Coronavirus

I pity you.
Delighting in the death and suffering of others to try to prove some warped little political point.
That would be a sad existence.

9,444 dead Americans, 330,000 known infected. Already 992 dead today only. Will we see the first 2,000 dead in a day for the first-time? Stay tuned.

I don’t ask for your pity. All I ask is you be strong and stop melting like a snowflake.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
How Epidemics of the Past Changed the Way Americans Lived

As we are seeing with the coronavirus today, disease can profoundly impact a community—upending routines and rattling nerves as it spreads from person to person. But the effects of epidemics extend beyond the moments in which they occur. Disease can permanently alter society, and often for the best by creating better practices and habits. Crisis sparks action and response. Many infrastructure improvements and healthy behaviors we consider normal today are the result of past health campaigns that responded to devastating outbreaks.

Interesting read on the good old days. :wornout::happy-very:

poster.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So the flu kills.1 % of known cases covid 19 kills 20 × more almost 2.5 percent just in USA alone. So if 60 thousand people die each year of flu in United States multiply by 20× thats approximately 1.2 million a year. So I guess it could get worse. Anyone who thinks it's a hoax or a joke is a foo
OK so if I'm incorrect correct me

You can't assume death rates will remain the same as confirmed cases rise. Just the opposite, in fact. All deaths from covid are supposedly confirmed with tests, confirmed cases must necessarily be lower than actual cases, but the number of deaths will ostensibly all be confirmed cases. As the number of confirmed cases catches up to actual cases, the deaths will be where they are, and the death rate vs confirmed cases will drop. It is already reported at around 1% for covid 19. The 2.5 number is the number of new infections believed to be caused by each infection.