Coronavirus

rickyb

The fact that you think the Matrix, a fictional story, is a prime example of anything but decent cinema should be a wake up call about what your belief system is based on.

The things you regard as problems are actually features, not bugs.
actually what amazes me is how many ppl on the forum think they cant learn anything from fiction or that the fictional story is based on reality.

rickyb

The fact that you think the Matrix, a fictional story, is a prime example of anything but decent cinema should be a wake up call about what your belief system is based on.

The things you regard as problems are actually features, not bugs.
u guys dont analyze books or movies in school?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
u guys dont analyze books or movies in school?

There's a difference between something being an example and an allegory. A thing needs to actually exist in order to be an example. Which is why I find it appropriate that you think a work of fiction is something that actually happened, and that it somehow supports your views, while deriding others for not basing their beliefs on reality.

rickyb

There's a difference between something being an example and an allegory. A thing needs to actually exist in order to be an example. Which is why I find it appropriate that you think a work of fiction is something that actually happened, and that it somehow supports your views, while deriding others for not basing their beliefs on reality.
if u dont know anything then i can see how you would have no point of reference to compare the matrix to. otherwise its beyond me.

its based on politics, science, economics, philosophy, civilizations, religion in part.

the question is can we learn anything from it and what should we learn from it, not whether its real or fake. ditto for religion.

rickyb

Strawman. Your inability to understand someone else's argument does not effect its merit.
ur argument is ridiculous. you are supposed to analyze this stuff and learn from it. thats what we do in school. moby dick is another example. 1984 is another LOL. it doesnt have to be non fiction lol

rickyb

is it fake or real?

fake:
1608774481402.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Good luck on that ... a judge issued the search warrant.
She will need to move to a DemWit state to get a government job which is the most likely place her skills will be needed!
Smart girl ... just moved outside her level of authority.

The former Florida data analyst who has accused state officials of covering up the extent of the pandemic has filed a lawsuit alleging that police obtained a "sham" search warrant aimed at retaliating against her for being a whistleblower. Rebekah Jones alleges that Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) officials violated her First Amendment rights, deprived her of due process and unlawfully seized her computers, cell phone and storage media during a search of her house on December 7.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
if u dont know anything then i can see how you would have no point of reference to compare the matrix to. otherwise its beyond me.

its based on politics, science, economics, philosophy, civilizations, religion in part.

the question is can we learn anything from it and what should we learn from it, not whether its real or fake. ditto for religion.

The issue I had with what you said is that you talk about the matrix like it's reality. It's not real. It's not an example of anything but a story. What you take away from the movie is entirely up to you.

Everything you wrote in response to my original point has had nothing to do with that point. You are mischaracterizing what I said because you don't understand it.

rickyb

The issue I had with what you said is that you talk about the matrix like it's reality. It's not real. It's not an example of anything but a story. What you take away from the movie is entirely up to you.

Everything you wrote in response to my original point has had nothing to do with that point. You are mischaracterizing what I said because you don't understand it.
no what u take away from rich stories is what you already know or what you learn.

no im not.

rickyb

What argument? That the Matrix isn't real? It's because it's a movie. Keaneau Reeves isn't really Neo, or Mr. Anderson.
ur argument is ridiculous. you are supposed to analyze this stuff and learn from it. thats what we do in school. moby dick is another example. 1984 is another LOL. it doesnt have to be non fiction lol