FedEx Ground

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I stuck around for the traditional pension, and just as they took that away the economy tanked and I developed heart and diabetes issues. But keep trying to deflect. You're always talking about anecdotal evidence but that is exactly what they did to tens of thousands of employees. Swelling up with pride, aren't you?

They changed the pension. Crazy not to.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And lied their heads off doing it. They could have left us in it until we got our 25 years in. They already were putting new hires in the portable pension.

Right. "This makes no business sense, but let's do it anyway! Van almost has his 25." You act as if they made you a promise.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Right. "This makes no business sense, but let's do it anyway! Van almost has his 25." You act as if they made you a promise.
What’s wrong with being honest and upfront? We were being told the Portable was the best thing since toilet paper.

Easy conclusion: managers are liars.

vantexan

Nah, they just sent out the annual propaganda about the traditional pension and how it was a cornerstone of our retirement then turned right around and forced us out of it. And as you know large corporations have a long term planning department. All of this had been in the works for years but there they were telling us about how great the traditional pension was and how wonderful they were providing it. Every year right up until they took it away.

vantexan

By the way if you are told every year for decades that if you put in the time and stick with the company that you would be rewarded with a pension. It's a reasonable expectation that you would get it except of course if the company went bankrupt. And even then part of all of it is guaranteed by the government. Terminating the plan not because the company was in trouble but because they wanted to get richer is B.S.

bacha29

See how self-serving you are!
Upstate is one of those guys who thinks he was worth what he was getting paid for the job he was doing but the guy who is NOW doing the job he was once doing is NOT worth what he's getting paid to do that particular job......But pay no mind. The guys just worried about the future security of his monthly pension check.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate is one of those guys who thinks he was worth what he was getting paid for the job he was doing but the guy who is NOW doing the job he was once doing is NOT worth what he's getting paid to do that particular job......But pay no mind. The guys just worried about the future security of his monthly pension check.

Nope. My retirement income is not solely dependent upon my pension.

bacha29

Nope. My retirement income is not solely dependent upon my pension.
Then quit fretting about the current pay scale at UPS. If the guys still there are making out good be happy for them and happy for the fact that they're not out there putting themselves in early graves working for a Ground contractor for half the wages and zero benefits of any kind.

bacha29

UPS has gone to a two tiered FT driver wage which, over time, will bring the hourly wage more in line with reality.
And just what in your minds eye is "reality'? Whatever the case for reasons nobody but you will ever know you still cling to the belief that you were worth what you were getting paid but the guy who's doing your job now isn't worth what he's getting. If that is the case then please explain why in your opinion he's not worth what he's being paid .
If the guy who's doing your job today is in your opinion being overpaid then it only stands to reason that you too were being overpaid when you were doing that very job.