UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are there no other family members who can be there for her?

Peak is just over 2 months. School is a week and then you have 30 days of training. That gives you about a month of driving alone before the fun begins.

This may sound cold but do you really want to put your career on hold for a month or so just to be by Grandma's side, especially if there is someone else who can be there for her ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
False
Part time employee pensions are administered by ups. the teamsters union never see that money.
I guess that depends on what Supplement you are under.
Some part-timers do get their pension from the Teamsters.
I wasn't aware the Teamsters had not managed to get their grubby hands on the P.T pension funds.
They already sold the P/T down the river.

I guess that depends on what Supplement you are under.
Some part-timers do get their pension from the Teamsters.
I wasn't aware the Teamsters had not managed to get their grubby hands on the P.T pension funds.
They already sold the P/T down the river.
My part time years pension comes from ups ,my full-time pension is from the teamsters

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hi all, New hire here.
Delivery driver.
HR told me to go to class on the 20th of this month. If the class is a week long, do I start at the hub right away if I pass? I ask because on Oct 3rd my grandma will undergo surgery and she asked me to be there for her. It's out of the country and I wanted to go for the week that Monday through Friday.

I have to go back to the hub this Thursday to fill out some paperwork and I'm planning on letting her know if I can take the next class after the 20th, hopefully after that first week of October.

My concern really is that I wouldn't want management to see me as someone who doesn't really want the job because I do want it BAD. I was told that during my probation period (which according to them I won't even make my first 40 days this year because they won't even have me working as much) Im supposed to make it to some type of A-list and that by not showing up, whining and going over authorized time will hurt me and prevent me from making it. Seeing my current situation, I'm concerned that it might actually hurt me as they say.
So you're a new hire....and you want time off already? Yea, that may be an issue for UPS....there are probably 30 people who think they want your driver spot and are available on the 20th.

Hi all, New hire here.
Delivery driver.
HR told me to go to class on the 20th of this month. If the class is a week long, do I start at the hub right away if I pass? I ask because on Oct 3rd my grandma will undergo surgery and she asked me to be there for her. It's out of the country and I wanted to go for the week that Monday through Friday.

I have to go back to the hub this Thursday to fill out some paperwork and I'm planning on letting her know if I can take the next class after the 20th, hopefully after that first week of October.

My concern really is that I wouldn't want management to see me as someone who doesn't really want the job because I do want it BAD. I was told that during my probation period (which according to them I won't even make my first 40 days this year because they won't even have me working as much) Im supposed to make it to some type of A-list and that by not showing up, whining and going over authorized time will hurt me and prevent me from making it. Seeing my current situation, I'm concerned that it might actually hurt me as they say.
Make your choice right now. Work or Grandma. It won't be both.

Jondlc

You guys obviously have a legit point.
I'm not asking for time off. My question was if normally we start immediately after finishing class or if theres a time in between before I have to report at the hub for on the job training.

AutoZone

BrownPower
You guys obviously have a legit point.
I'm not asking for time off. My question was if normally we start immediately after finishing class or if theres a time in between before I have to report at the hub for on the job training.
Obviously it just depends on where you work.. where I'm at, ive seen guys waiting as much as 6 months after class.... I myself am currently waiting... shouldn't be too long tho.. we've got more holes that need filling.. I'm crossing my fingers before October..

enkeis

Package Handler
Hello, I'm a new hire at UPS. I obviously haven't achieved Seniority yet, but I've been recently just going through personal issues with my body that has caused me to call in sick already for about 6 days in total. Would this sincerely destroy my opportunity at keeping my job?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hello, I'm a new hire at UPS. I obviously haven't achieved Seniority yet, but I've been recently just going through personal issues with my body that has caused me to call in sick already for about 6 days in total. Would this sincerely destroy my opportunity at keeping my job?
Ummm yea. If you are having so much trouble physically that you banged in for 6 days in your first 30 working days....This job probably isn't for you.

Hi all, New hire here.
Delivery driver.

My concern really is that I wouldn't want management to see me as someone who doesn't really want the job because I do want it BAD. I was told that during my probation period (which according to them I won't even make my first 40 days this year because they won't even have me working as much) Im supposed to make it to some type of A-list and that by not showing up, whining and going over authorized time will hurt me and prevent me from making it. Seeing my current situation, I'm concerned that it might actually hurt me as they

Cesar vera

I'm a new hire been with the company for a month I did my trianing with my sup. Then I drove for 3 days by myself he said I was doing good. Now it's been 2 weeks since I drove my route I only drive 1 day and that was yesterday and ideas why?

AutoZone

BrownPower
Yep those look brand new and unused much. That's the newest shirt I've ever seen. Guess air drivers don't get much work in your hub, huh rookie?

Only took you 4 months and you're still not FT or TCD.

Keep trying rookie
Admit it, you got dressed up in this at your house after auto zone.

Oh wait, I forgot you said you went to air driver school.

I bet you'll go home and sleep in these because you're so excited.
Still less than 1 year, and I'm through the process you said would take YEARSSSSS to happen.. that was the whole start to this whole fascination you have with me... I told you that you have no idea what you're talking about.. and I proved you wrong.. it's OK.. I decline the air driving when asked.. $13 an hour for 3 hours just isn't for me... I'll let the kids that need that money soak those Saturday hours up. I'll wait for a cover offers or ft offer.. again, I'm not here for the money... yet.. anything else you'd like me to prove you wrong with, just let me know.. it's enjoyable with an annoying schmuck like you.. :) have a good night bud.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Still less than 1 year, and I'm through the process you said would take YEARSSSSS to happen.. that was the whole start to this whole fascination you have with me... I told you that you have no idea what you're talking about.. and I proved you wrong.. it's OK.. I decline the air driving when asked.. $13 an hour for 3 hours just isn't for me... I'll let the kids that need that money soak those Saturday hours up. I'll wait for a cover offers or ft offer.. again, I'm not here for the money... yet.. anything else you'd like me to prove you wrong with, just let me know.. it's enjoyable with an annoying schmuck like you.. :) have a good night bud.

Except idiot you didn't prove me wrong, you proved me right. You DIDNT go FT and you aren't TCD qualified at all. You're air driver qualified. You'll have to go to school again for TCD after accepting a TCD bid in the southern. You're not on the qualified TCD list so any days you ride with a sup "helping" don't count.

Basically you went to school to drive Saturday airs and airs during the week.

Oh and be careful "declining " air work all the time. You'll pretty much get DQed or black listed with the on roads for wasting their time.

You REALLY have no clue what you're talking about or how this works but you keep thinking you do.$13/HR is air rate. TCD is 80% of FT top rate and FT starting rate is I believe $18.75.

Congratulations you're a certified AIR driver!!

You're basically at square one again except now you can drive airs you idiot.

Tell us all again how you accepted a FT bid 4 months ago????

Exactly.

Last edited:

AutoZone

BrownPower
I've verified with HR, center managers, hub director... I'm they the class, I'm certified to drive no matter my classification.. I drive air and deliver 1 ground box, I get paid cover rate.. if I'm asked to cover, I'm cleared.. you're dumb.. go away.. I even called the guy that taught my class and he said whoever said that(you) is an idiot.. lol pretty funny

Jondlc

Is it normal to not get any sort of overview of the truck prior to going out for a road test? I passed the test and all but the guy was like "OK hop on its all you", I'm like OK.. Guessing how to turn on the truck and all. Like 5m later he goes Oh you need to press this button and then another button...He knocked me 10pts because I :censored2:ed a gear change but mind you the truck felt like it was used in ww1 and that gearbox needs work. I drive a stick, there's no way I don't know my gear changes. Hey, maybe the truck behaves differently.. I've never driven a truck before.. But again, not even an overview of the whole truck.

I passed but that kinda ticked me off.

/rant.