Coronavirus

cachmeifucan

Screenshot_2020-04-05-14-49-21.png
You realize not everyone lives where delivery is available don't you?
If you live where they don't deliver

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So 1% of the 11,256 cases is 112.5 so it's 250 deaths is over 2%. And the flu kills .1 percent and kills roughly 60000 Americans each year
We know the actual death rate because people die, and get recorded. We don't know the true INFECTION rate since we haven't all been tested. Which means as we send out more tests, the fatality rate drops. Your argument is based on us knowing the true number of cases right now.
We don't.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Well duh that's also true for the flu most cases for unreported so how many people get the flu and never get tested
So it is disingenuous to say that we have a 2 percent fatality rate.
We have 2 deaths per hundred currently testing positive.
Which is not at all the same thing.

MAKAVELI

Well duh that's also true for the flu most cases for unreported so how many people get the flu and never get tested
It's pretty obvious to the healthcare workers that the rate of Covid-19 infections turning into pneumonia is sky high compared to the flu. This is the reason for a shortage of ventilators. Those patients will die without them. Never heard of a shortage of ventilators of this magnitude for the flu. But deniers will continue stick their heads in the sand.

cachmeifucan

How many people you think will die of covid19. My buddy said that he read a article saying it's actually 20 million less people using cell phones in China. We know 500k came here so what about the other 19.5 million Google it

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
How many people you think will die of covid19. My buddy said that he read a article saying it's actually 20 million less people using cell phones in China. We know 500k came here so what about the other 19.5 million Google it
Loco.
China couldn't cover up 20 million deaths. I have no doubt they lie about their numbers. But it ain't anywhere near that.

BrownArmy

How Epidemics of the Past Changed the Way Americans Lived

As we are seeing with the coronavirus today, disease can profoundly impact a community—upending routines and rattling nerves as it spreads from person to person. But the effects of epidemics extend beyond the moments in which they occur. Disease can permanently alter society, and often for the best by creating better practices and habits. Crisis sparks action and response. Many infrastructure improvements and healthy behaviors we consider normal today are the result of past health campaigns that responded to devastating outbreaks.

Interesting read on the good old days. :wornout::happy-very:

poster.jpg

They put up plexiglass shield around cashiers at the grocery checkout ... a certain amount of people are let in, then it’s one out/one in.

Six feet separation when waiting to get in, six feet separation when waiting in the designated line to checkout.

I think the plexiglass barriers aren’t going anywhere...

I wonder if next years flu season won’t be as bad - it took a global pandemic to teach Americans how to wash their hands!