Coronavirus

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

The Omicron Wave Subsides

On the menu today: The Omicron wave is just about done, with new cases now down 80 percent from the early January peak. But judging from masking- and vaccination-policy decisions from Washington, D.C., to New York City to Canada, you would think the Omicron variant was still raging out of control; the CDC’s data reveal that the Delta variant hasn’t been seen in weeks; and Fairfax County Public Schools have to start the clock on the countdown to allowing students to go maskless, as the county has passed the threshold for “moderate community transmission.”
So after the Superbowl it will be interested to see what happens the next few weeks. Will this be the end of the Kung flu?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It has to be because it's a game the voters aren't willing to keep playing more than a year after the vaccines arrived.
Lots of gatherings last Sunday to watch the game. Numbers were dropping previously. If they were infected, symptoms should start around Friday. We will soon know.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It has to be because it's a game the voters aren't willing to keep playing more than a year after the vaccines arrived.

This virus followed the 1917 pandemic to a “T”..

Too bad a lot of people died from everything associated with this germ medically and politically.

vantexan

I’m talking about the 2 figure amounts. That’s high.
Airport pricing. Ate at a Carl's Jr at a Mexican airport. Combo cost me over $15. But in its defense was one of the best fast food burgers I've ever eaten. One of the ironies of Mexico. When they do splurge they demand quality. We're used to things getting crappier and crappier in the States.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Airport pricing. Ate at a Carl's Jr at a Mexican airport. Combo cost me over $15. But in its defense was one of the best fast food burgers I've ever eaten. One of the ironies of Mexico. When they do splurge they demand quality. We're used to things getting crappier and crappier in the States.
Probably human flesh

vantexan

There are numbers in black and some in red. Are the both pesos?
They are. Mexico deals strictly in Pesos. The only time you'll see dollars posted is on Craigslist for rentals catering to gringos. I'm guessing the smaller # is by the dose, the larger # for the whole package. Still more expensive than local farmacias.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They are. Mexico deals strictly in Pesos. The only time you'll see dollars posted is on Craigslist for rentals catering to gringos. I'm guessing the smaller # is by the dose, the larger # for the whole package. Still more expensive than local farmacias.
I figured the airport would be higher, but I thought it was a special gringo price. Lol

vantexan

I figured the airport would be higher, but I thought it was a special gringo price. Lol
Where I was just at taxi rides were only 40 Pesos. Less than $2. I always gave a 10 Peso tip and those guys would act like I was a saint. I suspect Mexicans don't tip. If you truly want to feel like you're making a difference in the world tip a Mexican taxi driver!