Coronavirus

tadpole

Nope. Never instantly figured I'd landed on the Planet of the Apes or any other planet. :)
Does anybody have audio or a quote of exactly what Rogan (with context)? Or an full explanation from Joe? All I've heard is that he deeply regrets saying it but it was taken out of context.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't know anything about her, but I doubt she is the one forcing the kids to wear masks. She doesn't want to wear the mask, and seems unafraid of others' judging her for no mask. So I already think I like this lady.

No, she supports children wearing masks in school while refusing to wear one herself (except for during convenient photo ops), like most of the Democrat political elite. Feel free to look into he she is.

tadpole

No, she supports children wearing masks in school while refusing to wear one herself (except for during convenient photo ops), like most of the Democrat political elite. Feel free to look into he she is.
it takes guts going into a room and being the only one not wearing a mask. I briefly looked into who she is, and found that she has advocated for wearing masks and getting vaccinated on twitter (more than a year ago), but I haven't seen anything saying she supports the mandates. Maybe we should be happy that she isn't wearing a mask?

It makes me furious that the kids are forced to wear masks. But let's not sling mud here against this lady, she's not even in office.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I don't know anything about her, but I doubt she is the one forcing the kids to wear masks. She doesn't want to wear the mask, and seems unafraid of others' judging her for no mask. So I already think I like this lady.
The children shouldn't have to wear masks. Stacy is for mask mandates.

Don't you think she should be a better example for what "she" believes in? smh

Hey mom.... what... this lady came into our class today and was the only one NOT wearing a mask...Well, that doesn't seem right..... Mom... What...Do I have to wear my mask tomorrow?

PS... forcing young children to wear masks is child abuse...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
it takes guts going into a room and being the only one not wearing a mask. I briefly looked into who she is, and found that she has advocated for wearing masks and getting vaccinated on twitter (more than a year ago), but I haven't seen anything saying she supports the mandates. Maybe we should be happy that she isn't wearing a mask?

It makes me furious that the kids are forced to wear masks. But let's not sling mud here against this lady, she's not even in office.

She thinks kids should wear masks while she doesn't do so herself, how is pointing that out slinging mud? She exhibits the same "rules for thee, but not for me" behavior as other democrats. She may not hold public office at this point, but she is still a public figure. I'm not going to be happy about her hipocrisy.

tadpole

The children shouldn't have to wear masks. Stacy is for mask mandates.

Don't you think she should be a better example for what "she" believes in? smh

Hey mom.... what... this lady came into our class today and was the only one NOT wearing a mask...Well, that doesn't seem right..... Mom... What...Do I have to wear my mask tomorrow?

PS... forcing young children to wear masks is child abuse...
If she is for mask mandates then forget everything I said.
I agree with your last sentence.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Tears of the left....

“It is shameful that our opponents are using a Black History Month reading event for Georgia children as the impetus for a false political attack, and it is pitiful and predictable that our opponents continue to look for opportunities to distract from their failed records when it comes to protecting public health during the pandemic,” Abrams’ campaign said in a statement, later adding: “This pathetic, transparent and silly attack is beneath anyone who claims he wants to lead Georgia.”

Box Ox

Tears of the left....

“It is shameful that our opponents are using a Black History Month reading event for Georgia children as the impetus for a false political attack, and it is pitiful and predictable that our opponents continue to look for opportunities to distract from their failed records when it comes to protecting public health during the pandemic,” Abrams’ campaign said in a statement, later adding: “This pathetic, transparent and silly attack is beneath anyone who claims he wants to lead Georgia.”

Abrams can get :censored2:ed. She's at exponentially greater risk from COVID than healthy children are and she still chose to go maskless in rooms full of them. If that doesn't display what Democrats really think about the virus I'm not sure what does. And they're still making the poor kids mask all day. Those kids are gonna grow up to make the Gen Zers look like a model of great mental health.

vantexan

You think Rogan would have ever stepped out of a cab in a predominantly white neighborhood and said he'd just set foot on the planet of the apes?

This seems like a common sense issue that doesn't require me or anyone else to "look at everything in terms of race" to see the problem here.
The problem is every last one of us at one time or another has said something we wished we hadn't and if someone has an axe to grind they'll use that against us if that statement is on some kind of record. Rogan was reliably liberal, supported Bernie Sanders, but he's willing to do what the cancel culture absolutely abhors, discuss any subject on its merits and from any angle. That's what makes his podcast so popular. Jumping on a bandwagon to run Rogan out of town is exactly what the extremists want and as usual racism is the preferred weapon. Rogan could've just meant that like "The Planet of the Apes" when he got out of that cab he was in a totally different world than what he was used to. Not a smart way to put it and in today's super heated polarized society giving your enemies ammo like that will get you burned. But you have to know that going along with the attacks on Rogan means another avenue of honest, open discussion will be taken away at the detriment of all of us. Luckily the capitalists at Spotify aren't willing to give up their cash cow and sooner or later this will blow over. And probably pick up a lot more listeners to Rogan.

vantexan

She has repeatedly claimed that she got cheated out of the governorship of Georgia even though she lost by 50,000 votes. Have absolutely no sympathy for her.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The problem is every last one of us at one time or another has said something we wished we hadn't and if someone has an axe to grind they'll use that against us if that statement is on some kind of record. Rogan was reliably liberal, supported Bernie Sanders, but he's willing to do what the cancel culture absolutely abhors, discuss any subject on its merits and from any angle. That's what makes his podcast so popular. Jumping on a bandwagon to run Rogan out of town is exactly what the extremists want and as usual racism is the preferred weapon. Rogan could've just meant that like "The Planet of the Apes" when he got out of that cab he was in a totally different world than what he was used to. Not a smart way to put it and in today's super heated polarized society giving your enemies ammo like that will get you burned. But you have to know that going along with the attacks on Rogan means another avenue of honest, open discussion will be taken away at the detriment of all of us. Luckily the capitalists at Spotify aren't willing to give up their cash cow and sooner or later this will blow over. And probably pick up a lot more listeners to Rogan.
The 'artists' who've removed their work from Spotify have done listeners a favor, IMHO.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
How can someone be giving out misinformation if they are following the science ?

Unless those that declare what is misinformation are clueless themselves.

Since science is not a fixed ideal but is always changing as more facts become known.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I'm with tadpole on this .
How darn you make fun about Gov. Abrams.
She won that election fair & square.