Forced to work Saturday Xmas eve?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Finished at 2:00 today bringing me to 59.999999.
Easy money day. Passed numerous FedEx and Post office trucks. Talked to the FedEx guy and he said they are on a 6 day a week schedule. Post office is always but I am seeing them every Sunday now too. Yet we are complaining about a few half Saturdays.

What kind of business decision would it be if UPS was the only major carrier to not run Saturdays during peak?

What if Home Depot decided to never open Sundays while Lowe's did? That wouldn't be very good for HD.

Made over $1,000 in OT this week. I'll take it!
Chick fil a isn't open on Sunday's.

;)

22.34life

Christmas eve is not a holiday but this year it does fall on a saterday. So if ur work week is mon-friday then they can not force a six day punch.dont show up their is nothing the company can do.

Ms.PacMan

Some of your centers sound very mismanaged. Our volume is up 22% from last year and we aren't behind and haven't had to get ahead of volume on a Saturday.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
UPS has an interesting take on "corporate greed". Let's pay people $52/hr + health insurance and pension to carry boxes from an expensive truck to a porch. That's some get rich quick scheme all right.
I do not know if I would call what we drive expensive

JL 0513

Chick fil a isn't open on Sunday's.

;)

Yup, and when I was on a road trip down south last year and saw that there was a Chick-fil-a off the exit I was looking forward to trying them. Pulled up to an empty parking lot on a Sunday and was disappointed.

Another restaurant was happy to get my money that Sunday afternoon. People like to eat on Sundays.

BrownClown69

Quit being such a crybaby sissy and call in if you don't want to work.

So boring seeing many people here bitching about being FORCED to work on Christmas Eve......the only one FORCING yourself out of bed to work is simply YOURSELF!! Be a big boy and if really needed grow a set and CALL IN!!!! Christ........I haven't worked on Christmas Eve about 10 straight years and it's become a running joke now.
It doesn't matter if it's February 4th........May 10th.......September 23rd.......or DECEMBER 24TH........!!!!
If your attendance record is intact call off as you'll have NOTHING to worry about (you realistically probably don't have to)......enjoy the day with family and friends like most others and feel like a normal human being for a change instead of a puppet/robot......take a little bitching when you return and laugh it off and say "I feel better now"......and trust me in that it gets easier each time.

Amen and enough already about the stupid Xmas Eve talk.....it's all on you......don't let UPS fully dictate how you run your life.

Crybaby sissy? I was asking a question . Get off ur * high horse and respect those asking questions or don't respond at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

onehandsolo

I think eventually ups will hire temp workers to deliver Saturday's and Sundays during peak to spread out the volume and possibility delay the building of new centers.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The truth is most people lead "lives of quiet desperation" my economics professors quoted this to us all the time. Most of these guys have wife and kids and cant afford to fight the company out of fear of losing a job. At the same time though they want to see themselves in a positive light so they adopt the "I work so hard, you are a wuss if you don't do all the crappy work and take all the same crap I do." attitude.

And thus Corporate Stockholm Syndrome is born!
Exactly. So many have indentured themselves to a family and/or mortgage that they really don't have much choice. And then you have the ones who have been deluded to believe they have some kind of high obligation because it's the "man's thing to do" or some lame shxt, regardless of whether it's in their best interest or not. I on the other hand have told my share of jobs to take a fxxing hike in the past and will have no qualm doing it again should the time come.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Just had management announce mandatory Saturday 6 punch for Xmas eve. In years past it was on a voluntary basis...... shop steward said just work..... I'm asking if they can really force a 6 punch for a holiday..... thx
d67257d31e99a966b558d22f1338199e.jpg
....call them and tell them you cant find your shoes.