Coronavirus

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Spell, 42, who plans to hold three services at his 1,000-member Life Tabernacle megachurch in a Baton Rouge suburb on Palm Sunday, has defied state orders against assembling in large groups and has already been hit with six misdemeanors.

"The church is the last force resisting the Antichrist, let us assemble regardless of what anyone says," he said.

For Spell and others, the public health orders are a threat to religious freedoms and constitutional rights.

"Satan's trying to keep us apart, he's trying to keep us from worshipping together. But we're not going to let him win," Kelly Burton, pastor at Lone Star Baptist Church in Lone Star, Texas, wrote in a post on Facebook.

The Americans defying Palm Sunday quarantines: "Satan's trying to keep us apart"
Pathologically Funny.
I hope God would reject these fools as his people.

Humorous God Story
A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."
So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."
To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."
To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

shutterstock_100995136_350.jpg

They put up plexiglass shield around cashiers at the grocery checkout ... a certain amount of people are let in, then it’s one out/one in.

Six feet separation when waiting to get in, six feet separation when waiting in the designated line to checkout.

I think the plexiglass barriers aren’t going anywhere...

I wonder if next years flu season won’t be as bad - it took a global pandemic to teach Americans how to wash their hands!
I know for myself I certainly have been a lot cleaner at work

9,528 dead Americans. 333,000+ known infected. 1,076 dead today. The numbers are rising. Eventually the deaths will hit close to home. The deniers will tell them, just be happy the flu didn’t get them.

MAKAVELI

h1n1 infected 61,000,000 Americans and killed 12,500 just in the US. What did Obama do?

Funny, I don't remember society being shut down. While Coronavirus can be more serious, it's amazing how different the response has been on each pandemic.
We will probably hit 12 thousand deaths by Tuesday at the latest. Your H1N1 numbers are for an entire year. Got anything else?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
h1n1 infected 61,000,000 Americans and killed 12,500 just in the US. What did Obama do?

Funny, I don't remember society being shut down. While Coronavirus can be more serious, it's amazing how different the response has been on each pandemic.
And swine flu is still going around.

M

MenInBrown

So the flu kills.1 % of known cases covid 19 kills 20 × more almost 2.5 percent just in USA alone. So if 60 thousand people die each year of flu in United States multiply by 20× thats approximately 1.2 million a year. So I guess it could get worse. Anyone who thinks it's a hoax or a joke is a foo
Way off

M

MenInBrown

You can't assume death rates will remain the same as confirmed cases rise. Just the opposite, in fact. All deaths from covid are supposedly confirmed with tests, confirmed cases must necessarily be lower than actual cases, but the number of deaths will ostensibly all be confirmed cases. As the number of confirmed cases catches up to actual cases, the deaths will be where they are, and the death rate vs confirmed cases will drop. It is already reported at around 1% for covid 19. The 2.5 number is the number of new infections believed to be caused by each infection.

Correct. That also doesn’t include the a-symptomatic either which will drive it down. Dr Fauci has already said he believes it to be similar to a severe flu pandemic.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So it is disingenuous to say that we have a 2 percent fatality rate.
We have 2 deaths per hundred currently testing positive.
Which is not at all the same thing.
This is indicative of testing that does not include asymptomatic victims of the COVID-19 virus.
The USA and the entire world is woefully short of a desired 'tested positive' number.

A better measure of morbidity, at this time, would have as a denominator of those admitted to the hospital + deaths outside of hospital.
The numerator would be deaths in hospitals plus deaths outside hospital.

9,540 Americans dead, 333,000+ known infected. I’m still waiting for my Trump welfare program check. He promised in early April, he lied.

Congrats Old Man Jingles on learning how to cut and paste. I’ll remember this moment when we bury you over Covid19. RIP.