dow 24000

BrownArmy

We'll just have to agree to disagree about your incorrect opinion.

Pretty much the definition of agreeing to disagree...agreed.

Get back to me in three weeks.

American Individualism, in an apparent irony, is a barrier to a sane public health policy.

Japan shut it down, S. Korea shut it down...but those are cultures that are wired to subordinate to Authority.

Meanwhile in America, we argue about nonsense, and the virus spreads.

sleep tight

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

American Individualism, in an apparent irony, is a barrier to a sane public health policy.

Japan shut it down, S. Korea shut it down...but those are cultures that are wired to subordinate to Authority.

sleep tight
My understanding is that Asian culture is more collective in nature.
The individual is not as important as the collective or community ... opposite of the spirit of America.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My understanding is that Asian culture is more collective in nature.
The individual is not as important as the collective or community ... opposite of the spirit of America.
Yeah as much as individualism and all that spirit is good (it is) , selfish and self-serving culture, knowing nothing else has a price.
Also I think "Asian culture" is a little generalized heh..49 countries, 5 states, 60% world pop

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
sorry no. i saw an opportunity to buy back in and took it. we are in for the long haul. don't want to get into that trap of trying to time the market .

opportunities like this don't come along often. timing the market is more like gambling. it's all a gamble but we are comfortable taking this risk.

what we have used to buy back in is not much overall of our total portfolio. sure we lost some money on paper buying on the way down but I keep pointing out the theory of dollar cost averaging.if the market goes back up to 30k which we believe it will someday ( dont know when ) we will make out well.

it took us a long time to be well off. it was not overnight . it took discipline , knowledge , and common sense.

I always recommend certain books to my grown children. Books from Dave Ramsey , Andrew Tobias , John Bogle ( who started Vanguard Funds and Index funds ) , Benjamin Graham ( oneof Warren Buffetts mentors ) the Greatest Salesman in the World books , and many others. These are the main ones .

I was just being facetious when I said I was so confused.
Pretty certain Wall Street Wally is no financial guru.

newfie

sleep tight

not individualism but a constitutionally mandated process of balancing the rights of the feds versus the rights of the state.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I would say, "... knowing everything has a price."
Probably just semantics but that struck me as not quite right.
8c4c50fe0458b79e9c654235dfbc59de.gif

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
As part of a representative republic, they did.
I believe most of the abrogated responsibilities and authorities has been Congressional based.
States sue the US National government all the time when the US National Executive branch exceeds powers limited by the Tenth Amendment.
The States are no longer represented in the US National government with the passing of the 17th Amendment in 1913.

Seventeenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The Seventeenth Amendment (Amendment XVII) to the United States Constitution established the popular election of United States senators by the people of the states. The amendment supersedes Article I, §3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures. It also alters the procedure for filling vacancies in the Senate, allowing for state legislatures to permit their governors to make temporary appointments until a special election can be held.

The amendment was proposed by the 62nd Congress in 1912 and became part of the Constitution on April 8, 1913 on ratification by three-fourths (36) of the state legislatures.

oldngray

nowhere special
I believe most of the abrogated responsibilities and authorities has been Congressional based.
States sue the US National government all the time when the US National Executive branch exceeds powers limited by the Tenth Amendment.
The States are no longer represented in the US National government with the passing of the 17th Amendment in 1913.

Seventeenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The Seventeenth Amendment (Amendment XVII) to the United States Constitution established the popular election of United States senators by the people of the states. The amendment supersedes Article I, §3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures. It also alters the procedure for filling vacancies in the Senate, allowing for state legislatures to permit their governors to make temporary appointments until a special election can be held.

The amendment was proposed by the 62nd Congress in 1912 and became part of the Constitution on April 8, 1913 on ratification by three-fourths (36) of the state legislatures.

There are still state's rights. They didn't cede all power to the federal government.