dow 24000

bacha29

I'm 'sheltering in place' in my basement.
I only leave to go outside on my 8 acre compound (House, poolhouse, creek and garage).
I spray all packages coming in via FedEx, USPS and UPS.
I may die but not without adhering to the precautions of scientists and doctors.
Eight acres huh? Man, that's got to be a pretty long walk out to the outhouse. Can you hold it til then? With the shortage of toilet paper I bet the pages left in your Sears and Roebuck catalog have to be getting fewer in number.

newfie

I guess they shouldn’t even call them market gains or losses then you genius!

ONE MORE TIME SLOWLY FOR YOU...
IF THE VALUE DROPS..THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT IT EVER GOES BACK UP!!!

and best of all there is no guarantee that I'll ever sell it for a loss numbnuts

It will be fine

and best of all there is no guarantee that I'll ever sell it for a loss numbnuts
FC5742C0-8F2C-4B25-B25D-3D36A61B4D8D.jpeg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
At least concede that people can not “cash out” as much in their equity accounts today as they could have “cashed out” a couple of months ago!!

Never mind, if you don’t care that is awesome for you!

All is well
If a person was to cash out today, it would be less than a month ago ... most likely.
Certainly in my case ... except, I would not be cashing out anything today that I had in equities a month ago.
Alternately, they could have executed some 'puts' and then they would be ahead of a month ago.

Re-Raise

If a person was to cash out today, it would be less than a month ago ... most likely.

“most likely” LOL

Stick values have dropped 30% and counting and you guys try to act like it doesn’t matter.

It will probably go back up at some point in the future, but everyone that is heavily invested just LOST years worth of returns.

bacha29

“most likely” LOL

Stick values have dropped 30% and counting and you guys try to act like it doesn’t matter.

It will probably go back up at some point in the future, but everyone that is heavily invested just LOST years worth of returns.
Don't be surprised if the PBGC gets a lot more insolvent pension plans dumped into it. Just like the airlines and other plans did to it in 2008. Worst of all it only pays about 60% of the original plan's monthly benefit.

Re-Raise

Why don’t you just sell your stocks and quit worrying about it?
I am not worried. I haven’t had a car payment or mortgage for over 15 yrs. I am just not buying anything on the way down.

I can retire with a Teamster pension today. As long as it lasts

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
heard this morning that China has NO new cases of CV. they have ramped up all their factories to 100 %. They are buying up stock all over the world and are buying gold.

when the US stock market comes back CHINA will come out on top of the world and own the US of A. A tremendous coup.

buy buy buy

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
“most likely” LOL

And those people who are worried about it are 'rookie' investors ... I've got more invested in stocks than most people have and I'm not freaking out.
That's the nature of the market.
Markets go up and markets go down but over any 12 year period, stocks are always an investors best investment vehicle.
Sometimes they go way up (since Nov 2016) and sometimes they go way down* (winter and spring 2020).

As I am 65 and diabetic ... I am many more times worried about the COVID-19 virus than I am the NYSE or NASDAQ.

Re-Raise

heard this morning that China has NO new cases of CV. they have ramped up all their factories to 100 %. They are buying up stock all over the world and are buying gold.

when the US stock market comes back CHINA will come out on top of the world and own the US of A. A tremendous coup.

buy buy buy
I rest my case