FedEx Ground

bacha29

Lol! You sold him something you think is worthless and collect the profit of his labor. I love how you spin that into doing him a favor! You saddled him with debt and forced him to abide by a contract you think is unconscionable to pay you. You have no shame.
No shame huh? Coming from a guy who instead of trying to help struggling contractors preys on them like a piranha......and brags about it.

It will be fine

No shame huh? Coming from a guy who instead of trying to help struggling contractors preys on them like a piranha......and brags about it.
I do what I do to make money. I don’t pretend to do anyone any favors. I offer employment to people. You just take their money and put all the risk on them. One of us has an honest relationship with the people making money for us, it’s not you. You are exploiting a desperate man while offering nothing in return.

bacha29

I do what I do to make money. I don’t pretend to do anyone any favors. I offer employment to people. You just take their money and put all the risk on them. One of us has an honest relationship with the people making money for us, it’s not you. You are exploiting a desperate man while offering nothing in return.
And your substandard wages and minimal benefits is not exploiting anybody? (LMAFO!)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And your substandard wages and minimal benefits is not exploiting anybody? (LMAFO!)

Each of his employees had the choice of accepting his terms and conditions prior to employment or to walk away. The ones who stayed must have felt that his wage and benefit package was acceptable or they would have looked for employment elsewhere.

Keep in mind that most people in this demographic have limited options and as a result may accept wages and benefits that you and I would walk away from.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Each of his employees had the choice of accepting his terms and conditions prior to employment or to walk away. The ones who stayed must have felt that his wage and benefit package was acceptable or they would have looked for employment elsewhere.

Keep in mind that most people in this demographic have limited options and as a result may accept wages and benefits that you and I would walk away from.
No excuse for poor wages and crappy benefits for a job that tears up your body and gets more demanding every single day.

bacha29

You sold a man a contract you believe to be worthless. You don’t believe he runs a company. By your rules you are directly stealing a man’s wages. By your rules you are a con man.
And the difference between what UPS pays their people and what you pay your people is what's going in your bank account. And you say that yours is not a con?

Look Bud, your ego is writing checks the facts can't cash. You're just unhappy about the fact that you happened to run across a couple of ex contractors well versed on the con X is running and the one your running as well along with the fact that the more money you place at risk for this con the more more control you have to give up in an effort to protect it.

You once spoke of the opportunity and these is your own words here to sell "for millions and millions of dollars" .Well, you might and then again you might not . But whether you do or you don't ......that's something somebody else will decide and that decision will be made on the basis of what is in their best interests not yours.....and that is a fact for which there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Working4the1%

You sold a man a contract you believe to be worthless. You don’t believe he runs a company. By your rules you are directly stealing a man’s wages. By your rules you are a con man.
Please tell you Ground guys to stop asking Express couriers if we are Hiring...slows me down..turns into a therapy season as they tell me how much it sucks and they THOUGHT they had a good job at FEDEX... unfortunately got Ground scammed

Working4the1%

And the difference between what UPS pays their people and what you pay your people is what's going in your bank account. And you say that yours is not a con?

Look Bud, your ego is writing checks the facts can't cash. You're just unhappy about the fact that you happened to run across a couple of ex contractors well versed on the con X is running and the one your running as well along with the fact that the more money you place at risk for this con the more more control you have to give up in an effort to protect it.

You once spoke of the opportunity and these is your own words here to sell "for millions and millions of dollars" .Well, you might and then again you might not . But whether you do or you don't ......that's something somebody else will decide and that decision will be made on the basis of what is in their best interests not yours.....and that is a fact for which there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever.
Contractors better start accounting for hire Employee wages now. 1/21/21 tick tock

bacha29

Contractors better start accounting for hire Employee wages now. 1/21/21 tick tock
And they should prepare for new legislation that more clearly defines what an independent contractor actually is and how they operate as well as legislation regarding the practice of people providing commercial services out of their cars. Lobbyists for Big Trucking and Big Insurance will be wearing out their shoe leather in an effort to protect their profits.

bbsam

Staff member

I had a guy walk out yesterday morning. If he shows up tomorrow, who is in the position of strength? I’m telling you some of these kids have no damn concept of 14% unemployment and rising.

CatMan

I had a guy walk out yesterday morning. If he shows up tomorrow, who is in the position of strength? I’m telling you some of these kids have no damn concept of 14% unemployment and rising.
He probably still lives with his parents!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's like a poker game where you put your money in the pot but you're not dealt a set of cards. You're not playing with the house money. The house is playing with your money. And not only is the house playing playing with your money every time it thinks that it's not going to win the hand it simply changes the rules to make certain that it will.

But in poker, you aren't playing against the house, you're not winning money from the house, and you don't lose money to the house.

You seem to be confused about everything.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Lol! You sold him something you think is worthless and collect the profit of his labor. I love how you spin that into doing him a favor! You saddled him with debt and forced him to abide by a contract you think is unconscionable to pay you. You have no shame.

I wonder if he gave him the same "you're just Fat Freddy's slave and you have no leverage" lecture that he gives us.

bacha29

How many stops and miles did you have him set up for? 190 stops and 200 miles? That's the trouble with a lot of contractors. Demand too much and pay too little.
Not saying that you're one of them but I saw it too often. A guy simply had enough walks out leaving the contractor to take his load and dump it onto the other already overworked drivers , then they get mad and either quit or haul back the additional work after they run out of hours in a state of physical exhaustion.

bacha29

But in poker, you aren't playing against the house, you're not winning money from the house, and you don't lose money to the house.

You seem to be confused about everything.
Believe me , there's a lot about Ground you are either confused about refuse to accept or so shocked by it that you can't believe it.

bbsam

Staff member
How many stops and miles did you have him set up for? 190 stops and 200 miles? That's the trouble with a lot of contractors. Demand too much and pay too little.
Not saying that you're one of them but I saw it too often. A guy simply had enough walks out leaving the contractor to take his load and dump it onto the other already overworked drivers , then they get mad and either quit or haul back the additional work after they run out of hours in a state of physical exhaustion.
Lol. No. About 100 stops an 180 miles. Admittedly I was a busier route than most yesterday but he worked 4 hours Wednesday because he had a doctors appointment for his son and was off Thursday because he didn’t have childcare. I didn’t think a slightly longer day was out of bounds.

My 190 stop routes run about 50 miles and are highly residential areas.

bbsam

Staff member
F75E87E5-8071-474F-ABF7-FA7C820E1FB3.jpeg

Not a horrible route.