Driving with a disability?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just what the center needs, someone will call out 3-4 days a month. We got some female drivers that do than now. Others pay the price.
I noticed men who called off more than women. But then there were usually just 2 women.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I missed like 13 days in 32 yrs, so hes not talking about me. for sickness. I missed some when I got in an accident, but that doesnt count. An accident outside of UPS.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not how it works here. A route with 170-200 stops isn't getting chopped up an hour before start time. They will either borrow a driver from another center/building, use a air driver or any preloader with a DOT card or have a ORS run the route.
Air drivers are harder to find than unicorns nowadays. And unfortunately I cannot flash my DOT card to deliver x route on y day. They also staunchly refuse to take in driver helpers despite getting 2 weeks outside of peak to use them now. That leaves the ORS to be grieved.

pkgdriver

Not how it works here. A route with 170-200 stops isn't getting chopped up an hour before start time. They will either borrow a driver from another center/building, use a air driver or any preloader with a DOT card or have a ORS run the route.
No center/building for us to borrow from. No more air drivers/all cover drivers(preloaders) being used. ORS running a route. Routes then get cut and put everywhere else. Then in afternoon you get the can you help on Saturday message. Has happened almost 10 days in my center this year. We have had more than normal on FMLA, Injured reserve(comp/disability) plus the option days/call ins. Have 3 preloaders going to school/intergrad in the next few weeks. One will be my preloader the last year or so. Best ive had in 30+ years.

542thruNthru

No center/building for us to borrow from. No more air drivers/all cover drivers(preloaders) being used. ORS running a route. Routes then get cut and put everywhere else. Then in afternoon you get the can you help on Saturday message. Has happened almost 10 days in my center this year. We have had more than normal on FMLA, Injured reserve(comp/disability) plus the option days/call ins. Have 3 preloaders going to school/intergrad in the next few weeks. One will be my preloader the last year or so. Best ive had in 30+ years.
Your center is a disaster. I'm so glad it's not that bad here.

542thruNthru

Its not in California so its not so bad.😀
IMG_1871.GIF