dow 24000

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
If a person was to cash out today, it would be less than a month ago ... most likely.
Certainly in my case ... except, I would not be cashing out anything today that I had in equities a month ago.

Alternately, they could have executed some 'puts' and then they would be ahead of a month ago.
“most likely” LOL
There are some 'gamblers' that have executed some 'puts' within their IRA and 401k.
They are actually ahead of where they were a month ago.
That's too risky for me although I have done it many times in the past when 'risk' was also a 'reward' and I could recover from the risk.
I am 65 and 7 years into my retirement and the current 1000 Monte-Carlo run models support me at a 98.7% probability of living until 87 and leaving 2 million to my daughter and grandson.

oldngray

nowhere special
There are some 'gamblers' that have executed some 'puts' within their IRA and 401k.
They are actually ahead of where they were a month ago.
That's too risky for me although I have done it many times in the past when 'risk' was also a 'reward' and I could recover from the risk.
I am 65 and 7 years into my retirement and the current 1000 Monte-Carlo run models support me at a 98.7% probability of living until 87 and leaving 2 million to my daughter and grandson.

I don't believe anyone should play games like that with retirement accounts. Risks aren't worth it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
MSN has a story about billionaires are buying buying buying. last week we started buying in a global market index fund thru Vanguard funds. been adding to it daily. yes it has been going up and down , mainly down but overall itis down about 30 or more %.

but when it comes back up and it will we will be doing great. it is a gamble but worth taking. it is only about 1 % of our portfolio.

Up In Smoke

Good luck brother
I don't believe anyone should play games like that with retirement accounts. Risks aren't worth it.
The only true risk is always buying one side of a stock or sector. Diversifying is not only buying stocks, bonds, commodities and treasuries. To be truly diversified, one should have positions in place to protect against major "losses" of value.

MSN has a story about billionaires are buying buying buying. last week we started buying in a global market index fund thru Vanguard funds. been adding to it daily. yes it has been going up and down , mainly down but overall itis down about 30 or more %.

but when it comes back up and it will we will be doing great. it is a gamble but worth taking. it is only about 1 % of our portfolio.
My money is on Berkshire Hathaway,Asia
And a longer then bet oil

Still thinking about Boeing.

The only true risk is always buying one side of a stock or sector. Diversifying is not only buying stocks, bonds, commodities and treasuries. To be truly diversified, one should have positions in place to protect against major "losses" of value.
For now treasuries are out of the picture, the yields aren't worth it.
The best tip I can give you is not to have any debt. I don't have to worry about selling anything in a down market to pay off debt in times like these.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Buffett has been buying more Delta airline stock. Maybe he knows they will get a bail out.

We are also considering getting more real estate if that tanks again.

Up In Smoke

Tomorrow should be a thrill ride with the option markets expiring tomorrow. The trade volume will be through the roof. Most of the action should take place in the last hour or so of trading.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
18k will be near the bottom. Not worth missing the rebound by getting too greedy.
upload_2020-3-20_18-11-53.png