Coronavirus

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My business isn't small and solo any more. But I do work less.
giphy (14).gif

wilberforce15

Completely unheard of. Right? Nobody teaches and employs tutors.

I can charge as though I'm an independent contractor, which is especially high because they assume you have to pay for your own benefits and such.

I subcontract out to a few to tutor under my business name, and do some myself.

That's the beauty of PT at UPS. I get to charge high independent contractor rates for teaching, but I don't have the expenses of an independent contractor because my whole family is covered for $0. Smart, yeah?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Completely unheard of. Right? Nobody teaches and employs tutors.

I can charge as though I'm an independent contractor, which is especially high because they assume you have to pay for your own benefits and such.

I subcontract out to a few to tutor under my business name, and do some myself.

That's the beauty of PT at UPS. I get to charge high independent contractor rates for teaching, but I don't have the expenses of an independent contractor because my whole family is covered for $0. Smart, yeah?
giphy (16).gif

zimbomb

Immigrants and their U.S.-born children now number approximately 90 million people, or 28 percent of the overall U.S. population, according to the 2019 Current Population Survey (CPS).

M

MenInBrown

It's superfluous to use love and affection when, in context, they both point toward the same thing.

It's a hallmark of Midwit Writing to double-up on descriptions without adding actual content.

You're giving yourself away.
I think everyone stopped reading your comments when you did not know you could not immigrate without migrate. Your lack of common sense made you jump on 2 words that may have a different definition but go hand in hand. Which has lead to your ramblings trying to convince everyone now that you really are the smartest guy in the room. But carry on. Again, the book of common sense will carry you a long way. I think you may have a better career than teaching.

vantexan

He deployed the military only after the states pleaded with him, much like his being late to the social distancing recommendations.
You have it backwards. He can't just go in wherever he wants. The Federal government has to be invited in by a state's governor. When governors start hollering about the Federal government not having enough ventilators, etc it's to divert from the fact that it's each state's responsibility to prepare for emergencies and their fault if not prepared.

wilberforce15

I think everyone stopped reading your comments when you did not know you could not immigrate without migrate. Your lack of common sense made you jump on 2 words that may have a different definition but go hand in hand. Which has lead to your ramblings trying to convince everyone now that you really are the smartest guy in the room. But carry on. Again, the book of common sense will carry you a long way. I think you may have a better career than teaching.

Yes, migration is required in order to immigrate. My people migrated. But we didn't immigrate. This is super easy.

wilberforce15

Maybe they just have :censored2: math tutors,

Absolutely no one cheats on standardized tests like the Indians and Chinese. They have formal government operations that exist solely to swindle American corporations and universities.

And we're too busy trying to feel Unracist to notice.

In fact, noticing their rampant dishonesty is almost considered criminal here.

You can lose your job for noticing their con job.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Absolutely no one cheats on standardized tests like the Indians and Chinese. They have formal government operations that exist solely to swindle American corporations and universities.

And we're too busy trying to feel Unracist to notice.

In fact, noticing their rampant dishonesty is almost considered criminal here.

You can lose your job for noticing their con job.
You ever taken college classes with those guys?

I'm sure there are plenty of dumb ones out there.
But the vast majority of the ones who are in our classes, have earned that.
Tiger parenting is real.

wilberforce15

You ever taken college classes with those guys?

I'm sure there are plenty of dumb ones out there.
But the vast majority of the ones who are in our classes, have earned that.
Tiger parenting is real.

Tiger parenting is real. Many are very good at the classroom element. I've been outnumbered 10 to 1 in classes with them.

They should be off making China great again. Or India. I heard those places could use some help.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Tiger parenting is real. Many are very good at the classroom element. I've been outnumbered 10 to 1 in classes with them.

They should be off making China great again. Or India. I heard those places could use some help.
So they earned it.
Not cheated for it.

Thanks for clearing that up.