DOW 30000

Up In Smoke

Cost average investing (buy and hold) into the Nasdaq instead of the S&P would have netted you 34% return over the same period.

oldngray

nowhere special
How much is a self-managed account charge? I used to have one years ago but the fees was expensive for trading stocks
I tried the self managed account when they first started and it was definitely more expensive than just leaving it in one of the funds. I don't remember how much they charged but you were forced to use just one higher cost broker.

Up In Smoke

How much is a self-managed account charge? I used to have one years ago but the fees was expensive for trading stocks
Most trades are just a few bucks, so today I had a couple stocks sell when they hit my stop/loss (Apple, Tesla and Nvidia) price. So for less than $20.00 I saved $3-4 grand in loses. Now I will set a buy order for those same stocks at a lower share price. I usually set my sale/buy orders at 5-7% increments. I also like to buy options that are in the money when stocks move more than 12-15%. I never catch the bottom or the top, but I can make a nice return in a choppy market. Because I have long positions of UPS through payroll deduction, I trade them 2-3 times a week and usually to the short. I would say I bought and sold UPS 50 plus times this year.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Very nice, too bad 98% of that gain was from 9/1/19-3/1/20 and the last 6 months have been a push. Stop loss trades and options could have doubled that return.
Cost average investing (buy and hold) into the Nasdaq instead of the S&P would have netted you 34% return over the same period.

Most trades are just a few bucks, so today I had a couple stocks sell when they hit my stop/loss (Apple, Tesla and Nvidia) price. So for less than $20.00 I saved $3-4 grand in loses. Now I will set a buy order for those same stocks at a lower share price. I usually set my sale/buy orders at 5-7% increments. I also like to buy options that are in the money when stocks move more than 12-15%. I never catch the bottom or the top, but I can make a nice return in a choppy market. Because I have long positions of UPS through payroll deduction, I trade them 2-3 times a week and usually to the short. I would say I bought and sold UPS 50 plus times this year.
Cool story bro.