Coronavirus

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yet my state is setting records almost everyday this week for number of infections and hospitalizations and intensive care. Our right wing governor refuses to do anything as long as we still have enough hospital beds left. Last Spring the daily infection rates were in the hundreds. This week they have been in the thousands. More deaths are sure to follow as we have the worse death to infection rate in the country.

How are those mask mandates working out for you?

vantexan

Yet my state is setting records almost everyday this week for number of infections and hospitalizations and intensive care. Our right wing governor refuses to do anything as long as we still have enough hospital beds left. Last Spring the daily infection rates were in the hundreds. This week they have been in the thousands. More deaths are sure to follow as we have the worse death to infection rate in the country.
You do realize the number of infections grow exponentially over time so of course we have more infections now than last Spring. The question is if the death rate is also growing exponentially. If it isn't, if it has slowed way down due to better treatments and the virus itself is mutating into a milder form, then the faster it runs its course through the population the better. The 1918 pandemic was much more virulent, much more deadly, yet it too eventually ran its course(and with no vaccines at that time).

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You do realize the number of infections grow exponentially over time so of course we have more infections now than last Spring. The question is if the death rate is also growing exponentially. If it isn't, if it has slowed way down due to better treatments and the virus itself is mutating into a milder form, then the faster it runs its course through the population the better. The 1918 pandemic was much more virulent, much more deadly, yet it too eventually ran its course(and with no vaccines at that time).

The most likely reason infections are increasing is because humidity tends to drop when temperatures drop.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My town's average daily incidence rate has risen to 13.1 per 100,000 residents.
{ our population is only 3500, so the state numbers are misleading }
Anything above eight per 100,000 nets a high-risk designation.
Under state guidelines my town will remain in its current phase of reopening unless it remains in the high-risk category for three consecutive weeks.

rickyb

how is sweden a success again? only NZ and australia should be looked to in the west as examples of success.
1604154679662.png

MAKAVELI

Banned
You do realize hospitalizations and deaths are on the rise just before we head into the colder months?