FedEx Ground

bacha29

Well, yeah. Need to burn the stupidity of irrational acts into his short and long term memory.

And it’s fun.
I heard that the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy has it's own mobile lab complete with it's own electroshock and waterboarding systems. to treat people who are in their view mentally out of alignment. How did that work out for you in the past?

bbsam

Staff member
I heard that the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy has it's own mobile lab complete with it's own electroshock and waterboarding systems. to treat people who are in their view mentally out of alignment. How did that work out for you in the past?
You’ve heard a lot of things. He’s free to keep his opinions. He’s not free to walk off the job and expect to be hired back. Nor is he free to collect unemployment benefits. Perhaps he’ll be more at peace staying home. I don’t know. I don’t make decisions for other people.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Believe me , there's a lot about Ground you are either confused about refuse to accept or so shocked by it that you can't believe it.

The only thing I'm confused about is how you have been associated with Ground ever since it was launched yet you still manage to be so clueless about it. When I need clarification about Ground issues, there are active successful contractors here who are graciously willing to provide it.

Perhaps you should make use of their knowledge.

XEQaF

Lol. No. About 100 stops an 180 miles. Admittedly I was a busier route than most yesterday but he worked 4 hours Wednesday because he had a doctors appointment for his son and was off Thursday because he didn’t have childcare. I didn’t think a slightly longer day was out of bounds.

My 190 stop routes run about 50 miles and are highly residential areas.

He probably just had a lot going on and felt overwhelmed by life. If he's been a generally good guy to you then just sit and talk to him let him know you hear his concerns. It's tough out there especially now trying to juggle life for some people. Invite him to come back Monday if he wants.

XEQaF

The only thing I'm confused about is how you have been associated with Ground ever since it was launched yet you still manage to be so clueless about it. When I need clarification about Ground issues, there are active successful contractors here who are graciously willing to provide it.

Perhaps you should make use of their knowledge.
I'm confused what you are doing here all together. These are usually pretty informative exchanges between present and past contractors. It's good to know both sides not just from guys who landed a lucrative contract. So I just don't know what kind of dog you have in this.... that's the definition of confusion

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm confused what you are doing here all together. These are usually pretty informative exchanges between present and past contractors. It's good to know both sides not just from guys who landed a lucrative contract.

So I just don't know what kind of dog you have in this.... that's the definition of confusion

I like watching bacha and those like him throw fling poo while others are making reasonable points. That's what I'm doing here.

bacha29

You’ve heard a lot of things. He’s free to keep his opinions. He’s not free to walk off the job and expect to be hired back. Nor is he free to collect unemployment benefits. Perhaps he’ll be more at peace staying home. I don’t know. I don’t make decisions for other people.
When it comes to the people who are out there everyday serving and interacting with the public in what is and will continue to become an ever more dangerous environment they should be perceived as professionals, perform as professionals, project themselves as professionals and be paid as professionals.

However if they are for one reason or another not being paid as professionals then invariably that employer has to be willing accept a far less productive, far more lethargic and disinterested individual.

The hard labor, inhumane long hours, increasingly hostile work environment in and of itself is bad enough but when you add in low pay into the equation the overall sense of hopelessness will wear on even the most upbeat and productive people to the point when even they don't care anymore.

Seeing that I couldn't provide the square deal my drivers would be deserving of in order to inspire them to take an interest in what they were doing and take governance over that route I decided not to even bother trying. And when I look at the job boards ad from desperate contractors still offering the same money as that which was offered upwards of a decade ago I do not regret my decision.

bbsam

Staff member
When it comes to the people who are out there everyday serving and interacting with the public in what is and will continue to become an ever more dangerous environment they should be perceived as professionals, perform as professionals, project themselves as professionals and be paid as professionals.

However if they are for one reason or another not being paid as professionals then invariably that employer has to be willing accept a far less productive, far more lethargic and disinterested individual.

The hard labor, inhumane long hours, increasingly hostile work environment in and of itself is bad enough but when you add in low pay into the equation the overall sense of hopelessness will wear on even the most upbeat and productive people to the point when even they don't care anymore.

Seeing that I couldn't provide the square deal my drivers would be deserving of in order to inspire them to take an interest in what they were doing and take governance over that route I decided not to even bother trying. And when I look at the job boards ad from desperate contractors still offering the same money as that which was offered upwards of a decade ago I do not regret my decision.
We don’t regret your decision either.

bacha29

We don’t regret your decision either.
You get what you pay for man. It's as simple as that . If your personal success and your quality of employment can be backed up with top pay and benefits then you've EARNED the right to stand up and seek public recognition for your accomplishments. and deservedly so.If not then you simply don't deserve it.

bbsam

Staff member
You get what you pay for man. It's as simple as that . If your personal success and your quality of employment can be backed up with top pay and benefits then you've EARNED the right to stand up and seek public recognition for your accomplishments. and deservedly so.If not then you simply don't deserve it.
I’m not arguing. We seem to be doing ok and keeping drivers so I guess we’ll keep on keeping on. Thanks for your concern though.