Coronavirus

PT shopsteward

The company provides the uniforms.

Purchasing the socks, is (kind of) a requirement since the inception of shorts.

(which is loosely enforced)

"Effective May 1, 1994, short uniform trousers will be provided as an option for package and feeder drivers at no cost to the employee. Such shorts may only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the Employer."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

And I do mean "loosely enforced".

The company policy was "no tattoos".... but they changed that.

-Bug-
Big Union Guy what do you mean by the company policy WAS " no tattoos" but they changed that??? I am asking for a fellow employee that our HR and Management has be hassling about tattoos and it keeping him from going driving. Any guidance on this?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Big Union Guy what do you mean by the company policy WAS " no tattoos" but they changed that??? I am asking for a fellow employee that our HR and Management has be hassling about tattoos and it keeping him from going driving. Any guidance on this?

Does he have tattoos visible anywhere while wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants? Face, neck and hand tottoos can be concealed with some effort. If they are using tattoos as a reason to pass him over, then you would have to grieve it based on seniority to get the ball rolling. Company policy not covered by the contract isn't directly subject to grievance.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Big Union Guy what do you mean by the company policy WAS " no tattoos" but they changed that ?

The policy seems to be very relaxed. (amongst other ones)

There are multiple photos on various social media pages showing that.

I am asking for a fellow employee that our HR and Management has be hassling about tattoos and it keeping him from going driving. Any guidance on this?

Sure.

Have your friend perform their due diligence and file a grievance, with pictures

as evidence.... that it is a randomly enforced policy.

-Bug-

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Numbers indicate significantly increased deaths around the country starting in March and continuing up to the present day.
We successfully flattened the curve and kept our hospitals from becoming overwhelmed.

Despite communist china's deception about the KungFlu, we are winning.

I'm sorry that upsets you comrade.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We successfully flattened the curve and kept our hospitals from becoming overwhelmed.

Despite communist china's deception about the KungFlu, we are winning.

I'm sorry that upsets you comrade.
Unfortunately, by reserving hospital capacity for C-19 victims, hospitals are now becoming financially destitute and are forced to begin massive layoffs of medical staff.

So much for the pandemic crisis panic.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It kills both, healthy and high risk population, @Wally. The high number of asymptomatic cases is exactly why so many have died because many don't know they are infected while spreading it. Ttku......
Average age killed by this flu is 80. No need to shut anything down. High risk folk, isolation time.

Last edited:
102,197 dead Americans, 1.747+known infected. Yesterday had 1,535 dead. The state of Florida had 61 dead yesterday. A new high for the week. Texas is starting to hit its peak. Though it’s still a few days away.

oldngray

nowhere special
Untitled2.png

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)