Gas surcharge, thanks to Joe

Commercial Inside Release

You know, Wilbur... Everything we say, divulges who we are and where we live. All aspects of our lives are given away, in our comments.

One part of your life is true, the other part -- just a desperate fantasy.

Non liberal

Yes, actually, I can get power from my own home.

Your input requires supply chains and electricity.

Mine only requires electricity.

20 years into the zombie apocalypse, my car still works fine.
You can’t get power if your electricity goes out. I lost power for 5 days this winter, if I had an electric car I would’ve been screwed. What does it cost to repair when those batteries are done? How long does it take before you start losing charge capacity? What if you live in a cold area of the country, how long will your batteries last? No thanks, you can have that garbage. I’ll stick to my Toyota v8, that I know I’ll get at least 300,000 miles out of it if I just change the oil. And performance will not suffer over time. Not to mention these electric cars are not green. You are still burning fossil fuels, only you don’t see it because the burning takes place at the power plant. That’s called“ lib thinking” as long as you don’t see it, it’s not happening

wilberforce15

You can’t get power if your electricity goes out. I lost power for 5 days this winter, if I had an electric car I would’ve been screwed. What does it cost to repair when those batteries are done? How long does it take before you start losing charge capacity? What if you live in a cold area of the country, how long will your batteries last? No thanks, you can have that garbage. I’ll stick to my Toyota v8, that I know I’ll get at least 300,000 miles out of it if I just change the oil. And performance will not suffer over time. Not to mention these electric cars are not green. You are still burning fossil fuels, only you don’t see it because the burning takes place at the power plant. That’s called“ lib thinking” as long as you don’t see it, it’s not happening
You can't get gas when the power is out. And you're dependent on supply lines to get it to the pump that runs on power. Gas is more vulnerable than electricity, because it requires electricity plus other things.

Your Toyota has a dozen essential, expensive maintenance repairs to get it 300k. The EV requires far less, and no oil changes, or transmission service, or coolant service, or anything else.

The battery never needs to be replaced. So, battery replacement costs 0.

And yes, I can fill up my car with electricity, because I have a fuel station on my roof.

I don't care about being green. I don't care if it burns coal. It's a superior technology in performance and reliability and lack of maintenance.

Non liberal

You can't get gas when the power is out. And you're dependent on supply lines to get it to the pump that runs on power. Gas is more vulnerable than electricity, because it requires electricity plus other things.

Your Toyota has a dozen essential, expensive maintenance repairs to get it 300k. The EV requires far less, and no oil changes, or transmission service, or coolant service, or anything else.

The battery never needs to be replaced. So, battery replacement costs 0.

And yes, I can fill up my car with electricity, because I have a fuel station on my roof.

I don't care about being green. I don't care if it burns coal. It's a superior technology in performance and reliability and lack of maintenance.
I’m curious as to which ev you have that the battery never needs replaced? The best warranty going right now is teslas 8yr 100,000 mi. Warranty. At which point that is considered the life of the vehicle for most. That’s not even considering the diminished charge capacity that some say begins at 4-5 years. At the price of theses vehicles, 8 years or 100,000 miles is not even close to being able to replace an internal combustion vehicle. Far from superior technology, it’s not even in the same ballpark. (For those that don’t know, that is called an idiom) I got made fun of for using one in a previous post. When I talk about power going off what I mean is say you are out using your ev and you run the battery down to nothing, you get home and a severe storm knocks your power out for a few days. What do you do? I can take my gasoline car and fill up at a gas station that does have power. You can’t because it died. And im sorry, but apparently you never owned a Toyota. That vehicle is a lifetime vehicle if you take care of it. With very minimal, cheap maintenance. Thats why I buy Toyotas. Ev may have minimal maintenance, but you’ll be buying a new one every ten years or so and won’t have the convenience and reliability of an internal combustion engine.

wilberforce15

I’m curious as to which ev you have that the battery never needs replaced? The best warranty going right now is teslas 8yr 100,000 mi. Warranty. At which point that is considered the life of the vehicle for most. That’s not even considering the diminished charge capacity that some say begins at 4-5 years. At the price of theses vehicles, 8 years or 100,000 miles is not even close to being able to replace an internal combustion vehicle. Far from superior technology, it’s not even in the same ballpark. (For those that don’t know, that is called an idiom) I got made fun of for using one in a previous post. When I talk about power going off what I mean is say you are out using your ev and you run the battery down to nothing, you get home and a severe storm knocks your power out for a few days. What do you do? I can take my gasoline car and fill up at a gas station that does have power. You can’t because it died. And im sorry, but apparently you never owned a Toyota. That vehicle is a lifetime vehicle if you take care of it. With very minimal, cheap maintenance. Thats why I buy Toyotas. Ev may have minimal maintenance, but you’ll be buying a new one every ten years or so and won’t have the convenience and reliability of an internal combustion engine.
I'm afraid you're more than a few years behind. New tesla batteries will outlast the body of the car, after you pass it down to your kid, and then will be used for grid storage after retiring as a car battery.

Non liberal

I'm afraid you're more than a few years behind. New tesla batteries will outlast the body of the car, after you pass it down to your kid, and then will be used for grid storage after retiring as a car battery.
Lol, yeah well all you have to do is look online. I couldn’t find anything that says that. He says million miles batteries are coming but nothing even remotely close yet. Maybe im wrong, if I am then fine. Please list the web address where I can find this info if you have it. I’m more then willing to invest in something better, I just don’t think it exists yet.

wilberforce15

Lol, yeah well all you have to do is look online. I couldn’t find anything that says that. He says million miles batteries are coming but nothing even remotely close yet. Maybe im wrong, if I am then fine. Please list the web address where I can find this info if you have it. I’m more then willing to invest in something better, I just don’t think it exists yet.
The 4680 cell easily bests a million miles with less than 10% degradation. It's rolling out in select new Teslas now. 5000 cycles at 300 miles each is a very low estimate.

Tesla started keeping it under wraps as soon as the Osborne Effect was clear. The million mile battery could've bankrupted Tesla if they announced it and confirmed it.

The Osborne computer company went bankrupt by announcing its next generation tech too soon, leading consumers to stop buying the first, and it cut off the lifeblood of cash as customers waited for the new, much better version.

Independent researchers stopped publishing tests on it. Tesla stopped making videos about it. New warranties don't increase in mileage much. But those are 2 to 4 million mile batteries. As soon as they say so, they will stop selling current cars.

Tesla paid people to shut up about it. The Osborne effect is an existential threat for companies that innovate too fast.

FROMWESTTOEAST

So why did Putin have to wait for Trump to get out of office?

When was last time Putin invaded Ukraine? When Obama and Biden were in office…

Joe’s not standing up to anyone, but the Ukraines sure are!
Was Putin hoping Trump, if re-elected, would pull out of NATO? That's why he waited? Interesting angle for sure.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Was Putin hoping Trump, if re-elected, would pull out of NATO? That's why he waited? Interesting angle for sure.
He was the only US President interested in making NATO provide their agreed-upon amounts of bodies, arms, real estate, etc.....

:censored2:head Biden only knows how to cater to blacks and other minorities as the only way the Dimwits can stay in office...

PT Car Washer

He was the only US President interested in making NATO provide their agreed-upon amounts of bodies, arms, real estate, etc.....

:censored2:head Biden only knows how to cater to blacks and other minorities as the only way the Dimwits can stay in office...
trump constantly was bashing NATO calling it obsolete and threatening to pull the US out. trump was Putin's puppet in the US government.