Coronavirus

newfie

Wrong. The number of deaths and economic fallout could have been reduced with competent federal leadership.

over half of our problems are in New York. Are you saying the feds forgot to tell the mayor on march 10th when he told new yorkers that you should live like normal if you're under 50?

perhaps he forgot to tell pelosi when she told folks not to worry about china town and to come on down like normal?

perhaps they forgot to tell you when you continously posted here that the wuhan flu was no worse then the regular flu?

newfie

92951833_10218377643365058_26153649298210816_n.jpg

It will be fine

over half of our problems are in New York. Are you saying the feds forgot to tell the mayor on march 10th when he told new yorkers that you should live like normal if you're under 50?

perhaps he forgot to tell pelosi when she told folks not to worry about china town and to come on down like normal?

perhaps they forgot to tell you when you continously posted here that the wuhan flu was no worse then the regular flu?
Yes I’m sure my opinion was the reason we still don’t have enough tests to properly function. My opinion is why the government was slow to use the DPA to procure enough medical supplies. Jesus Christ, the recession is the fault of the Trump administration’s failure to plan. You can try to spread blame around but that’s not reality. One man had the power to fix the largest issues we are having. He failed miserably.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My opinion is why the government was slow to use the DPA to procure enough medical supplies.
Only an idiot or a liar would say that would have helped.

Companies ramped up production as fast as physically possible. Democrats wanted a factory making engine blocks to convert into a clean room style medical production facility. To make ventilators that it turns out, they didn't even need.

Freaking idiots

rod

Retired 23 years
"What the crisis has given us is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see ourselves and our country in the plainest of views. At no other time, ever in our lives, have we gotten the opportunity to see what would happen if the world simply stopped. Here it is. We’re in it. Stores are closed. Restaurants are empty. Streets and six-lane highways are barren. Even the planet itself is rattling less (true story). And because it is rarer than rare, it has brought to light all of the beautiful and painful truths of how we live. And that feels weird. Really weird. Because it has… never… happened… before. If we want to create a better country and a better world for our kids, and if we want to make sure we are even sustainable as a nation and as a democracy, we have to pay attention to how we feel right now."

Julio Vincent
A month after the "all clear" signal is given it will be back to business a usual minus the financial stuff. It would be nice if we came out of this as a better place for our kids but ------------ that won't happen.

newfie

Yes I’m sure my opinion was the reason we still don’t have enough tests to properly function. My opinion is why the government was slow to use the DPA to procure enough medical supplies. Jesus Christ, the recession is the fault of the Trump administration’s failure to plan. You can try to spread blame around but that’s not reality. One man had the power to fix the largest issues we are having. He failed miserably.

we have tested 2.8million people so far. No one else is even close to us only germany and italy barely broke a million. too much CNN?

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
But still better than Obama could even dream to achieve!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And depleted the supply and did not resupply.
Fact check: Did Obama administration deplete N95 mask stockpile?

“The Obama administration significantly depleted the federal stockpile of N95 respirator masks to deal with the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009 and never rebuilt the stockpile despite calls to do so,” the piece begins.

USA TODAY investigation:US never spent enough on emergency stockpile, former managers say

The article draws from the reporting of outlets including Bloomberg News and the Los Angeles Times. According to Bloomberg News, “after the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”

It will be fine

we have tested 2.8million people so far. No one else is even close to us only germany and italy barely broke a million. too much CNN?
Reality. One of my drivers still can’t get a test despite having a few increased risk factors and symptoms. Another guy I know couldn’t get a test until he was admitted to the hospital. We still don’t have enough tests.