Forced to work Saturday Xmas eve?

vvv

I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years well he working Christmas morn. Times change right!!!! Something something e commerce.

At what point are you guys willing to put your foot down and say enough is enough..... or 95% of people are just cowards and will do whatever they are told because boxes need to be delivered.

We need to take care of the customer right!!! Yet every day we leave the building, run air in trace and Miss service

And FYI ever contract I have been through has gotten way worse minus re 9-5 language change in the recent one.
Faceplanted.......I put up with so much disrespect at this company that it's the very reason why I put my foot down and drew my line in the sand long long ago. I go out and do my job properly and to the book and I go about a pace that's acceptable to me. And I don't give them a reason to hang me for even the slightest of things.
Driving and parking......I don't speed....don't roll lights or stop signs.....don't pull out in traffic at a green light waiting to turn left and rather stop behind crosswalk and wait for the next arrow......and parking the truck (hahaha) forget it.
I NEVER park in handicap.....NEVER block cars in.....NEVER park by a fire hydrant.....NEVER park on a side of street that states NO PARKING ON THIS SIDE OF STREET even if it isn't a one way street......NEVER block a residential driveway......NEVER park even 6" over a yellow curb......NEVER park too close to a corner to obstruct someone seeing a posted STOP SIGN or crossing traffic. So trust me in that when more people are home from work and there is less parking and I have some residential to do I might very well be walking a residential stop back down a block even if it's a damn envelope.
Delivering......no packages left exposed........all condos and I do have a decent amount GET BROUGHT UP TO THEIR DOOR and not lazily left in the mailroom. People don't live in the mailroom.....they have a personal door to their unit. Otherwise you may as well half :censored2: your residential deliveries and toss it on the lawn instead of BRINGING IT TO THE DOOR!!

When most of you folks get your head out of your butt your loads will be lightened.......and as I said more will be put in.
Don't blame guys myself or Faceplant because you lack the sack it takes to see the job thru properly and put up with some heat from management.
Who knows......maybe one day I'll be fired for doing my job TOO GOOD.

But until then it's simply "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY"......because I don't give a care.....I have nothing to lose!! And they now know that. :)

JL 0513

Faceplanted.......I put up with so much disrespect at this company that it's the very reason why I put my foot down and drew my line in the sand long long ago. I go out and do my job properly and to the book and I go about a pace that's acceptable to me. And I don't give them a reason to hang me for even the slightest of things.
Driving and parking......I don't speed....don't roll lights or stop signs.....don't pull out in traffic at a green light waiting to turn left and rather stop behind crosswalk and wait for the next arrow......and parking the truck (hahaha) forget it.
I NEVER park in handicap.....NEVER block cars in.....NEVER park by a fire hydrant.....NEVER park on a side of street that states NO PARKING ON THIS SIDE OF STREET even if it isn't a one way street......NEVER block a residential driveway......NEVER park even 6" over a yellow curb......NEVER park too close to a corner to obstruct someone seeing a posted STOP SIGN or crossing traffic. So trust me in that when more people are home from work and there is less parking and I have some residential to do I might very well be walking a residential stop back down a block even if it's a damn envelope.
Delivering......no packages left exposed........all condos and I do have a decent amount GET BROUGHT UP TO THEIR DOOR and not lazily left in the mailroom. People don't live in the mailroom.....they have a personal door to their unit. Otherwise you may as well half :censored2: your residential deliveries and toss it on the lawn instead of BRINGING IT TO THE DOOR!!

When most of you folks get your head out of your butt your loads will be lightened.......and as I said more will be put in.
Don't blame guys myself or Faceplant because you lack the sack it takes to see the job thru properly and put up with some heat from management.

But until then it's simply "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY"......because I don't give a care.....I have nothing to lose!! And they now know that. :)

Man, you do a LOT of walking.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Random words in caps.

@The Other Side is this your new account?

vvv

Man, you do a LOT of walking.
Yes I do buddy. I know I do it to the extreme, but technically all of my methods are valid and why I never catch lip about it. If you block someones driveway to their home and they hit you trying to nose in UPS will be asking you questions regarding how you parked. It's also I believe illegal to park to close to a corner and block views. Now say for instance you park on a residential side street that says No Parking on this side and you do it anyway. So you get out to make a delivery....some kid runs into the street for his ball in front of your truck as a car is coming.....car hits kid because he didn't see him because you were parked illegal.....and once a lawyer examines the scene.UH OHHHHH....guess who's in trouble??

I DON'T GIVE IN ON ANYTHING!!

You should see if I get the wrong truck in the lineup. They'll be paying me 1-2 hours overtime to clean it up. Just because my office has "wheels" doesn't mean you disrespect me with a filthy nasty truck to use. They never get on drivers to clean vehicles adequately because it'll cost them money. But if I come across one in my spot and my regular was not spotted where it should they know they bought the farm for the day. They will take all my Next Day air off of me because I won't leave the building until I find the seating area cleaned to MY satisfaction.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

tick-145475_960_720.png

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Soooooooooo maybe working Saturday would have been nice....but you think I care!!!!??? I can't even open my bulkhead door Hahahahahaha..I got two days worth of work in a 5 cube

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went out with 145 stops and no helper. Around 9:30 or so they sent a message telling me to go pick up my helper, even though I didn't need him at all. Finished with all of my deliveries and a sweep of my pickups by 1400.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You should see if I get the wrong truck in the lineup. They'll be paying me 1-2 hours overtime to clean it up. Just because my office has "wheels" doesn't mean you disrespect me with a filthy nasty truck to use. They never get on drivers to clean vehicles adequately because it'll cost them money. But if I come across one in my spot and my regular was not spotted where it should they know they bought the farm for the day. They will take all my Next Day air off of me because I won't leave the building until I find the seating area cleaned to MY satisfaction.
:bsbullf:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went out with 145 stops and no helper. Around 9:30 or so they sent a message telling me to go pick up my helper, even though I didn't need him at all. Finished with all of my deliveries and a sweep of my pickups by 1400.

Turns out they forced every driver to use his or her helper. When I got back to the building at 6 pm most of the drivers were already in and gone.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Come on up here for the next two weeks.

Bring a full lunch pail and your big boy pants----you will need them.

Really?? Do you have a 100 business stops with close to 600 pieces, 30-40 resi stops and 20 heavy pick ups??

Because I do that year round.

Dave you're not that good a driver if you constantly have to cut corners and use shady methods like forging signatures and sorting your truck for free.

I'd tell you to come down here and do my route in the Florida heat and by the methods like I do but you'd probably die of heat exhaustion or having to actually work in a real ups center.

Not the 20 person small bubble you work in.