Coronavirus

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Every time I see my doctor, she keeps asking if I'm up-to-date on my covid shots.
I always say no and I've never been tested.
One would think that my chart would say if I'm not a user.

Gotta Go

1674176023915.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Step aside Covid, there's a new kid in town.

• Both patients are in Massachusetts, health authorities in the state said
  • Contact tracing is underway to track down any other cases of the disease
  • Super-gonorrhea is resistant to a large swathe of available antibiotics

Fenris

Isn't Massachusetts where monkey pox broke out also? What is going on there?

Thebrownblob

If this keeps going, it’s going to put a serious hurting on those hook up apps like tinder
L O L

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Most Americans who get their bivalent booster vaccine are not protected against falling sick with Covid, official data suggests.

A report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released today found the updated shots were just 48 percent effective at stopping symptomatic infection caused by the XBB.1.5 subvariant for up to three months.

The CDC highlighted that the main purpose of the vaccines is to prevent hospitalization and death rather than transmission, and they are still expected to give high protection against severe illness.

But the findings mean the bivalent shots - which the US Government paid $5billion for last autumn - fall short of the World Health Organization's 50 percent efficacy threshold for an effective vaccine

100%

Most Americans who get their bivalent booster vaccine are not protected against falling sick with Covid, official data suggests.

A report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released today found the updated shots were just 48 percent effective at stopping symptomatic infection caused by the XBB.1.5 subvariant for up to three months.

The CDC highlighted that the main purpose of the vaccines is to prevent hospitalization and death rather than transmission, and they are still expected to give high protection against severe illness.

But the findings mean the bivalent shots - which the US Government paid $5billion for last autumn - fall short of the World Health Organization's 50 percent efficacy threshold for an effective vaccine
Did anyone ever talk about the % of being hospitalized? It’s pretty non existent. Almost no one even gets hospitalized from this flu virus.

vantexan

I so look forward for every single death to be breathlessly blamed on COVID vaccines.
I had a 99% blocked "widow maker" artery at 49. Didn't happen overnight, takes many years to get to that point. A lot of people in their 40's and 50's have and die from heart attacks. But how do you explain the excess deaths happening worldwide in teens and twentysomethings? A very recent phenomenon that wasn't occurring pre Covid and not because of Covid. Already known that the mRNA vaccines cause myocarditis in quite a few young people, particularly young men. What I don't understand is the need to defend vaccines that were rushed to market without the usual lengthy trials and the denials that anything might be wrong with them when it has already been proven they're ineffective in preventing the disease or transmission to others? Why should this be a liberal or conservative issue? A conservative administration pushed for bringing these to market quickly and a liberal government took up advocating that this was the best way to prevent deaths and end the pandemic. They both may have screwed up very badly. Time will tell. It may be an issue that only affects a limited amount of people. It may be a ticking time bomb for hundreds of millions of people. Could be that something else altogether is causing the much higher than normal deaths. But something is happening and denying it won't change that.

newolddude

I had a 99% blocked "widow maker" artery at 49. Didn't happen overnight, takes many years to get to that point. A lot of people in their 40's and 50's have and die from heart attacks. But how do you explain the excess deaths happening worldwide in teens and twentysomethings? A very recent phenomenon that wasn't occurring pre Covid and not because of Covid. Already known that the mRNA vaccines cause myocarditis in quite a few young people, particularly young men. What I don't understand is the need to defend vaccines that were rushed to market without the usual lengthy trials and the denials that anything might be wrong with them when it has already been proven they're ineffective in preventing the disease or transmission to others? Why should this be a liberal or conservative issue? A conservative administration pushed for bringing these to market quickly and a liberal government took up advocating that this was the best way to prevent deaths and end the pandemic. They both may have screwed up very badly. Time will tell. It may be an issue that only affects a limited amount of people. It may be a ticking time bomb for hundreds of millions of people. Could be that something else altogether is causing the much higher than normal deaths. But something is happening and denying it won't change that.
I don't deny there's a possibility/probability that the vaccines are causing health issues.

What I want to know is that for all of these early deaths.
-how many were vaccinated and how many were not
-how many had COVID and how many did not

The problem is we don't have these numbers but all of you are completely convinced the vaxxes are killing tons of people and that some very high percentage of heart related deaths are purely the fault of those alone.

vantexan

I don't deny there's a possibility/probability that the vaccines are causing health issues.

What I want to know is that for all of these early deaths.
-how many were vaccinated and how many were not
-how many had COVID and how many did not

The problem is we don't have these numbers but all of you are completely convinced the vaxxes are killing tons of people and that some very high percentage of heart related deaths are purely the fault of those alone.
You may be right but may I ask why would there be a large up tick in deaths among the young unvaccinated? Covid primarily killed older people. And the vaccines caused quite a bit of myocarditis. Not an issue with the unvaccinated. I don't know if the vaccines are killing people or not. What I do know is worldwide there's a big upswing in excess mortality not caused by Covid and rather than sweeping it under the rug we should be investigating it. Governments don't want to do that because the possible reason might involve their decisions and they might get swept out of power because of that.