Old Double Gobble

I've got a question about the 401k UPS has for its employees. My sup told me they match up to 3%. However, I have yet to see any of my money going in being matched and I was curious to know if they match at the end of each month (type of a thing) or if they even match at all.

Old Double Gobble

Okay, sounds good. Oh well, I'm still investing in it, I happen to like a few of the Funds they offer and it only adds to my portfolio of investments that I already have since before UPS too. Thanks for getting back with me so soon!

Okay, sounds good. Oh well, I'm still investing in it, I happen to like a few of the Funds they offer and it only adds to my portfolio of investments that I already have since before UPS too. Thanks for getting back with me so soon!
UPS doesn't match because they pay into a pension plan on your behalf.

Save as much as you can and good luck

Your supervisor might have not know that we don't get a match, because they get one. On the other hand, they don't get a pension

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've got a question about the 401k UPS has for its employees. My sup told me they match up to 3%. However, I have yet to see any of my money going in being matched and I was curious to know if they match at the end of each month (type of a thing) or if they even match at all.
What is your position?
Are you represented by the Teamster union?
If so, UPS contributes a given amount to the Teamsters on your behalf for retirement pension.
You will likely never see that money but the guys walking around in Brown Uniforms will realize the contributions on your behalf.

Old Double Gobble

What is your position?
If so, UPS contributes a given amount to the Teamsters on your behalf for retirement pension.
You will likely never see that money but the guys walking around in Brown Uniforms will realize the contributions on your behalf.
I am just a package handler.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
What is your position?
False
Part time employee pensions are administered by ups. the teamsters union never see that money.

rays71

Does anyone know how to sign up for the payroll debit card? Info I find directs me to adp and need activation code. Does that sound right?

Jondlc

Hi all, New hire here.
Delivery driver.
HR told me to go to class on the 20th of this month. If the class is a week long, do I start at the hub right away if I pass? I ask because on Oct 3rd my grandma will undergo surgery and she asked me to be there for her. It's out of the country and I wanted to go for the week that Monday through Friday.

I have to go back to the hub this Thursday to fill out some paperwork and I'm planning on letting her know if I can take the next class after the 20th, hopefully after that first week of October.

My concern really is that I wouldn't want management to see me as someone who doesn't really want the job because I do want it BAD. I was told that during my probation period (which according to them I won't even make my first 40 days this year because they won't even have me working as much) Im supposed to make it to some type of A-list and that by not showing up, whining and going over authorized time will hurt me and prevent me from making it. Seeing my current situation, I'm concerned that it might actually hurt me as they say.

Last edited: