DOC: JOE BIDEN IS NOT BRAIN DAMAGED

JJinVA

heres one example. i am born rich so i will inherit alot of wealth in terms of property simply because my parents bought a big house decades ago. but someone who moves to my town and earns a middle class wage will never be able to make up for the fact that the cost of housing is way out of wack with wages. so theres a lack of economic mobility with this example.

True. But due to the inherent nature of someone who is given wealth versus earning wealth, they will ALWAYS lose that wealth. They have nothing invested in it. It isnt their own accomplishment. Ive seen it too many times to believe otherwise. Just like the people who win the lottery and have MILLIONS of dollars handed to them, and then are broke in a few years. Not everyone who has wealth has the ability to manage it.

The sages of old used to say, "Invest in knowledge. You have to look after wealth, but knowledge looks after you."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
True. But due to the inherent nature of someone who is given wealth versus earning wealth, they will ALWAYS lose that wealth. They have nothing invested in it. It isnt their own accomplishment. Ive seen it too many times to believe otherwise. Just like the people who win the lottery and have MILLIONS of dollars handed to them, and then are broke in a few years. Not everyone who has wealth has the ability to manage it.

The sages of old used to say, "Invest in knowledge. You have to look after wealth, but knowledge looks after you."
The 3rd generation almost always loses the wealth.

Mom and dad worked for it. Kids saw that hard work before the big success. Grandkids have lived the Cush life from the get go and blow it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's called having skin in the game.

rickyb

I mean you have to bring more than just hard work to the table. Roofers are some of the hardest workers I know but they’re usually dumb as :censored2: and have a problems with drugs or alcohol.
stocking shelves is even hard work doesnt mean youre going to succeed. theres all kinds of reasons why people dont succeed, but we get duped by these over simplifications like "hard work".

rickyb

Do yourself a favor-----get off of Twitter and start thinking for yourself. Form your own opinions based upon your own life experiences and education.
dude you need to read more news from quality journalists. youre gonna learn less taking the dog for a walk, or talking to a bunch of maroon coworkers, then you will reading good journalists on the net.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
stocking shelves is even hard work doesnt mean youre going to succeed. theres all kinds of reasons why people dont succeed, but we get duped by these over simplifications like "hard work".
It’s an ingredient for the recipe of success. Does it make it automatic no but without it you’re a hell of a lot less likely than with it.

JJinVA

I do agree that your concept of wealth is pessimistic. How much wealth is "wealth"? To me, if I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach, I'm wealthy. I dont have to have a REALLLLLLLY big roof over my head and a $500 sandwich in my stomach inorder for me to be wealthy. Especially with us as UPSers, we make a doctors wage at a truck drivers skillset. We really shouldnt have much to complain about but yet ppl always have something more to ask for. Its the insatiability that drives ppl into poverty when EVERYTHING still isnt enough. When whatever you have is enough, and youre just grateful for that, "stuff" tends to come your way more for some reason. In my experience anyways

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

dude you need to read more news from quality journalists. youre gonna learn less taking the dog for a walk, or talking to a bunch of maroon coworkers, then you will reading good journalists on the net.

So you prefer to have your opinions spoon fed to you in easily digestible bits?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

theres links on twitter FYI ;)

Ricky Bobby-----I would learn more reading Highlights than I would interacting with you.

shopping

rickyb

I do agree that your concept of wealth is pessimistic. How much wealth is "wealth"? To me, if I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach, I'm wealthy. I dont have to have a REALLLLLLLY big roof over my head and a $500 sandwich in my stomach inorder for me to be wealthy. Especially with us as UPSers, we make a doctors wage at a truck drivers skillset. We really shouldnt have much to complain about but yet ppl always have something more to ask for. Its the insatiability that drives ppl into poverty when EVERYTHING still isnt enough. When whatever you have is enough, and youre just grateful for that, "stuff" tends to come your way more for some reason. In my experience anyways
yea i think we should ask for justice but not expect to win. sometimes its good to lower expectations, sometimes its bad. governments try and get citizens to lower thier expectations all the time. they dont actually say "lower your expectations" but thats what it works out to.

but anyways yea thats my point is a condo around here 30 minutes from downtown is probably a cool $500,000 or so. so if people want to complain about high housing prices thats very much justified. and who gains from over priced housing? probably banks, corporations, govt. its inflation.