Gov healthcare

wkmac

Here's what would happen , basically daily, with wkmac's idea of healthcare and no regulations at all :

Health News
US doctor, minister who promised herbal cancer cure to faithful arrested on fraud charges

Provided by: The Canadian Press
Written by: Greg Risling, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Oct. 8, 2009

LOS ANGELES - Prosecutors brought fraud charges Thursday against a doctor accused of promising terminally ill cancer patients in their darkest hours that they would be cured with an herbal treatment.
Using her influence as an ordained Pentecostal minister, Dr. Christine Daniel enticed people from across the nation to try her regimen. She even appeared on cable's Trinity Broadcasting Network in 2002 touting her cancer cure and its 60 per cent success rate, according to federal investigators.
Authorities arrested Daniel, 55, at her San Fernando Valley home Thursday and charged her with two counts each of wire and mail fraud. If convicted, she faces up to 80 years in prison.
In court documents, authorities contend Daniel took advantage of patients who desperately sought alternative measures after enduring draining rounds of chemotherapy and radiation.
In all, federal prosecutors said Daniel siphoned about $1.1 million from 55 families between 2001 and 2004. Six patients ranging in age from 4 to 69 died within seven months after seeing Daniel.
"This is an example of a doctor who is preying upon the most vulnerable people in our society," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Johns. "These patients were told they were being cured, but they were being eaten alive by cancer."

And here's Klein's

(NaturalNews) One of the key researchers involved in the clinical trials for both Gardasil and Cevarix cervical cancer vaccines has gone public with warnings about their safety and effectiveness. This highly unusual warning against these vaccines by one of Big Pharma's own researchers surfaced in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Express in the UK over the last few days. There, Dr. Diane Harper openly admitted the vaccine doesn't even prevent cervical cancer, stating, "[The vaccine] will not decrease cervical cancer rates at all."

source

Fortunately, the Sunday Express story was cached outside of the Sunday Express website because they pulled it down. Hmmm, wonder who got that done?

Even CBS covered this story as well. How many other drugs have hit the market only to be revealed later (after the gov't and FDA gave them their blessing) did we learn the tragic truths of this great advances in State sanctioned healthcraft. How is that really any different than the snakeoil salesman who conned us with his firewater? At least with the snakeoil salesman they stand alone and there's no sidepartner in gov't who tells us it's OK because we've tested it and it checks out!

As to the story posted above by Klein, there are alternative therapies that show some promise and enough to even gain the attention of traditional orthodox medicine but at the same time, if the above was a fraud then why wasn't Trinity Broadcasting made to answer as well is they were found to be promoting this idea. Hiding behind Freedom of Religion?

From the story, sounds like the afflicted took this potion and then called some prayer line as if this act of prayer was a part of the actual theraphy. Sorry, but warning signs are all over the place for me when it comes to this approach. I'll admit my own anti-religious bias as on a good day I'm a Deist but otherwise hold a toe in the water towards atheism so Trinity Broadcasting is not on my "must watch" list and I'd question to be quite honest people who spend a lot of time watching it but then these are the same people you find doing this.

Amazing how this kickarse song works with the video! :happy-very:

When you actually look closer at this story, you do discover that an act of religious faith is as much a part of the theraphy as the so-called medicine is.

Some of her patients were drawn to her from her appearance on TBN's "Praise the Lord." Daniel told viewers she collected herbs from around the world, and, when they were combined with prayer, there was a good chance their cancer could be cured.

And from the same story we learn that maybe religion did play a much bigger part in this rather than any serious means of alternative medicine.

Using her influence as an ordained Pentecostal minister, Dr. Christine Daniel tapped into the vessel of faith to entice people from across the nation to try her regimen. She even appeared on cable's Trinity Broadcasting Network in 2002 touting her cancer cure and its 60 percent success rate, according to federal investigators.

source for the 2 above quotes

Just a side note on the terms good chance, having lost a mother-n-law to cancer, a father having had cancer, the doctors never tell you there's a 100% cure rate and they also use the term "good chance" so let's be honest in that even the orthodox methods are not 100% either. And none are without side effects that each person experiences in different levels.

But now I'll give a real true free market example that shows some promise and if you look it's only the tip of the iceberg. In 2006' this article discusses the real potential of a Vitamin C theraphy and consider this point in the article.

Vitamin C and cancer: Follow the money

Unfortunately, the mainstream closed the books on vitamin C cancer therapy when two studies conducted in the 1970s showed that the vitamin was ineffective in treating cancer. But both of those studies tested oral supplements of vitamin C. In recent years, researchers such as Dr. Riordan and Dr. Levine have demonstrated that the difference between oral C and intravenous C is huge.

In the Inquirer article, Dr. Levine makes it clear that he's not trying to prove to the world that IAA will revolutionise the treatment of cancer - he's simply interested in putting IAA to the test. He says, 'The goal is: Find what's true.'

Simple enough, right? But he also notes that there's 'tremendous resistance' to mount significant clinical trials. Part of the resistance stems from the antioxidant issue mentioned above. But what Dr.
Levine does not address is the powerful influence of the profit motive. Drug companies and oncologists will not be able to reap much in the way of profits from an IAA breakthrough. On the contrary, they're more likely to lose a huge source of profits. So with cash cows in jeopardy, the mainstream has little interest in devoting millions of pounds to mount the necessary research.

'Information is diamonds.' That's how Dr. Levine characterises the importance of emerging case studies and other research that will hopefully spur major IAA research. And according to the Inquirer there is hope. Private funding will underwrite an upcoming University of Kansas trial that will test IAA on 30 patients with ovarian cancer. McGill University is also mounting an IAA trial with private funding.

Follow the money! What a marvelous idea.

And what else is amazing is that you stated that the article I posted entitled, "Localized Healthcare" was (to quote you)

Good article ! Totally makes sense.

Did you not understand the author was calling not only for local control but a construct outside a massive central state? Example? How about his idea of guilds (remember co-ops)? He even advocated midwives which I'm very high on as we had our kids at home using one. Oddly enough, we saw our midwife recently and when my 12 year old son was born, she charged $1k for the whole thing including pre-natal, delivery and post natal and now her price is $1300 so in 12 years she's gone up in price 30%. What has traditional medicine done in the area of price in that same timespan? Homebirth is not for everyone, I understand that and I thought my wife nuts when she first suggested it but it is an alternative that is often stamped out by the state (it was illegal when we did it) not because of risk but because of the very points made in the Localized Healthcare or the Vitamin C cancer treatment article. Follow the money!

BTW Klein: How do you justify your position above and yet in another forum you poo-pood the idea of the H1N1 vaccine being promoted by the same statist system you now defend?

But then if you are unable to even understand the true definition of ἀναρχία and to then understand how that is completely different from a society of civil in-fighting between groups using tyranny to obtain control for the own position as ruler (position of statecraft). The goal of the action itself is the complete opposite of ἀναρχία but then I don't expect you to get that either!

wkmac

And of course we have this;

Limiting drug prices means limiting future cures

opps! I messed up and read the fine print at the bottom.

John E. Calfee is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, where he studies healthcare. He has consulted for the pharmaceutical industry.

No, I don't think we should limit prices but how about giving us a free market?

Even Michael Moore admits what we have isn't a free market!

klein

Für Meno :)
By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR, Associated Press Writer Ricardo Alonso-zaldivar, Associated Press Writer – Sat Oct 10, 5:35 pm ET
WASHINGTON – Sixty years is how long Democrats say they've been pushing for legislation that provides health care access for all Americans. They'll have to wait another three if President Barack Obama gets a bill to sign this year.

Baba, as to that whole article. It's a shame.
It won't bring down any costs whatsoever. Will only bring them up.
Only thing I do like about it, is that insurers won't be able to deny coverage or be kicked out of it.
Everything else, is basically garbage, or nothing new.
I can see your medical costs rising over 20% GDP when that takes into effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

wkmac

Good one Klein. Now consider this. The trials cost per the story is around $100mil which is a requirement of gov't to gain approval but here's what
you must ask yourself.

Who benefits if this low cost drug goes no further?

If like me, you'll say the drug companies whose market share is protected by these regulations, then the next question would be,

Who lobbyed to get these market hurdles and regulations passed and in place?

Did you answer the drug companies again? Me too!

Therefore, have the drug companies been able to position themselves in order to establish a type of monopoly or protected cartel using the gov't to act as a type of barrier to a true free market which fosters competition which in turn pushes better products and lower costs?

If again you said yes, then here is the question we have to seriously consider. Is the current gov't regulatory arm really about product safety and fraud reduction or is it about protecting and maintaining a private market for a select few?

If the mafia did this, we'd demand arrests and the putting out of business, this mafia gang. However, what does one do when a gov't acts as a criminal gang and shows no sign or indication of changing course or direction? Do you continue to do business with someone who is knowlingly commiting fraud against you?

Interesting place we find ourselves is it not? Interesting questions also!

klein

wkmac, yup makes me sick thinking about that story. And CTV is like BBC. 100% high reputation. It's not a fake youtube story, or stupid news channel.

Now, if I had cancer, I would try to get my hands on that in a minute. How can they refuse to give it to me ?
But , they would !

So, you'ld have to sue the government, because they deny you access to it.

And why can't someone like Bill Gates step in, with his billions, and his several millions going to charity, promote such a thing, or all the other celebrities that give to cancer.
Heck, even this city is giving more then $10 Mill to cancer research this month.

Why aren't the charities helping ? That we all give money to ?

Something is wrong in this picture.

wkmac

I'm seeing more and more of late on Vitamin D. My wife told me that she saw Dr. Oz on TV discussing Vitamin D and how sunshine takes cholesterol in the body and converts that to Vit. D. Hmmm, I wonder if people got more sunshine how that might effect cholesterol levels and then how that would effect the sale of statin drugs?

Interesting article on Vit. D and Sunshine.

The youtube video in the article is very interesting indeed IMO.

klein

" What Canadians Want You To Know About Their Health Care System "
http://www.mackinac.org/article.aspx?ID=11145

{ that is Canadians other than Klein }

More false US propaganda.
Esspecially "medical tourisum" part.

Just google those 2 words, and you'll find 750.000, reaching 1 Million, Americans travel yearly abroad for medical treatment.

Here, the facts from wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_tourism

And those vids, why did they stick just asking the 4 same people (probably the only US actors they brought in). They could have went on a public busy street and asked the public !

Btw: I don't want you guys to get a public option anymore.
You guys have all the money in the world to go further and further into debt, and keep paying the highest healthcare costs in the world. That are more then double of any other country.
So, keep it as long as you can !
Atleast until, the money runs out.

island1fox

:dissapointed:I wonder how many UPSers and Teamsters have figured out that the Government will deem their present health care as "cadillac"
This will mean that the premiums will be "taxed" --the cost will skyrocket --first to insurance company --next to company ---will be passed down to individual with either higher co-pays or less coverage. Of course Obama is not taxing you directly -----but you will get the full consequence of the tax.
Many companies including UPS -may decide that this is just too expensive.
Pay the fee or fine {another tax} and let us fall into a public option or coop ?? But of course he will still claim that you can keep your present coverage and doctor -----but he does not say it will be your choice --it will be the employers----Just another way to get total control. We will fall into "Klein World" convincing ourselves how good the government is doing with healthcare as it goes the way of the post office---so highly efficient !!!!:anxious:

klein

I don't know anyone who has 26 mins. to waste watching a video.......except Klein:knockedout:

Your right "more", not very many people watch news. And if they do, it's Faux, or whatever else is one sided.

I try to educate myself.
But , most Americans can't even put NY on a map, never mind Alberta.

Go back, to watching your fake rep commercials, that broadcast inbetween your Hollywood shows.

We do well up here, and trust me, won't be long, until all of America is jelous about thier northern neighbor.

And, I know, you'll blame it on Obama, for all the years of overspending, and over using energy you don't have, and living on borrowed money, and because he never got healthcare costs under control.

More education would help all of you.
So, you don't fall further behind.

Blind leading the blind won't go nowhere.
Now, you have someone smart, but he can't lead the blind either, because they became deaf, too.

klein

I am of the belief that ignorance has no borders but hey what do I know I'm an American...:happy-very:

Your freedom of press (only 13th or 17th in the world rankings) won't allow you to learn more.
You can live on boarder cities, like Detroit, or Seattle. Yet, not 1 single Canadian Channel is broadcasted to your TV.

Here, we get them all, CBS. FOX, ABC, NBC, and all your specialty channels like A&E , Discovery, and so on.
My US local channels range from Rochester NY, to Spokane, ID, over to Seattle and Tocomba.

We have great knowledge of America. Because, we have access to it.
Something, maybe you should get access to, to be better informed.