Coronavirus

The Driver

I drive.
The vaccine that 35% of people that died in Illinois last week had?
That percent just keep creeping up.
35% may have had the vaccine but what is the raw number of deaths in total?

Do a thought experiment: if a state has a 100% vaccination rate then every single breakthrough death would mean 100% of the deaths were from the vaccinated population. But what is the actual number of deaths? Probably pretty low overall. Probably very low.

The vaccine wasn't designed to be perfect and frankly it could be less effective than previously thought against emerging variants. BUT... It's the best tool we have. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Too many people are dying because they falsely believe they're young and healthy when they are certainly not.

The vaccine is safe and effective. It's not safe and perfectly effective.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
35% may have had the vaccine but what is the raw number of deaths in total?

Do a thought experiment: if a state has a 100% vaccination rate then every single breakthrough death would mean 100% of the deaths were from the vaccinated population. But what is the actual number of deaths? Probably pretty low overall. Probably very low.

The vaccine wasn't designed to be perfect and frankly it could be less effective than previously thought against emerging variants. BUT... It's the best tool we have. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Too many people are dying because they falsely believe they're young and healthy when they are certainly not.

The vaccine is safe and effective. It's not safe and perfectly effective.
35 deaths were fully vaccinated.

So about 5 a day or just a couple less than what the total daily average was for the state about a month ago.

The Driver

I drive.
At this point, even if it was 100% safe, and 100% guaranteed to make my dick bigger, id still never take it. Because of the way people like you are trying to push it onto everyone, like you know whats best for them.
It’s not me who knows what’s best for you, it’s the scores of public health experts that agree what’s best for you.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Fake news.
download-1.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At this point, even if it was 100% safe, and 100% guaranteed to make my dick bigger, id still never take it. Because of the way people like you are trying to push it onto everyone, like you know whats best for them.
I know a lot of people (myself included) that got the vaccine but aren’t getting a freaking booster every 6 months or even every year.

refineryworker05

The original article was published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases and happened to be published in the National Library of Medicine as many studies are. The original studies were done with assistance from the Ministry of Health in one Mexican state., specifically Tlaxcala

It's not an NIH-sponsored study and is one of many studies done on multi-drug therapies in Mexico which show some early successes against COVID.

I never said its enough evidence, but it is worth looking at.

Loosen your mask, it's cutting off circulation to your brain.
If the position is well this may work but there is no real evidence yet that it does work..... Then people wouldn't be clamoring to take this drug at least as its being reported.
There is an actual drug the FDA recommends for treating covid. Yet people refuse to get the vaccine, don't take the FDA approved drug to treat covid, and instead some opt for taking a drug that may not work at all to treat covid or some opt to take a version of that same unproven to treat covid drug meant for horses. Both positions are irrational and delusional.
Again, these posters are being wrong about covid in the exact same way for over a year now. Unbelievable

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

wilberforce15

These people put practicing doctors on the news to completely fabricate stories that are easily checked.

Am I not supposed to doubt them when I can't easily check?

It's not if they'll lie to the entire public. We know for certain they will and have, all the way to the top. It's only how much and which parts are lies.

I tell my kids all the time: trust makes the world go 'round. Once it's gone, you can't do anything with or for anybody.