DOW 30000

Up In Smoke

Looking like a good move at this point.
DOW was ~28,400 when I made my move into a Fed Monetary fund ... 26,500 today.
It will go lower if Biden wins.
If Biden wins, there will be a massive stimulus bill, probably north of 2 trillion that will give the market a (sugar) boost. Gains will be substantial but short lived until budget talks.

If Biden wins, there will be a massive stimulus bill, probably north of 2 trillion that will give the market a (sugar) boost. Gains will be substantial but short lived until budget talks.
A massive stimulus bill of $2.2 trillion like Trump signed into law? He was so proud he mailed letters! Trump obviously gave the market a sugar boost. Trumps gains were short-lived.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It depends on what happens in the Congress and Senate.
If DemWits win both houses then you are correct.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
in the last 4 years our portfolio grew by about 70% and we are conservative investors being retired.
About the same in mine ... I timed in and out of the market which is normally a loser move but it's worked well this year.
I'm up 21% so far in 2020 but I'm sitting about 60% in cash (Fed Sec) at the moment.
I may get back in with 50% that's in Fed Securities on November 4th.
I've been lucky so far this year and I believe in staying in the market.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
About the same in mine ... I timed in and out of the market which is normally a loser move but it's worked well this year.
I'm up 21% so far in 2020 but I'm sitting about 60% in cash (Fed Sec) at the moment.
I may get back in with 50% that's in Fed Securities on November 4th.
I've been lucky so far this year and I believe in staying in the market.
we have everything on autopilot. been lucky havent had to touch the 401k or IRA's since retiring.
also our real estate holdings have skyrocketed in the last couple years.( Lake Tahoe ) .probably unsustainable but people are fleeing the cities to live here ( covid ) and many IT companies let employees work from home.

Vanguard has very good low cost Index funds. Just checking the other day when we moved the 20K , this year we are up about 15% all across the Vanguard funds. Some much higher than others of course. Real Estate was much higher and contains about 25 % of our portfolio. A little high for me but in for the longhaul.

Kids are getting it all anyways so we don't care what happens to it. Our properties are all paid off. The only concern is if they recall Prop 13 in California. Plus . due to all the wildfires, people all around here are being dropped by the insurance companies.