DOW 30000

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And who's advice did they work off of? You got it! The Chairman Of The Federal Reserve Board who at the time just so happened to be the nation's foremost authority on the Great Depression.
Lol, okay?
Is your new found obsession with the power of the ivory tower some sort of coping mechanism preparing for a possible Trump reelection?

Take a deep breath fren.

vantexan

Again no one held a gun to his head to sign it. A leader would have vetoed if it was a bad bill. Trump liked it and signed. His bill.
Then I guess it was a good bill. And could be the votes were there to override his veto. The country was hurting and needed the money. You think that was the time to be stingy?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"The letter is signed by the following economists: George Akerlof, Peter Diamond, Oliver Hart, Eric Maskin, Daniel McFadden, Roger Myerson, William Nordhaus, Edmund Phelps, Paul Romer, Robert Solow, Michael Spence, Joseph Stiglitz and Richard Thaler."

A bunch of Democrats, federal reserve hacks, and marxists, don't like President Trump.....
Oh well gee, now I'm convinced raising everyone's taxes is great!

Kingofthenorth

"The letter is signed by the following economists: George Akerlof, Peter Diamond, Oliver Hart, Eric Maskin, Daniel McFadden, Roger Myerson, William Nordhaus, Edmund Phelps, Paul Romer, Robert Solow, Michael Spence, Joseph Stiglitz and Richard Thaler."

A bunch of Democrats, federal reserve hacks, and marxists, don't like President Trump.....
Oh well gee, now I'm convinced raising everyone's taxes is great!

Everyone who disagrees with Trump is a Marxist, which just so happens to be the vast majority of experts regardless of political affiliation. Got it!

Box Ox

Dow up 400 points because America has elected a new President.

Stocks zoom higher as Wall Street predicts Joe Biden will win

"Although stocks typically favor Republican policies, investors are eager for more fiscal stimulus, that will buoy an economy headed south once again as coronavirus cases soar. Investors predict a "blue wave" would lift the chances of a comprehensive stimulus deal getting passed in the winter.

A Biden win would also likely mean less news and headline risk for stocks in the term to come, investors believe."

vantexan

"Although stocks typically favor Republican policies, investors are eager for more fiscal stimulus, that will buoy an economy headed south once again as coronavirus cases soar. Investors predict a "blue wave" would lift the chances of a comprehensive stimulus deal getting passed in the winter.

A Biden win would also likely mean less news and headline risk for stocks in the term to come, investors believe."
CNN, LOL!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Everyone who disagrees with Trump is a Marxist, which just so happens to be the vast majority of experts regardless of political affiliation. Got it!
Everyone? Stop being a drama queen.

I actually looked at the list of people, they are democrats, Trump haters, and yes, some are marxists. The idea that economists don't hold political views is stupidity.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

CNN Business, LOL!
FOX Business was saying similar predictions.
One in particular was Charlie Gasparino, who not a fan of Trump, likes Trump's policies and has a long standing as a Conservative.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
About the same in mine ... I timed in and out of the market which is normally a loser move but it's worked well this year.
I'm up 21% so far in 2020 but I'm sitting about 60% in cash (Fed Sec) at the moment.
I may get back in with 50% that's in Fed Securities on November 4th.
I've been lucky so far this year and I believe in staying in the market.
Let this be a lesson for others at my expense ...

I've had 60% of my Stock Market investments sitting on the sidelines since early September and here I am today ...
... and the DOW is almost exactly where it was when I got out.​
LOL