FedEx Ground

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No van, I'm saying that Express should have operated in exactly whatever manner you desired, no matter how stupid it would have been to do so, because it should never change anything even if the landscape in which it operates changes drastically.
Management =CYA and preserve your position.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In the ever urgent need to show growth and increase profit a lot of companies are forgetting their humanity. Going to come to a head eventually when millions have been displaced.

This is such a silly fear. There is no precedent, nor is there an economic theory to support it. What kind of drugs do you have to take to imagine that companies are going to put everyone out of work?

WHO THE HELL WOULD THEY SELL TO?

59 Dano

Massive data farms. Companies offer compensation to attract the needed talent to operate. Nothing is offered to workers out of a sense of humanity.

Google and Apple have net profit margins exceeding 20%. Apple has a gross margin of better than 30%, Google's has averaged over 50% for years. That "humanity" would go right out the window otherwise.

bacha29

..or perhaps they are exposing the idiocy of paying employees $40/hr and giving them Cadillac benefits for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid drivers license...
They have been legally deemed essential employees which will serve to strengthen their bargaining position in the days to come. Furthermore the pay they are earning also serves as a benchmark when determining what UPS management compensation should be. So if you're UPS management then you should be grateful for the fact that there's somebody down on the bottom pushing up.

vantexan

No van, I'm saying that Express should have operated in exactly whatever manner you desired, no matter how stupid it would have been to do so, because it should never change anything even if the landscape in which it operates changes drastically.
I would have desired they gave mid-range 3% raises on our lower money, instead of 2%, but they gave the 3% raises to topped out employees on much better pay. Work hard all year to get 32 cents while giving topped out high 60's low 70's cent raises. We were supposed to be catching top out, not falling further behind. Hard to tell somebody who's worked 10+ years that top out gets more because they've been here longer when they're making $6hr+ more than you.

I would have desired that they told me up front they had no intention to ever top me out when I got rehired. 7-8 years they said. 12 years later I was still hearing that being told to newhires. And that was in multiple stations in multiple districts and regions. And now that the infrastructure is built? They're taking away freight to reduce or eliminate OT as well it appears to once again be taking away a pension plan. Last time they did that they convinced many to jump into the new plan. A choice they said. A year or so later they forced the rest of us into it. Gave us "catch up credits." The ones they convinced to voluntarily move into the new plan? No catch up credits for them. It was their intent to move as many people over as they could so that they could screw them out of thousands of dollars of retirement money. Meanwhile the rest of us thought we had been given a choice to stay in the traditional but they never intended to leave us there. A pack of lies.

You must be very proud of these liars to come on here and constantly defend them. What's a few lies if you get your nice house and rosy future? You've sold your soul.

So they did all of that to build up Ground infrastructure, telling people if they stuck with them it will pay off. Fred himself said that.

Last edited:

59 Dano

In January 1914, Henry Ford started paying his auto workers a remarkable $5 a day. Doubling the average wage helped ensure a stable workforce and likely boosted sales since the workers could now afford to buy the cars they were making. It laid the foundation for an economy driven by consumer demand

He did it to reduce his turnover rate of 380% and you had to submit to investigations and intrusions into your private life. Any suggestions that he did it for any reasons other than to keep the assembly lines staffed and moving are laughable revisionist crap.

vantexan

This is such a silly fear. There is no precedent, nor is there an economic theory to support it. What kind of drugs do you have to take to imagine that companies are going to put everyone out of work?

WHO THE HELL WOULD THEY SELL TO?
Most of the wealth in the country is in the top half of income earners. The money paid, the benefits given, to lower income workers would be more than compensated for through automation and AI. One only has to look at developing nations to see the direction we're headed.

bbsam

Staff member
Yup, because we all know all those truck and van drivers are "airline" employees. If you want to say we're under the RLA because our business is essential to the well being and security of the country fine. But most Express employees will never set foot in an airplane so let's not kid ourselves.
Most US army personnel will never crap in a hole in the desert.

59 Dano

I would have desired they gave mid-range 3% raises on our lower money, instead of 2%, but they gave the 3% raises to topped out employees on much better pay. Work hard all year to get 32 cents while giving topped out high 60's low 70's cent raises. We were supposed to be catching too out, not falling further behind. Hard to tell somebody who's worked 10+ years that top out gets more because they've been here longer when they're making $6hr+ more than you.

I would have desired that they told me up front they had no intention to ever top me out when I got rehired. 7-8 years they said. 12 years later I was still hearing that being told to newhires. And that was in multiple stations in multiple districts and regions. And now that the infrastructure is built? They're taking away freight to reduce or eliminate OT as well it appears to once again be taking away a pension plan. Last time they did that they convinced many to jump into the new plan. A choice they said. A year or so later they forced the rest of us into it. Gave us "catch up credits." The ones they convinced to voluntarily move into the new plan? No catch up credits for them. It was their intent to move as many people over as they could so that they could screw them out of thousands of dollars of retirement money. Meanwhile the rest of us thought we had been given a choice to stay in the traditional but they never intended to leave us there. A pack of lies.

You must be very proud of these liars to come on here and constantly defend them. What's a few lies if you get your nice house and rosy future? You've sold your soul.

So they did all of that to build up Ground infrastructure, telling people if they stuck with them it will pay off. Fred himself said that.

If you think that's bad, you should have worked in radio.

That aside, it's always entertaining to hear a guy who doesn't work for a company complain about a company he doesn't work for.

vantexan

If you think that's bad, you should have worked in radio.

That aside, it's always entertaining to hear a guy who doesn't work for a company complain about a company he doesn't work for.
I put in 29 years on the clock and lived with that B.S. Gives me more a right than you to talk about it.

59 Dano

Most of the wealth in the country is in the top half of income earners. The money paid, the benefits given, to lower income workers would be more than compensated for through automation and AI. One only has to look at developing nations to see the direction we're headed.

Advanced Econ 909, taught by van and bacha.

vantexan

And had they not treated you so poorly, you'd have stuck around for 30.
I stuck around for the traditional pension, and just as they took that away the economy tanked and I developed heart and diabetes issues. But keep trying to deflect. You're always talking about anecdotal evidence but that is exactly what they did to tens of thousands of employees. Swelling up with pride, aren't you?