Fired for bringing back unscanned packages

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yesterday I discovered 5 misloads in my Truck, sent the messages with the DIAD and never got a response with what to do with them.. In my center we are not allowed to sheet anything as missed without prior authorization from a member of the management team.. I worked all the way up to my DOT hours due to the fact I was on a route that I had only been on a few times, and the truck being brick loaded.. Since I never received a message with what to do with the packages and not having time to run them, I returned to the building with unscanned packages on my truck. Once I parked my vehicle I went to the acting manager with my problem and explained the situation. I had not yet clocked out but he gave me another board and had me sheet them all as missed. Today I report for work and get called into the office with an article 7 termination...

Is this something I can get my job back for or is this it for me and UPS

BB420,

Keep us updated please.

I think the sup needs to be fired. Don't be afraid to sue as well for damages. A good labor attorney during deposition will uncover all sorts of facts about the company hiding things. You pay nothing as the legal firm gets a part of your payout. Go for it!

10 point

Still doesn't prove that the message was actually sent.
By the way, Einstein, why would a driver take the time to type a message and not send it? The company looks at the intent when it comes to missed pkgs. If the issue ever went to a hearing it is one more piece of evidence that the employee tried to communicate they had pkgs that were going to be missed and the co will have to prove that they didn't receive it.

Intentional service failures can get you taken out of service. Service failures on Misloads are not totally in that arena unless they salted your load in the 2000 section and you didn't send the Misload info in until after 5 to keep from having to make an attempt on it.
You already know this but want to be a knucklehead anyway.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have a question about the OP's situation. When he returned to the building and the manager scanned his misloads into the center diad and told him to sheet them as missed ...at that point, did the OP have the right to refuse to WAD? Saying something like, I don't feel comfortable with doing this without a witness? Obviously, he didn't realize he was going to be fired for it....I was just curious what someone should have done in that situation to cover their own ass.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have a question about the OP's situation. When he returned to the building and the manager scanned his misloads into the center diad and told him to sheet them as missed ...at that point, did the OP have the right to refuse to WAD? Saying something like, I don't feel comfortable with doing this without a witness? Obviously, he didn't realize he was going to be fired for it....I was just curious what someone should have done in that situation to cover their own ass.

This to me, is clearly a- "work as directed" issue, which is why I say the sup in question need to be terminated and damages need to be paid.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Regardless of it all, This was not a Cardinal sin and this was not worthy of being walked out of the building.
This guy will get back pay for all days missed and the "acting" center manager will get destroyed by the labor agents.

The only question I have is : If the driver worked up to his 14 hour DOT window, was it a driver supervisor that had him sheet it on a center board ? I would doubt a driver sup would still be in the building waiting for him. It sounds very fishy that communicated misloads would lead to a termination, unless this driver was like 4 hours paid over and the center manager was pissed enough to throw everything against the wall and see if anything sticks.

10 point

Whether he sheets them missed on rtb or in the office they're missed.
Was he punched out of his other board? He said no. The second board issue is a smoking gun against mgmnt if his first board was still active.
Sounds like vindication against him for his huge settlement if there's no other facts.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Him getting back pay for a wrong pay rate isn't a center issue.
It's an HR issue and he just got what was owed to him.

I really think this guy boned the center with a 14 hour day and the center manager wrongfully terminated him for whatever he could think of.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This to me, is clearly a- "work as directed" issue, which is why I say the sup in question need to be terminated and damages need to be paid.

Actually I see this as a falsification of records issue. In which case he's under no obligation to WAD.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Actually I see this as a falsification of records issue. In which case he's under no obligation to WAD.
What was falsified ?????

Packages were sheeted MISSED
His diad, center diad = doesn't matter
1PM , 9PM = doesn't matter

As long as he communicated them, he followed orders.
Either way, customers knew the whereabouts of their packages that night.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What was falsified ?????

Packages were sheeted MISSED
His diad, center diad = doesn't matter
1PM , 9PM = doesn't matter

As long as he communicated them, he followed orders.
Either way, customers knew the whereabouts of their packages that night.
All packages on his truck should be recorded with his diad.

That's exactly what they were trying to do was falsify records by hiding them in the center board.

Re-Raise

After 278 responses

a driver walked out of the building

multiple layers of management falsifying records

and yet the preloader who put the 6 packages on the wrong truck has zero :censored2:s to give