Gas surcharge, thanks to Joe

Non liberal

That's cool. I hate liberals, too.

I also respect superior technology. And anything electric is more reliable than anything combustion.

So, what parts can break on a diesel? And do EVs even have those parts?
That’s kind of my point. I can repair my combustion vehicle. When electric breaks or doesn’t work you either die from an accident or you buy a new car.

Non liberal

Warranty has been explained. Warranty is not the lifespan. The lifespan is how long it lasts.

If Tesla says "we have a 2 million mile battery for a select portion of our 2023 vehicles" their 2022 sales go to 0.

That's how Osborne Computer Corporation went broke.

Because the internet is the internet, somebody is going to take a new 4680 model Y and put a million miles on it in a year, and show less than 10% battery degradation. Then you still won't believe it.
They are considered the lifespan of the vehicle at 8 yrs. 100,000 currently. I have not seen anything about a million mile battery ready yet. lol they would have to do is price it higher like every other manufacturer. You can either buy a Porsche or a pinto. Take your pick.

wilberforce15

They are considered the lifespan of the vehicle at 8 yrs. 100,000 currently. I have not seen anything about a million mile battery ready yet. lol they would have to do is price it higher like every other manufacturer. You can either buy a Porsche or a pinto. Take your pick.
You cannot possibly be serious. You think the lifespan is the warranty?

I've explained the Osborne effect. It's real. It bankrupts companies.

In 2020 and 2021, plenty of people analyzed the 4680 and getting 5000 to 15000 cycles on the battery is not a problem. At 300 miles each, that's a multi-million mile battery. It's over. It's done. Mission accomplished. Hang the banner.

But if they advertise it, sales die, because they cannot put it in every car for a long time, and it's only for select 2023+ models. They're the fastest ramping auto company in history, but be realistic for half a seond.

wilberforce15

The basic maintenance schedule to 1 million miles is.... check the fluids that are never low, and replace tires and wipers and a cabin air filter.

That's it.
Screenshot (24).png

rod

Retired 23 years
Thanks for stopping by and spending your money here. Alaska appreciates it! 😎
To tell the truth Alaska wasn't even on my bucket list. My wife is the driving force behind this trip. To me Alaska is like Hawaii. Expensive with some beautiful scenery that is marred by houses that all seem to have a yard full of junk. All it means to me is that now I will have visited all but 3 states--Maine, Vt. and N.H.

Non liberal

Yes, the old ones.
No, current. Consumer reports ranked Tesla 16th out of 32 brands for reliability. Toyota and Lexus were 2nd and 3rd. Jd power ranked them 30th out of 33 brands. Explain again how they don’t break. When the electric technology is ready Toyota will have it on the market but not untill they are better then their gas vehicles because that’s just how they do things. That why they are still doing the hybrids. A hybrid I can see because at least your range doesn’t suffer with those. But only a Toyota hybrid. The rest are garbage.

wilberforce15

No, current. Consumer reports ranked Tesla 16th out of 32 brands for reliability. Toyota and Lexus were 2nd and 3rd. Jd power ranked them 30th out of 33 brands. Explain again how they don’t break. When the electric technology is ready Toyota will have it on the market but not untill they are better then their gas vehicles because that’s just how they do things. That why they are still doing the hybrids. A hybrid I can see because at least your range doesn’t suffer with those. But only a Toyota hybrid. The rest are garbage.
I've explained this 10 times. So, forgive me if it gets old and I'm annoyed.

They mixed build quality with reliability.

Reliability is the ability to get from A to B. Build quality is service visits required to fix door panels that aren't flush or something.

They equated service visits with reliability. It's not. They are the fastest growing manufacturer in the history of cars, ever, so build quality is obviously lacking. That has nothing whatsoever to do with reliability.

You can lock a tesla in a barn for 20 years and it will go where you need to go as soon as you take the tarp off.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You can lock a tesla in a barn for 20 years and it will go where you need to go as soon as you take the tarp off.
Hearsay. How many 20 year old teslas do you see that we can test that theory on? Don’t @me, I’m not trying to argue with you as you seem to be inclined to do but that point is unfounded and untested. A theory.

wilberforce15

Hearsay. How many 20 year old teslas do you see that we can test that theory on? Don’t @me, I’m not trying to argue with you as you seem to be inclined to doing but that point is unfounded and untested. A theory.
You are trying not to argue because you are obviously wrong.

Pull any random housefan out of storage. It works, right?

That's because electric motors have 1 moving part.

Yeet

You are trying not to argue because you are obviously wrong.

Pull any random housefan out of storage. It works, right?

That's because electric motors have 1 moving part.
Sure. I’ll play the game here. I’ll admit I don’t know much about them. But I can say for a fact there are way more fueling stations for a gasoline vehicle than there are charging stations for electric. If they want to change the world, make it more accessible and convenient than fossil fuels.

wilberforce15

Sure. I’ll play the game here. I’ll admit I don’t know much about them. But I can say for a fact there are way more fueling stations for a gasoline vehicle than there are charging stations for electric. If they want to change the world, make it more accessible and convenient than fossil fuels.
No, every house in the country is a fueling station for electric. That's why I spend less time fueling than you do.

I make 0 stops at chargers or gas stations except on special road trips.

None.

You make a detour for gas. I don't.

Non liberal

Not to mention cheaper. Like I said before it’s a money making scam for libs who aren’t in the good ole boys oil club. They’re not seriously concerned about climate change.

Yeet

No, every house in the country is a fueling station for electric. That's why I spend less time fueling than you do.

I make 0 stops at chargers or gas stations except on special road trips.

None.

You make a detour for gas. I don't.
My ass dude. You cannot charge an electric car at my rural American house nor anywhere within 100 miles from here. Again you are speaking in general from where maybe you live.