Covid Vaccinations

Stat41

I am more libertarian in my views. If you want to get vaccinated and wear a mask, go ahead. In some instances it may be wise to do so. If you do not want to get vaccinated and wear a mask, go ahead. For instance, if I were at risk or concerned about getting Covid, I would get vaccinated to protect MYSELF from getting the disease. However, I do not think that I have the right to require others to change their lifestyle or behavior to protect me when there are, allegedly, good practical and medical means that I can utilize to protect myself.

Working4the1%

I am more libertarian in my views. If you want to get vaccinated and wear a mask, go ahead. In some instances it may be wise to do so. If you do not want to get vaccinated and wear a mask, go ahead. For instance, if I were at risk or concerned about getting Covid, I would get vaccinated to protect MYSELF from getting the disease. However, I do not think that I have the right to require others to change their lifestyle or behavior to protect me when there are, allegedly, good practical and medical means that I can utilize to protect myself.
That all goes out the window when approval from FDA becomes official. Then employees will have two options 1 quit 2 resign. No my body choice etc etc

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That all goes out the window when approval from FDA becomes official. Then employees will have two options 1 quit 2 resign. No my body choice etc etc
Have you followed what's going on with the FDA approval? Evidently, the control group receiving the placebo was informed, and given the choice to vaccinate or not. Only 2 declined the vaccine, invalidating the entire protocol the FDA uses for approval.

Your Iron Fisted hopes of forcing the vaccine on the conscientious objectors is in jeopardy.

Better crawl back in your hole in the ground. Just to be safe.

bacha29

You do realize that none of those statements would be persuasive to any of us right?

The vaccine doesn't save me money, won't save my health, comes with possible complications, and I have no chance of death anyway
As long as you are prepared to accept the full consequences ,all of them health, economic etc and do not burden the highly stressed healthcare system that's fine by me. The last thing it needs is another unvaccinated individual wracked with delta symptoms to come crawling into the ER pleading with the over worked staff to save your life.

wilberforce15

As long as you are prepared to accept the full consequences ,all of them health, economic etc and do not burden the highly stressed healthcare system that's fine by me. The last thing it needs is another unvaccinated individual wracked with delta symptoms to come crawling into the ER pleading with the over worked staff to save your life.
You desire to cut people off of medical acre if you think their own bad decisions got them there?

I won't have any problems. I'm just asking if you want to treat AIDS and lung cancer patients the same. Cut them off. They did it to themselves.

bacha29

I like how the virus suddenly becomes real when they focus on the Mexican border. All of their talking points are either fictional or facile. Their understanding of the world is that of a ten year child’s, yet they actually see themselves as the intelligent, capable ones. Dunning-Kruger Effect in action.
Sort of like Governor DeSantos and his defiant stand against Washington. When a reporter got on his case about the fact that 1 out of every 5 new Delta cases are breaking out in his state DeSantos desperate for an intelligent response (he had none) suddenly changes the subject to securing the Mexican border despite the fact that Florida and Mexico do not share a border.

wilberforce15

Sort of like Governor DeSantos and his defiant stand against Washington. When a reporter got on his case about the fact that 1 out of every 5 new Delta cases are breaking out in his state DeSantos desperate for an intelligent response (he had none) suddenly changes the subject to securing the Mexican border despite the fact that Florida and Mexico do not share a border.
Mexico shows that Dems don't care at all about Covid, so they're asking questions disingenuously. That's his point.

bacha29

You desire to cut people off of medical acre if you think their own bad decisions got them there?

I won't have any problems. I'm just asking if you want to treat AIDS and lung cancer patients the same. Cut them off. They did it to themselves.
As I've made completely clear on other threads hospitals cannot deny care on the basis of the individuals condition or ability to pay.
Now my question to you is this. If you chose to defy medical science by not getting the vaccine and contract Delta which according to qualified medical judgements is potentially more deadly than COVID 19 will you still seek out medical care for you infection and by doing so expect medical science to save your life?

wilberforce15

As I've made completely clear on other threads hospitals cannot deny care on the basis of the individuals condition or ability to pay.
Now my question to you is this. If you chose to defy medical science by not getting the vaccine and contract Delta which according to qualified medical judgements is potentially more deadly than COVID 19 will you still seek out medical care for you infection and by doing so expect medical science to save your life?
Yes, and that's completely consistent. Smokers seek care. Aids patients seek care.

If I were to have a problem, it would be the statistical equivalent of getting hit by lightning. I'm not remotely worried about it. But I would be entitled to care and I wouldn't be inconsistent.

I don't reject medical science. I think what they're doing now in this narrow area is bad science.