldwide who tested positive for covid all died from something else. It's a worldwide conspiracy I tell ya! And again, all I did was point out that based on the numbers given the pandemic has slowed way down. I didn't try to justify stats or anything. But we must goose step to the right dogma or be discredited as some kind of leftist wing nut. Gotcha.
Jawohl!