dow 24000

Box Ox

Shutting down sports leagues and other large gatherings is going to have an economic impact. Oil price wars won’t help. There are problems beyond the idiot in the White House.

I just meant fine relative to where it could be otherwise. Consumer spending comprises 70-75% of US GDP so impacts beyond Trump’s control are of course inevitable.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Futures are already down another 2600 points.
VIX was at 80 earlier this week and is at 25 today.
NYSE has a record day for increase in the Market.
Friends of @Jones need to call him up and support him in his grief at this news!

DOW UPWARD is 1 day record March 13 2020.PNG

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just reality. Widespread test distribution is still a couple weeks out as one of the CEOs verbalized at the press conference today. We’re still better off than we were before the press conference due to the real talk.
I think the fear factor has already been baked into the market.
Buying today was concentrated in companies with strong fundamentals and hard hit by the crazy fear-based selling.
Long term investors sitting on money are buying dirt cheap stocks and also companies are buying up their own stock.

newfie

I moved about 70 percent of my reserves into the market this morning . thrilled to see that market move this afternoon.
i dont know if the market has bottomed out for sure but I think the bad news has possibly bottomed out.
Trump has now called this about everything he can call it with the national state of emergency.
In the process it sounds like he will release another 50 billion dollars of spending.
about everything that can be shut down now has been shut down
Trump hinted that some travel restrictions are being reviewed for release and some to be removed.
Fed meets next week and drops the interest rate next week.
the strong economy we have plus the extra jet fuel should really help .

Re-Raise

I moved about 70 percent of my reserves into the market this morning . thrilled to see that market move this afternoon.
i dont know if the market has bottomed out for sure but I think the bad news has possibly bottomed out.
Trump has now called this about everything he can call it with the national state of emergency.
In the process it sounds like he will release another 50 billion dollars of spending.
Trump hinted that some travel restrictions are being reviewed for release and some to be removed.
What did you buy Nostradumbass?

Any individual stocks you would like to name.. or will you tell us later?

BrownArmy

Sure.

After that?

Negative interest rates?

The Fed can't really deal with this, Congress needs to step in with legislation.

Orange man is in over his head

newfie

Sure.

After that?

Negative interest rates?

The Fed can't really deal with this, Congress needs to step in with legislation.

Orange man is in over his head

Yea thats what your liberal stock market guru's said the when the market was at 17 . thats why conservatives make money and liberals beg for welfare

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sure.

After that?

Negative interest rates?

They'll inject liquidity, just like they did last time. Obama's stimulus did not work, QE did....but of course you will support politicians using the Wuhan Virus to push their political agenda.

Quantitative easing is the fed's new toy, Pandora's box is open, and we'll just have to see how the experiment plays out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
TDS kicking in?

This week's Conservitard lie is that "I'M BUYING!!". Sure, you are. Unless you are Warren Buffet, your "buying" is limited to whatever your 401k contribution was this week. Almost nobody has the ability to go out and buy 10.000 shares of Company X.

The truth is that we are now in a recession, which is only going to get deeper as this continues. The multiplier effect of a huge downturn in consumer spending is going to ripple throughout the economy and deepen the spiral. There will be no quick bounce-back.

Let me explain. That $74,000 Ford F250 that Cletus in Texas was going to buy is going to sit there because Cletus is going to lose his job at the fracking company as oil demand goes way down and fracking becomes uneconomical. He might not make next month's trailer or house payment and now that vacation to Hawaii is on hold. Or maybe Cletus already bought the F250, and has those $700 per month payments, which he can't make because he lost his job. It goes to the repo lot and sits, or goes for way less because now nobody is buying new pickups.

The trail just gets longer, but you don't get it, nor will you ever get it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yea thats what your liberal stock market guru's said the when the market was at 17 . thats why conservatives make money and liberals beg for welfare

The spike in Covid-19 cases has not hit yet because the people unknowingly spreading the virus (like Trump) are just starting to modify their behavior. It takes a few weeks to become ill and show symptoms.

Tell us what you bought, tie, and how much? You're anonymous.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think the fear factor has already been baked into the market.
Buying today was concentrated in companies with strong fundamentals and hard hit by the crazy fear-based selling.
Long term investors sitting on money are buying dirt cheap stocks and also companies are buying up their own stock.

I'm getting emails and texts all day long from any and every company I have ever done business with, assuring me they are open and that they have a strict Covid-19 protocol. Reading between the lines, that means nobody is coming in to buy stuff, eat, or fly.

The streets where I live are empty. Usually full. All of the restaurants are empty.

newfie

I'm getting emails and texts all day long from any and every company I have ever done business with, assuring me they are open and that they have a strict Covid-19 protocol. Reading between the lines, that means nobody is coming in to buy stuff, eat, or fly.

The streets where I live are empty. Usually full. All of the restaurants are empty.

that's become a standard notice. I'm also getting them from online sources that I'm sure are not transmitting C-19 via the internet.

I almost ran out of toilet paper , I didn't care how much the two packs I found cost. stores shelves are empty . guess who might bounce back the next quarter .

retailers? Bulk sellers like the Costco's and sam's

who knows my money went back into blue chips and large caps . I even thought about buying some fdx but they would have to lay you off first