Coronavirus

Box Ox

if people think Spotify is going to dump Rogan, they should know Spotify has 100 million reasons to make them think real hard about it.

For sure. But having their music and podcasts pulled might become the cool new thing for artists and content creators if Rogan does stay since this is now a racism thing. And Spotify might be worse off than before they brought Rogan on if they do keep him.

It’ll be interesting to see how everything shakes out. I don’t know enough about the business to have a prediction one way or the other.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
For sure. But having their music and podcasts pulled might become the cool new thing for artists and content creators if Rogan does stay since this is now a racism thing. And Spotify might be worse off than before they brought Rogan on if they do keep him.

It’ll be interesting to see how everything shakes out. I don’t know enough about the business to have a prediction one way or the other.

I'm watching Star Trek, original series. In this episode they reveal that it takes us until the 23rd century to learn not to fear words, and to be delighted with who and what we are. It seems we were more advanced in the 60's and have regressed since.

Box Ox

I'm watching Star Trek, original series. In this episode they reveal that it takes us until the 23rd century to learn not to fear words, and to be delighted with who and what we are. It seems we were more advanced in the 60's and have regressed since.

True, words are pretty harmless in themselves. And I think the whole N-word thing has largely been taken completely out of context by the media and those who wish to see Joe cancelled. They're giving the word power, not him.

I'm just a little worried that Joe really did believe he'd stumbled upon the planet of the apes when he stepped out of the cab into that black neighborhood that one fateful day in Philadelphia. I hear that kind of thing fairly often here in the south. And when people say it, they usually mean it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
True, words are pretty harmless in themselves. And I think the whole N-word thing has largely been taken completely out of context by the media and those who wish to see Joe cancelled. They're giving the word power, not him.

I'm just a little worried that Joe really did believe he'd stumbled upon the planet of the apes when he stepped out of the cab into that black neighborhood that one fateful day in Philadelphia. I hear that kind of thing fairly often here in the south. And when people say it, they usually mean it.

You're the one who listens to that racist piece of garbage. :wink-very:

You should probably cancel your spotify account.

Box Ox

You're the one who listens to that racist piece of garbage. :wink-very:

You should probably cancel your spotify account.

Joe's podcast is available on the free tier. And I'd be glad to hear more from him on the issue before I consider changing my entertainment lineup. Haven't heard a single racist thing from him since I've been listening. :)

Poop Head

Judge me.
I dont see what the problem is here. Dude was probably trippin balls, got out of the theater, and got a good dose of "black culture".

Why do people wanna pretend that an area thats predominantly black is gonna be the same as an area thats predominantly white?

Box Ox

Why do people wanna pretend that an area thats predominantly black is gonna be the same as an area thats predominantly white?

The areas not being the same doesn’t mean I’d ever think of a predominantly black area as being full of apes.

I do realize that some folks on here might. 😉

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I dont see what the problem is here. Dude was probably trippin balls, got out of the theater, and got a good dose of "black culture".

The areas not being the same doesn’t mean I’d ever think of a predominantly black area as being full of apes.

I do realize that some folks on here might. 😉

Beautiful example of someone who doesn't look at everything in terms of race vs someone who does.

The question is whether Joe Rogan was actually comparing black people to apes, or is he the type of person where the thought never entered his mind because he doesn't think of everything in terms of race?

Box Ox

Beautiful example of someone who doesn't look at everything in terms of race vs someone who does.

The question is whether Joe Rogan was actually comparing black people to apes, or is he the type of person where the thought never entered his mind because he doesn't think of everything in terms of race?

You think Rogan would have ever stepped out of a cab in a predominantly white neighborhood and said he'd just set foot on the planet of the apes?

This seems like a common sense issue that doesn't require me or anyone else to "look at everything in terms of race" to see the problem here.

Poop Head

Judge me.
question is whether Joe Rogan was actually comparing black people to apes, or is he the type of person where the thought never entered his mind because he doesn't think of everything in terms of race?
Like most people, probably the latter. It was probably a good comparison, being that it was most likely night time, walking through a mostly black neighborhood, they prob saw people fighting in the streets, kids unattended, getting eyeballed and mean mugged by everyone. Hell, there were probably grown men climbing the streetlights.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You think Rogan would have ever stepped out of a cab in a predominantly white neighborhood and said he'd just set foot on the planet of the apes?

This seems like a common sense issue that doesn't require me or anyone else to "look at everything in terms of race" to see the problem here.

No, because he is used to the culture in "white neighborhoods". It's difficult for people who only see race to understand that others don't see the world that way. I have no idea how Rogan meant what he said, but some people are so unracist that they don't even think to censor themselves for the benefit of people who look for racism in everything.

Have you seen the South Park episode about the South Park flag? Everyone thought Stan's group was super racist because they supported the flag, then realized that they were so unracist that the racist theme of the flag didn't even dawn on them, and they saw it as only a flag with people hanging another person.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Like most people, probably the latter. It was probably a good comparison, being that it was most likely night time, walking through a mostly black neighborhood, they prob saw people fighting in the streets, kids unattended, getting eyeballed and mean mugged by everyone. Hell, there were probably grown men climbing the streetlights.

But that can still only be meant to communicate the idea of feeling out of place and unwelcome. It didn't have to be a comparison between black people and apes. Only people who make that comparison in their own minds would automatically assume Rogan meant that, It's called projection. And they aren't angry that he made that comparison, but that he said it out loud when they have been so careful to censor themselves. He has to be punished for breaking their unwritten rules.

Box Ox

No, because he is used to the culture in "white neighborhoods". It's difficult for people who only see race to understand that others don't see the world that way.

Rogan had already sampled the area's black culture and noticed that it was significantly different from his own the moment he stepped out of the cab?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Photo showing Stacey Abrams maskless surrounded by masked children

1644175877234.png

Another Elitist Hypocrite