Favorite You Tube Channels?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Mustie1,
Nostalgia,
1963 bug at 15yrs old first car. 1965 VW van, 1968 bug that I put oversized jugs in and a 2 barrel carb. 1971 fuel injected station wagon VW. 1972 Super beetle racing cams, jugs, duel point ignition, Holly carb. That girl could scream.
The 68 and 72 were our daily drivers until 1984.
I was a poor mans car, easy to rebuild, but it would get you there.
I like mustie1 also but wish his videos werent so long. Like donyboy73.
have had 3 bugs. 65 in high school , 69 in college, 73 up until 3 years ago. regret selling each one.

satellitedriver

I like mustie1 also but wish his videos werent so long. Like donyboy73.
have had 3 bugs. 65 in high school , 69 in college, 73 up until 3 years ago. regret selling each one.
I enjoy his teaching method of diagnostic skills that I learned the hard way a long time ago.
He is a true mentor to those that have no experience and wish to learn.
The length of the videos is the key to his success, by taking the viewer through the process.
Being the smart ass that I am, I will talk out loud to my computer and tell him the PTO switch is cutting off power to the carb shut off,
ect...
I have 2 commercial grade ZTR mowers and a tractor that I do all the maintenance on.
60% of all physical maintenance of our vehicles, but too damn many computers on board for me to invest in a $5000.00 Scan tool.
I miss the simplicity of my VW's and my 1965 pickup truck.

tourists24

I'm thru hiking the App Trail next year so I've been following several thru hikers on there. KK OnTrail, Nahamsha, Dixie, Tex, Quicksand.....

tourists24

That's the left coasters on the Pacific crest trail
The Appalachian Trail has that rep too, but in actuality there have only been 13 murders on the trail since 1974. Pretty good numbers considering the trail is 2200 miles long and has thousands and thousands of people using it each year

satellitedriver

I'm thru hiking the App Trail next year so I've been following several thru hikers on there. KK OnTrail, Nahamsha, Dixie, Tex, Quicksand.....
Try hiking solo in the Grand Canyon in August.
Hermits Trail to Bright Angel trail in 122 degree heat.
Many people have died on that trail, without the aid of a serial killer.
The environment is the threat.
It is a beautiful hike/camping experience for the able bodied prepared hiker.
Back in 1972, Hermits Trail was an unmaintained trail by the park service and in the interview process the Rangers told me I was going at my own risk.
Unmaintained meant exactly that.
If I died on the trail it will be my own fault and I had to sign a waver of release of responsibility.
Now it is a maintained trail and the deaths from heat stroke, dehydration ect... still continue.
All that being said, for a prepared person it is physical/spiritual experience that will last you a life time.
Damned near killed me at the age of 19.
50yrs later, I still cherish the beauty and the lesson of how small I am in the scheme of this universe.

tourists24

Try hiking solo in the Grand Canyon in August.
Hermits Trail to Bright Angel trail in 122 degree heat.
Many people have died on that trail, without the aid of a serial killer.
The environment is the threat.
It is a beautiful hike/camping experience for the able bodied prepared hiker.
Back in 1972, Hermits Trail was an unmaintained trail by the park service and in the interview process the Rangers told me I was going at my own risk.
Unmaintained meant exactly that.
If I died on the trail it will be my own fault and I had to sign a waver of release of responsibility.
Now it is a maintained trail and the deaths from heat stroke, dehydration ect... still continue.
All that being said, for a prepared person it is physical/spiritual experience that will last you a life time.
Damned near killed me at the age of 19.
50yrs later, I still cherish the beauty and the lesson of how small I am in the scheme of this universe.
Whoa. Good to see you on here again. It’s been a while. Unreal story. I hope I get the cherished memory too. My retirement gift to myself