Gov healthcare

moreluck

golden ticket member
Kopechne Care
Gary DeMar Aug 27, 2009

Death is the great equalizer. It’s the door that we all have to pass through (Heb. 9:27). In life, no one is really equal, not even before the law. Ted Kennedy used the tragedies of others to increase the power of the Federal Government. He has been described as a lion, but we were his prey. It’s easy to be beneficent with other people’s money. Recounting Kennedy’s legislative legacy is little more than a list of ever-growing government programs that have cost tax-payers hundreds of billions of dollars. Now the Democrats want to pass the multi-trillion dollar healthcare bill in honor of the last of the Kennedy brothers by calling it KennedyCare. They learned this trick from the political master himself. Kennedy survived the Chappaquiddick incident because of the sentiment the people had for his two assassinated brothers, and the fact that Ted could bring home a lot of pork.
If Ted had not been a Kennedy he would have been drummed out of office after the facts became known about what happened to Mary Jo Kopechne. He left the scene of the accident, passed homes with their lights on as he made his way back to his hotel, did not immediately report the accident, and two fishermen reported the submerged car at 8:20 the next morning. A diver was brought in, and Kopechne’s body was discovered around 8:45 AM.
The diver, John Farrar, later testified at the inquest that Kopechne’s body was pressed up in the car in the spot where an air bubble would have formed. He interpreted this to mean that Kopechne had survived for a while after the initial accident in the air bubble, and concluded:
Had I received a call within five to ten minutes of the accident occurring, and was able, as I was the following morning, to be at the victim’s side within twenty-five minutes of receiving the call, in such event there is a strong possibility that she would have been alive on removal from the submerged car.

Farrar believed that Kopechne “lived for at least two hours down there.” If you want to pass a healthcare bill, call it “Kopechne Care” as a reminder of how politicians abuse power and use their political clout and connections to impoverish this nation and jeopardize our freedoms.
One more thing. If Ted Kennedy had been a Republican, his obituary would have read something like this: “Former disgraced Senator Edward Kennedy died this week. He is most remembered for leaving the scene of an accident where he left a woman to drown as he waited until the next morning to report what he said was an accident. This gave him an opportunity to work on his story for the press in hopes of staying in office. It didn’t work. Conservatives hold their leaders to a higher standard.”

klein

Für Meno :)
Kopechne Care
Gary DeMar Aug 27, 2009

Death is the great equalizer. It’s the door that we all have to pass through (Heb. 9:27). In life, no one is really equal, not even before the law. Ted Kennedy used the tragedies of others to increase the power of the Federal Government. He has been described as a lion, but we were his prey. It’s easy to be beneficent with other people’s money. Recounting Kennedy’s legislative legacy is little more than a list of ever-growing government programs that have cost tax-payers hundreds of billions of dollars. Now the Democrats want to pass the multi-trillion dollar healthcare bill in honor of the last of the Kennedy brothers by calling it KennedyCare. They learned this trick from the political master himself. Kennedy survived the Chappaquiddick incident because of the sentiment the people had for his two assassinated brothers, and the fact that Ted could bring home a lot of pork.
If Ted had not been a Kennedy he would have been drummed out of office after the facts became known about what happened to Mary Jo Kopechne. He left the scene of the accident, passed homes with their lights on as he made his way back to his hotel, did not immediately report the accident, and two fishermen reported the submerged car at 8:20 the next morning. A diver was brought in, and Kopechne’s body was discovered around 8:45 AM.
The diver, John Farrar, later testified at the inquest that Kopechne’s body was pressed up in the car in the spot where an air bubble would have formed. He interpreted this to mean that Kopechne had survived for a while after the initial accident in the air bubble, and concluded:
Had I received a call within five to ten minutes of the accident occurring, and was able, as I was the following morning, to be at the victim’s side within twenty-five minutes of receiving the call, in such event there is a strong possibility that she would have been alive on removal from the submerged car.

Farrar believed that Kopechne “lived for at least two hours down there.” If you want to pass a healthcare bill, call it “Kopechne Care” as a reminder of how politicians abuse power and use their political clout and connections to impoverish this nation and jeopardize our freedoms.
One more thing. If Ted Kennedy had been a Republican, his obituary would have read something like this: “Former disgraced Senator Edward Kennedy died this week. He is most remembered for leaving the scene of an accident where he left a woman to drown as he waited until the next morning to report what he said was an accident. This gave him an opportunity to work on his story for the press in hopes of staying in office. It didn’t work. Conservatives hold their leaders to a higher standard.”

You know, you could be totally right.
But, he long admitted he felt guilt, and he probably felt guilt until the end.
Is that a bad thing ?
No it isn't ! He only didn't want to improve himself, but the entire country .
When will americans ever wake up, and realize they will never have the best country in the world, or live with better standard of living, then other countries , without every american being part of it ?
It's like an individual saying, " Oh , I'm rich, and live well, who cares about my chidren and family ?"
Thats not a rich life .

Along the western industrailized nations, you probably do have the richest people among them, but also the largest population living in poverty.
Look at California, Hollywood. Most rich, and yet the Calif. goverment is broke, among with lot of it's people.

That fact alone, will never make America the best nation of the world, by standard of living, monetary or anything esle.
Kennedy seen that, so does Obama.

I watched 20/20 yesterday... seen your healthcare how it works.
16 minutes per hr spent at a medical clinic is just filing out insurance claims for clients.
Not only that, but your system also makes it impossible to shop by the dollar, seeking medical treatment.
As an example Laser eye therapy has gone down 300% in recent years (not covered by insurance). Optometrist have to compete... if another one charges $50 less, that will make or break you.
Ofcourse, medical clinics and docs, can almost charge what they want, it's undisclosded.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
klein you are a total ***.
You wrote that he felt guilt....so why was he always looking for any good jokes about it ? He laughed at it, the killing of Mary Jo did not matter to him. He is claimed to be a man for the little people, ya he used the little people as stepping stones. Did he just once open his family compound to all the illegals that he wanted in this country, you know for a cookout ? NO.
The reason California is broke is because of all the free care that they have to provide. One of Fatboy's changes to immigration, no longer does one need a sponsor, who signs off that they will ensure that the new arrivals will not be a burden on society. Instead everyone automatically receives public welfare.
Another thing...do you realize that Mexico has been sending their unwanted people to the USA as a pressure relief system. Less chances that there would be another Mexician revolution, quite frankly that is just what is needed today. With the drug lords running the country.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Mexican Consulate is actually quite active in the US in protecting the “rights” of the “undocumented.” In fact, for all practical purposes they have become a de facto agency in Los Angeles where they have formed partnerships with the courts, government officials and numerous non profit agencies to provide healthcare, counseling, to fight alleged labor violations and hold literacy classes. Of course they do not teach them the English they will need to be productive in America but instead teach them proper Spanish along with other important things like essential child rearing skills.
I don’t know why we should be surprised at people illegally in our country receiving special treatment and benefits from our government and theirs, especially in California where the population of illegal aliens is the highest in the land at more than two million people. Things here in this State are so out of control as it is. But we should be angry that a foreign government has near free reign within our own system, that they can manipulate the bureaucracy as efficiently as if it were their own. That they can openly engage in educating people who are not even supposed to be here on how best to scam our system and do it with the blessing of those agencies who are supposed to be here to protect and help us.
About two years ago a woman called me to complain about treatment she received at a State Social Services office in Long Beach. She was in a desperate position and for the first time in her fifty-eight years needed assistance from the State. When she arrived at the office she was rudely turned away. “THIS,” the government worker shouted at her, “is a Spanish ONLY office. We don’t speak English here! I cannot help you. Now leave.”
How is it that in a State where the official language in our constitution is English and by law ALL business MUST be conducted in English, that State agencies can be “Spanish Only”?
This is why Ca is in so much trouble.

fact check

The Mexican Consulate is actually quite active in the US in protecting the “rights” of the “undocumented.” In fact, for all practical purposes they have become a de facto agency in Los Angeles where they have formed partnerships with the courts, government officials and numerous non profit agencies to provide healthcare, counseling, to fight alleged labor violations and hold literacy classes. Of course they do not teach them the English they will need to be productive in America but instead teach them proper Spanish along with other important things like essential child rearing skills.
I don’t know why we should be surprised at people illegally in our country receiving special treatment and benefits from our government and theirs, especially in California where the population of illegal aliens is the highest in the land at more than two million people. Things here in this State are so out of control as it is. But we should be angry that a foreign government has near free reign within our own system, that they can manipulate the bureaucracy as efficiently as if it were their own. That they can openly engage in educating people who are not even supposed to be here on how best to scam our system and do it with the blessing of those agencies who are supposed to be here to protect and help us.
About two years ago a woman called me to complain about treatment she received at a State Social Services office in Long Beach. She was in a desperate position and for the first time in her fifty-eight years needed assistance from the State. When she arrived at the office she was rudely turned away. “THIS,” the government worker shouted at her, “is a Spanish ONLY office. We don’t speak English here! I cannot help you. Now leave.”
How is it that in a State where the official language in our constitution is English and by law ALL business MUST be conducted in English, that State agencies can be “Spanish Only”?
This is why Ca is in so much trouble.

Baba, Most of the posters and readers of the Current Events thread are well versed in the right wing blogs and news sources. There is no need to constantly repost every rumor and blog post you find. The same can be said of Moreluck.

Really, we get it. You don't like Obama, fine. Good to see you are giving him a chance, after all, he is elected to govern your country.

It was noted many times in the past, that a good American would support their Commander in Chief. I guess those rules no longer apply.

Honestly, do you consider yourself a Conservative Republican, a Ron Paul Libertarian, or a Jeff Rense follower?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Baba, Most of the posters and readers of the Current Events thread are well versed in the right wing blogs and news sources. There is no need to constantly repost every rumor and blog post you find. The same can be said of Moreluck.

Really, we get it. You don't like Obama, fine. Good to see you are giving him a chance, after all, he is elected to govern your country.

It was noted many times in the past, that a good American would support their Commander in Chief. I guess those rules no longer apply.

Honestly, do you consider yourself a Conservative Republican, a Ron Paul Libertarian, or a Jeff Rense follower?
You left out "hair-on-fire whacko" :happy-very:

klein

No kidding, the election is long over with. Baba seems to be a poor loser, the majority voted against him.
It's done, it's finished !
I wasn't here on BC in the Bush days, but wondering, was it just as bad ?

On another note, related to this thread: Is Baba happy, 30% of Colledge Students don't have any healthcare insurance ?
They are just another waste of skin, right ? They don't work for UPS or a union, they don't deserve medical treatment. Just losers. They should work instead of getting a degree !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No kidding, the election is long over with. Baba seems to be a poor loser, the majority voted against him.

On another note, related to this thread: Is Baba happy, 30% of Colledge Students don't have any healthcare insurance ?
They are just another waste of skin, right ? They don't work for UPS or a union, they don't deserve medical treatment. Just losers. They should work instead of getting a degree !
klein go have another beer, maybe then you'll start to make some sense.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

fat check are you now doing the job of the mods ?
I wonder about this line "he is elected to govern your country ", would that mean you and klein are kinsmen ?
Disagreeing is a basic right in my America .
I never said that barry soetoro was my president, nor that I was giving him a chance.

klein

fat check are you now doing the job of the mods ?
I wonder about this line "he is elected to govern your country ", would that mean you and klein are kinsmen ?
Disagreeing is a basic right in my America .
I never said that barry soetoro was my president, nor that I was giving him a chance.

Love you fat chic.. opps it's Fact check ! LOL, but you and I do have commen sense.
You can't reach a good econemy, if 30 or 40% are hurting, under paid, or not working.
To reach that goal, you need these same paople to have extra cash to buy items, keep the US engine going.
Even a UPS driver should notice that. No money - no parcel deliveries for that person.
And it seems, UPS driver says, good, less work for me to do.
Just that UPS Driver doesn't know...his job could be up next... because "little people" ran out of money .

wkmac

So universal healthcare is actually a republican idea relaunched under a current democrat federal gov't.

Funny how we've been here before!

Someone tell me again what the real difference is between these 2!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
To repeat myself again; the so called healthcare bills are not concerned with providing anyone with any actual health care, they are designed for and only with taking total control over the general public.
Where else would one find provisions that state everyone must join or be fined for not joining, your bank account information will be accessible even if you don't join, or my favorite mandatory injections required. Ah, the swine flu scam. What a joke....scaring the public by saying 90,000 will die. And then say its the other guys who are trying to scare you.

tieguy

Banned

?

Baba and More by all means , keep posting your very valuable information.

tieguy

Banned

speaking of sore losers. I heard there is a poster here who got fired for drinking on the job. you would think he had moved on to some other job and employee web site by now.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama’s Website: Disagree With Health Care, You’re a “Domestic Terrorist”

by DefendUSx September 02, 2009 00:55 It's true, and here is the exact text:
"All 50 States are coordinating in this – as we fight back against our own Right-Wing Domestic Terrorists who are subverting the American Democratic Process, whipped to a frenzy by their Fox Propaganda Network ceaselessly re-seizing power for their treacherous leaders."
It is post for getting sign-ups to an event organizing a calling campaign to state Senators

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you see the clip of the 'instructors' telling the Dems. to chant down any questions by the opposition at a town hall meeting. Yeah, democracy at work. Looks like Premier Obama has the bases covered. Just shut up everybody that disagrees with you. :sad-little:

moreluck

golden ticket member
RE: the previously mentioned metric crap.....

Now that the metric system is in wide use all over the world, we can see why Americans have not adopted it: A miss is as good as 1.6 kilometers. Put your best .3 of a meter forward. Spare the 5.03 meters and spoil the child. Twenty-eight grams of prevention is worth 453 grams of cure. Give a man 2.5 centimeters and he'll take 1.6 kilometers. Peter Piper picked 8.8 liters of pickled peppers.

diesel96

Gov healthcare; they are designed for and only with taking total control over the general public.

Crush, kill, destroy.......Will Robinson it does not compute....
.....cook coo cook coo

Baba, you can keep your stem cell...:wink2: Believe , we won't touch it...lol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
speaking of sore losers. I heard there is a poster here who got fired for drinking on the job. you would think he had moved on to some other job and employee web site by now.
Now that was kinda mean................. (but right on).................and if I got deep sixed I would be gone..............But it is enjoyable banter to see how Our Canadian brothers look at us.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Crush, kill, destroy.......Will Robinson it does not compute....
.....cook coo cook coo

Baba, you can keep your stem cell...:wink2: Believe , we won't touch it...lol

diesel96 thank you, I enjoyed that. "oh the pain, the pain ".
Its exactly how I feel about barry's wacky plan.