Coronavirus

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Now fully-vaccinated and boosted Secretary of State Antony Blinken tests positive for COVID after attending the White House Correspondents' Dinner, parties and a brunch - joining multiple others who have already been infected​

• Secretary of State Antony Blinken tested positive for COVID-19 after attending Saturday's White House Correspondents' Dinner, parties and a Sunday brunch
  • The State Department said that Blinken tested positive on a PCR test after testing negative for several days, including on an antigen test Wednesday a.m.
  • 'The Secretary has not seen President Biden in person for several days, and the President is not considered a close contact,' the State Department said
  • Blinken was spotted through WHCD weekend attending several events including the dinner, the Paramount-CBS after-party and Politico's brunch
  • Blinken only has 'mild symptoms,' the State Department said, and he's fully vaccinated and boosted
  • By Tuesday, some attendees of the WHCD reported testing positive for COVID-19, despite the large event's testing requirement

tadpole

Much more lethal. Theyre admitting our failure to eradicate it
You think that we should expect to be able to eradicate it? It would be incredibly costly to try, with no guarantee of any kind of success (i.e. people suffer pain and hardships for absolutely no benefit). It's a coronavirus. They mutate very quickly. We've never successfully made a vaccine for a coronavirus before. There is an animal reservoir so even if we could eradicate it in humans, it would still be out there to catch as it continues to mutate in animals.

So we've failed to eradicate it. What's next? Keep trying to eradicate it by forcing people to remain in their residences? How long should we keep it up?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You think that we should expect to be able to eradicate it? It would be incredibly costly to try, with no guarantee of any kind of success (i.e. people suffer pain and hardships for absolutely no benefit). It's a coronavirus. They mutate very quickly. We've never successfully made a vaccine for a coronavirus before. There is an animal reservoir so even if we could eradicate it in humans, it would still be out there to catch as it continues to mutate in animals.

So we've failed to eradicate it. What's next? Keep trying to eradicate it by forcing people to remain in their residences? How long should we keep it up?

Until everyone starves to death. The only way to guarantee no human ever catches covid again.

vantexan

And the facilities are enough to hold all of Oregon's unvac....oh wait, it's Auschwitz and they're going to kill everyone. They won't just execute as they find them, they'll round them up and cattle car them to the death camp. And these armed to the teeth mostly conservative Trump supporters will just let them. What's on second?
@zubenelgenubi

vantexan

How many people helped the Japanese Americans who were put in internment camps? The Supreme Court gave that the seal of approval. I'm having trouble trying explain something that is so clear and obvious. Building camps that are meant to imprison people against their will, without committing a crime, or due process, is unacceptable on its face. You don't have to factor in other issues that don't matter.

Bringing up irrelevant points about the numbers of certain groups, or how armed they are is just a sign of being in denial. Their chances of success at this point in history doesn't matter. The real concern is that if we allow this to happen now, over years or decades the concept will be normalized, accepted and expanded. In that time gun rights will continue to be eroded, attitudes will continue to be shaped through propaganda, and eventually we will have the 4th Reich. There will be no allies coming to the rescue.

But you're right, it's doomed to failure because "muh guns".
@zubenelgenubi

vantexan

It's based on a sample size of 1,000 people, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. Polls, and especially misleading headings referring to polls, have become a way to drive public opinion, not gauge it. But, I could easily see around 20% of the country supporting house arrest and concentration camps for people they disagree with.

Oregon is currently building concentration camps, Washington already had them, both have been pushing legislation that would allow the detainment of anyone a "public health official" seems a threat to public health. New York proposed such a bill, but it was withdrawn.
@zubenelgenubi

oldngray

nowhere special
Untitled.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I'm sorry you have difficulty with reading comprehension. I stand by everything I wrote, it is all factually accurate, and I'm not the one who is blowing things out of proportion. As I said last night, you misrepresent what others write, maybe it's because you really don't understand what you are reading, in which case I understand why life is so difficult for you. But it's more likely that you do it as a defense mechanism so you can dismiss things you don't want to hear and call the other person crazy and paranoid. In which case, I understand why life is so difficult for you. Most likely, you're just a sock puppet here to waste people's time with your inanity.

giphy (18).gif

vantexan

I'm sorry you have difficulty with reading comprehension. I stand by everything I wrote, it is all factually accurate, and I'm not the one who is blowing things out of proportion. As I said last night, you misrepresent what others write, maybe it's because you really don't understand what you are reading, in which case I understand why life is so difficult for you. But it's more likely that you do it as a defense mechanism so you can dismiss things you don't want to hear and call the other person crazy and paranoid. In which case, I understand why life is so difficult for you. Most likely, you're just a sock puppet here to waste people's time with your inanity.

View attachment 382802
Yup, they're building concentration camps to put the unvaccinated in. And have no intention of feeding them. Yup, it happened just as you said.