Fired for bringing back unscanned packages

BigBrownTruck420

This is very confusing. Do you really know what you were fired for or are you just assuming it was the missed scans?

What verbal exchange did you have with the acting center manager when you returned to the building? Was he :censored2:, did he act as though this was the first he'd heard of the misloads?

Yes, he said I was being fired for bringing back unscanned packages.. . When I got back to the building I went right upstairs and asked him what I should do with the packages. Yes he did act as if it was the first time he had heard of the misloads.. He had to check 3 different computers before he finally found the messages...

BigBrownTruck420

How were you fired for missed scans? They weren't in your board to begin with if they were misloads.

You sent a misload message to the center .. And you recorded them when you returned to the building as missed... what the hell else are you supposed to do???

I don't know... I even told my supervisor when I was on road.

BigBrownTruck420

If you remember the addresses for the missed pgs your BA can requisition all the "units of work" for those stops that day and even if it's in another board itll give you the tracking #s so you can print out the tracking info to see if the center manager deleted or changed their final disposition from missed to futures or whatever.

Your post alludes to the (2) packages the supe took to the school were included in the missed pkgs. Is that correct?

No they were not part of the missed pieces. The 2 packages for the school were on my route but they need them by a certain time.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yes, he said I was being fired for bringing back unscanned packages.. . When I got back to the building I went right upstairs and asked him what I should do with the packages. Yes he did act as if it was the first time he had heard of the misloads.. He had to check 3 different computers before he finally found the messages...

Yes, One of the shop stewards was in the room when I told the manager. The manager gave me his board to scan them as missed instead of using mine for some reason, even though I was still punched in..

Your steward sucks then. These two statements contradict themselves

CanGuy

Here we messege our misloads in. They usually answer and say deliver if it's a resi on your way back if not sheet as missed after 17:00. The odd time I don't get a response from them I sheet as missed with misload in the remarks and my supervisor said that's okay too

10 point

No they were not part of the missed pieces. The 2 packages for the school were on my route but they need them by a certain time.
Did the supe scan them with his own diad? If not, who signed for them and were you instructed to give the supe the 2 pkgs by him or other management and was this all under "working as directed"?

10 point

The CMs toast. What an idiot.
You had not punched out and we're asking for clarification.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Did the supe scan them with his own diad? If not, who signed for them and were you instructed to give the supe the 2 pkgs by him or other management and was this all under "working as directed"?
I wondered this too. I bet the driver scanned them and signed for it then the sup delivered them.

WAD or not that's a no no.

BigBrownTruck420

They were recorded as missed..please re-read the post.
If it took you 14 hours to deliver a route (you even said you have been on it a couple of times) you need to be walked out...save everyone the trouble.

and the termination will not stick....work on becoming a better driver.

your supervisor was right...there were a lot of messed up centers out there yesterday...it's become the norm.[/QUO

All I know is I gave them to him and a little while later they came out of my board

10 point

Him getting back pay for a wrong pay rate isn't a center issue.
It's an HR issue and he just got what was owed to him.

I really think this guy boned the center with a 14 hour day and the center manager wrongfully terminated him for whatever he could think of.
HR or not the cost had to be laid at the feet of somebody and I'm sure that the center took the hit because that's where his domicile is.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
HR or not the cost had to be laid at the feet of somebody and I'm sure that the center took the hit because that's where his domicile is.
????????
Back pay for a wrong pay rate isn't the same as a center being charged for a Tier 3.
It is a contractual agreement through the Teamsters.
HR controls the pay rate schedule on the computer, your center manager and DM could care less.
A center doesn't get charged anything when an employee's pay goes through progression.
The only thing they can control is how many routes are in so that they can keep their health and welfare payments to the union down.

10 point

????????
Back pay for a wrong pay rate isn't the same as a center being charged for a Tier 3.
It is a contractual agreement through the Teamsters.
HR controls the pay rate schedule on the computer, your center manager and DM could care less.
A center doesn't get charged anything when an employee's pay goes through progression.
The only thing they can control is how many routes are in so that they can keep their health and welfare payments to the union down.
They (mgmnt) fight this issue here like the plague.
If it doesn't affect their bottom line why would they fight it tooth and nail?