Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Days

I agree with you @PT Car Washer but I'm not very optimistic about the hybrid position. There's so many loaders that get screwed over by this contract and then maybe one person will get a full time job.

km3

$10/hr PT job to a $20 to $35/hr FT job.

Unfortunately that's all they'll see. In my building, all of the art 22.3 jobs go to drivers who want to come back inside. PTers never win these positions. @Tony Q said it will probably be the same for art 22.4.

So basically the PTers will get excited over all these new combo/hybrid positions, and they'll still end up going to existing FTers instead. That leaves PTers who want full time with only one option, go driving. The exact thing they don't want to do now.

Ugh...

PT Car Washer

I agree with you @PT Car Washer but I'm not very optimistic about the hybrid position. There's so many loaders that get screwed over by this contract and then maybe one person will get a full time job.
I believe the company will start off slow with hybrid drivers. Maybe 1 or 2 per Center. Just like the Art 22.3 preload/air drivers. Now we have 5 or 6 per Center and another 6 or 8 PT EAM and air exception drivers working everyday. They will all be replaced by hybrid drivers.

Gimme Danger

I think it will pass bc it give more part timers chances to go and drive and make a lot more then what they do. Plus i don’t know about everyone’s hub but the new hires we have are some of the most uninformed workers we have. Don’t think they even know what a union is or how it works.. you tell them you will make more money just vote yes and 98% of them will do it.

There are more driving jobs available here than there are part timers who want them. Hybrid jobs make it even less appealing.

Give it some time. When the details come out, make an educated decision. If you are basing your ideas off of a garbage UPS Rising web site or what you are reading on various forms of social media on the internet you aren't getting the whole story. Investigate, before you make a judgement.

Funny, the IBT site is UPS Rising, and I agree that it is garbage. Only after September 6, 2017 though. It showed promise before then.

rudy5150

Looks like a terrible agreement
20180623_190726.jpg

Days

New preloaders will make 13$ an hour. That's more than preloaders that have been with the company for 4 years. No catch up was released. Complete erase of progression 2013-2018.

On the year 2023 a new hire will make 15.50 and and a preloader of 9 years will make 17.10. 17.10-15.50=1.60 over 9 years or an average raise of 18 cents per year.

Preloaders under the contract from 2018-2023 will receive no raises based on their seniority.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
am new to ups so you made seniority does that mean you got qualified or hired in March
I am new upsers my hire date is in may 2018. But i still need to qualify however I am done all my training and backgrounds and dot and interview so will I be with all the current drivers or will I be in the new contract after August Because qualification will take to late August or September

Gumby

Is this true

Your seniority date is the first date you start to qualify as driver. Not when you are qualified

A member stated the seniority date is the first date you start to qualify
Reason I am asking
Management state that we r putting you inside for now because can’t train you on qualification yet
I am wondering if they are doing that because they are wait for the contract to pass and I would be on the new contract for new drivers

That may have been me. And yes, I probably neglected to preface my statement with "that's how it works here". I don't know if it's local or regional, but "here" the first day of training is your seniority date once you qualify. We don't have seasonal drivers outside of peak, so I don't know how that works. Your best bet is to talk to your steward and/or BA for answers that fit your situation.